Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Apoc's Voxel project
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 14 of 15 [736 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15 Next
Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know, you should really start releasing some of these voxels, the list is getting quite long. #Tongue

Amazing work, as always, by the way.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 wrote:
You know, you should really start releasing some of these voxels, the list is getting quite long. #Tongue

Amazing work, as always, by the way.

thanks, it will be released soon as i put it all together, some just need some final work before it goes to public, BTW the Thor Gunship & MiG Fighter will not be featured in the pack as they're exclusive in Mental Omega... Wink

and speeder, thanks for the ingame, damn gotta re-install RA2... Very Happy

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i've been waiting fo ages for these to be realesed

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Many mods (such as my own) will see ingame updates when Azri_Apoc gives us the third pack.

Everything's looking great as always, Azri.

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no need for introduction on this unit... the Pride of Allied Navy is HERE!!, made for Mental Omega, no plans on releasing this to public yet, but will consider... Wink

damn!! it took me almost 4 and half hours to achieve the result like this, still need few more work though...

comment?

Allied Aircraft Carrier - 3D View.gif
 Description:
Allied Aircraft Carrier - 3D View
 Filesize:  1 MB
 Viewed:  18632 Time(s)

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Epic.

But in-games would make it even more epic.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That took you four hours?

That would have taken me.... Days, to say the least.

That's one of the sexiest units you've shown us so far.

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry no ingames yet since it needs few tweak... & another reason is i don't have RA2 installed ATM since my CD's also screwed up, i'm waiting for a copy of TFD from my cousin... Sad

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OH MY GIDDY AUNT i think i'm gonna have a stroke looking at that thing it's beast

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

azri_apoc wrote:
sorry no ingames yet since it needs few tweak... & another reason is i don't have RA2 installed ATM since my CD's also screwed up, i'm waiting for a copy of TFD from my cousin... Sad

So long as you have CD keys, poke me on MSN and I'll create ISOs for you to use. Wink

Steam

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Daymn that does look nice Surprised

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome, IMO but i m not big fans of the runway end

azri_apoc wrote:
made for Mental Omega, no plans on releasing this to public yet

Speeder, stop keeping good things alone!! :p

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

azri_apoc wrote:

As soon as you tweak it and finish it, send it over to Speeder, and have him produce some in-game screenshots of it, because that thing is GODLIKE. #Tongue

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Massive Epic vxl. I didnt even know it was possible to make vxl's look the superior. I'm just speechless now.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very sexy

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

azri_apoc wrote:
no need for introduction on this unit... the Pride of Allied Navy is HERE!!, made for Mental Omega, no plans on releasing this to public yet, but will consider... Wink

damn!! it took me almost 4 and half hours to achieve the result like this, still need few more work though...

comment?

Can you make a Different Version for public release?

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Very Nice , good job Smile

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zengar_Zombolt wrote:

as i said on previous post "will consider".... Wink

so there is no other version will be made as this one already painful to model... Laughing

FurryQueen wrote:
So long as you have CD keys, poke me on MSN and I'll create ISOs for you to use.

uhh... i think its not necessary, thanks i've just got the TFD from my cousin this morning, and here's a ingame preview of it... Wink

Description:
Allied Aircraft Carrier - 3D View
 Filesize:  1 MB
 Viewed:  18475 Time(s)

Allied Aircraft Carrier - Ingame.png
 Description:
Allied Aircraft Carrier - Ingame
 Filesize:  194.22 KB
 Viewed:  18475 Time(s)

Allied Aircraft Carrier - Ingame.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy shit.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Am I the only one who doesn't like these? Confused

Steam

Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks smooth but just a little hard to make out what's in the middle.

Offtopic: 66666 Views... CCCCCCCOMBO BREAKER.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why not Fen?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't like these? Confused

I'm not a huge fan of the carrier either. It seems too complex (especially at the SE and SW angles) and too smooth over all. More contrast between the lower and higher areas, and removal of some of the superfluous features along the sides would help.

IDK, a more well detailed version of the vanilla carrier would probably have been a better choice, although I don't know what MO is going for...

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love it, looks original.

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no!! dont add the plane!!

