Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 am
All times are UTC + 0
Discussions
Moderators: Reaperrr
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5 [219 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-

Last edited by burton6747 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, interesting. Your all awear that the mrls cant ACTAULLY shoot into the air (the acutal one that is). wouldnt it be easier to make a unit that IS GDI's anti air unit and just modfy the mrls to make it the artillery. hell it IS the prefured american artilley unit.
just makes sense to me.
oh, and make the prototype wolverine! (you know, the one with the laser... and i KNOW you can make it animated... the dinos are, lol).
hmm, just making a new apc for nod? sounds kinda strange, considering the one its currently based on in real life is a pile of arse anyway, lol.
-Liam

Longshanks
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um, that wasn't a prototype wolverine in that video. It was a Nod mech prototype.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Longshanks wrote:
Um, that wasn't a prototype wolverine in that video. It was a Nod mech prototype.

Oh yes, very Nod, especially with the GDI logo on the front #Tongue
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/junk/stuff/wall/tfd/cc/powersut.jpg

burton6747 wrote:
WHYY??? Because...the past is now in the past...Not thinking of others (newbies) reading the forum...I don't like to read the same shit over and over...and quite frankly didn't like anything I wrote anyway...(if you can't add to HIM *hint* *hint*....then no point in even trying)...Sorry if its hard to read the forum...Once its all said and done with...you can delete all the posts...

Not the point. It disrupts the flow of the forum. We don't hold your old posts against you, and removing them is a lot more annoying than whatever you may have posted that you don't like now.

Last edited by Nyerguds on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total

MT
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hes overreacts yet more, and deletes it all?! wtf man...

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lmao. How'd the mech get balanced?

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whiteshoes-n-gloves wrote:
hmm, interesting. Your all awear that the mrls cant ACTAULLY shoot into the air (the acutal one that is). wouldnt it be easier to make a unit that IS GDI's anti air unit and just modfy the mrls to make it the artillery. hell it IS the prefured american artilley unit.
just makes sense to me.

Basically you're right, but the problem is, in TD all missiles can target both air and ground targets (the SAM site is a special case). If we kept the MLRS as artillery unit and gave GDI a anti-air unit on top of that, GDI would have two units that can target both air and ground, and both have a high range of fire (giving the AA unit a lower range than the MLRS wouldn't make sense).

So in terms of realism, making the MLRS as arty unit would have made more sense, but in terms of gameplay, it makes more sense the way we're doing it, and I think that's what matters in the end.

oh, and make the prototype wolverine! (you know, the one with the laser... and i KNOW you can make it animated... the dinos are, lol).

there would be several problems, the main problem being that giving GDI a mech with a laser would seriously hurt the balancing, just like Destiny said.

hmm, just making a new apc for nod? sounds kinda strange, considering the one its currently based on in real life is a pile of arse anyway, lol.

I simply don't like the idea of both sides using the same APC. Besides, it will be based on a real-life "not-so-good" vehicle as well Wink

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, you know what would make ALL the units make more sence (someones going to rip me out for this one, but it still makes sence).
make the nod light tank a gdi unit, make it shoot gun and make it an apc and then give NOD the other one. (as the light tank is the Bradly, the american APC, and its turret is a machine gun, not a cannon, lol). And for the Nod light tank, just put in the Russian T-72, it's a soviet tank that theres ALOT of kicking around the place, so if someone was buying up weapons, this is what they'd probly get.
and you CANT make something that only shoots into the air? kinda anoying... do you really think a grenade launcher should be what's being used as an artillery? Seems like quite a weak powered unit to me... perhaps I'm wrong though, as I don't actually know what your using. Im not awear very westernised armies used such things anymore. Though, I havent reasurched it. Just make sure it's something that actually fits the bill of the unit that could be found in Britten or America.
Oh, and though I was kinda joking about the mini mech, it'd still be cool to get, even if only as an unbuildable unit, that you get 1 or a few of to "test" in a mission.
-Liam

Apex
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you want the GDI and Nod to switch around the light and medium tank? Stating the obvious this would wreck the style of gameplay both sides have. And wait... where is there a unit that uses grenades as artillery?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Destiny
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lmao, there was? My TFD manuals says it does not exist. Only that damn grenadier who dies like...lol.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

|Read| wrote:
So you want the GDI and Nod to switch around the light and medium tank? Stating the obvious this would wreck the style of gameplay both sides have. And wait... where is there a unit that uses grenades as artillery?

Just ignore Liam. He is an avatar of the Un-Balancer... the evil Demon-God that tries to destroy gameplay in fresh new games and mods.

Grenade artillery will be made by Raminator, and coded by Nyer's haxxx skills.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and balanced by The Grim Reaperrr Himself Wink

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehehehehe DEATH!

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does he make a cameo appearance in-game with a scyth and moves at twice the speed of an Orca?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[discworld]HE ALSO HAS A HORSE NAMED BINKY.[/discworld]

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does it have tiberium mutations on it?!?!?! Very Happy

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, you've all completely misread me. The light tank looks like the bradley in game and in the vid clips, but DOENST act like it in game (in real life its the american apc, its gun is anti infantry and it carries troops). It would make sense if it was a GDI unit AND acted like the current apc in all regards. This leaves an issue that then nod has no light tank picture, answer, make the T-72 to replace the old graphics, again, same stats, different look. Then we move on to what the change was going to be, differnt graphics for nods APC, again, I'd say go Russian, but you can find any old armoured transport pile of junk for them, I leave it to you. Nod doesnt have to be so millitarly put together, theyd buy anything theyd get there hands on id say.
-Liam

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, you've all completely misread me. The light tank looks like the bradley in game and in the vid clips, but DOENST act like it in game (in real life its the american apc, its gun is anti infantry and it carries troops). It would make sense if it was a GDI unit AND acted like the current apc in all regards. This leaves an issue that then nod has no light tank picture, answer, make the T-72 to replace the old graphics, again, same stats, different look. Then we move on to what the change was going to be, differnt graphics for nods APC, again, I'd say go Russian, but you can find any old armoured transport pile of junk for them, I leave it to you. Nod doesnt have to be so millitarly put together, theyd buy anything theyd get there hands on id say.
-Liam

imo the ingame version does NOT look like a Bradley.

if we go by realism, we'd also
- have to make the bradley fire its gun at high velocity and with anti-vehicle capabilities
- give it missiles against tanks
- make it the same speed as the M1
but a troop carrier with strong fighting capabilities is a nightmare for