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, looks better than I expected.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn ( spechless) :O

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iamn00b wrote:
no!! dont add the plane!!

ignore the jets they're just a placeholder i'm just about to redesign the new graphic for those jets, those jets will be removed since there's a hangar on the back... Wink

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, not a big fan of the Carrier either. The back just looks odd how it ends with no gradient and the air strip itself is too thin and cluttered by the stuff at the side.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the carrier looks ztyping superb.

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

azri_apoc wrote:
Zengar_Zombolt wrote:

as i said on previous post "will consider".... Wink

so there is no other version will be made as this one already painful to model... Laughing

I Think I missed my meaning. Can you make a different, yet still in your style carrier? Dose not have to be as lavish as the MO one.

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Amazing!

daviperdragon
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The design is a bit OTT for a carrier IMO, would look better with a huge rail cannon rather then a runway #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks fine in my opinion; It makes a nice change from the standard Aircraft Carrier designs.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Krow wrote:
Why not Fen?

It's just too busy looking, and it's really over the top. Even by RA2's wacky standards.

Steam

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in total agreement with Fen, Orac, OmegaBolt, and Mig Eater. The detail in the back overloads the voxel. If you ditched the back housing unit (which has two tunnels that appear too small to let actual planes through) it would look amazing.

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:
I'm in total agreement with Fen, Orac, OmegaBolt, and Mig Eater. The detail in the back overloads the voxel. If you ditched the back housing unit (which has two tunnels that appear too small to let actual planes through) it would look amazing.

then you better check this out... Rolling Eyes

how come the lift on the side will fit those jets, those jets are two times bigger than the lift, and the control tower also smaller than the jets, didn't mean to compare with mine and i didn't say my ACC are better than this one... Wink

no offense here mate but there's no need to be so realistic about size, you want a precise modelling then use the 3dsmax...

carrier_000.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.59 KB
 Viewed:  18293 Time(s)

carrier_000.png

Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ooh that looks nice... But a bit dark, maybe?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

azri_apoc is right. To achieve realistic proportions is wrong in the first place since there is no realistic proportion at all in C&C.

However i think the proportions inside one object should be at least a bit accurate and fit together. Thus i would suggest removing the planes from the runway, so the 2 start/landing ways and the hangar entrance/exit fit together.

The carrier without the planes is imo one of the best (if not the best) carrier for RA2/YR. It has a unique cool design, great detail and looks plain marvelous.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

XGiga
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
azri_apoc is right. To achieve realistic proportions is wrong in the first place since there is no realistic proportion at all in C&C.

However i think the proportions inside one object should be at least a bit accurate and fit together. Thus i would suggest removing the planes from the runway, so the 2 start/landing ways and the hangar entrance/exit fit together.

The carrier without the planes is imo one of the best (if not the best) carrier for RA2/YR. It has a unique cool design, great detail and looks plain marvelous.

i agreed

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

azri_apoc wrote:
no offense here mate but there's no need to be so realistic about size, you want a precise modelling then use the 3dsmax...

There's reason to at least make sense on a per voxel basis. Using RA2's silly standards is just an excuse to be lazy or an excuse not to think. However, the new one attached to this post is much better. It's not goofy or over the top; it's sensible, which can work well even in RA2. Most ACCs really are just runways anyhow so anything fancy is just unnecessary, even for RA2.

Steam

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
the new one attached to this post is much better
If you are not aware that's Mig Eaters IIRC.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh. Well... in any case, that's the kind of thing that looks good in RA2 so my point remains valid.

Steam

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the end, it's really just a matter of taste. If a fancy ACC is what MO wants, so be it.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have to say, azri's carrier gives me a impression of a battleship hull than an carrier and why bother with a runway (Mig only does since realism and accurate to original...) as RA2 can do nothing but vtols rising directly vertical and parked planes on runway method is not too super either, as boring it might be, i prefer the original acc hole method.

Also lose the water line remaps, they aren't tasty.

Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it, its a different approach so don't scare him off ;p

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's called stylized. Realism is for assholes.

Garrick
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*looks at Azri_Apoc's carrier*
...oh. Hi there CV-565 Saratoga II! That thing it's supposed to orbit! XD
Are the allies getting Variable Fighters in Mental Omega?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 14 of 15 [736 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon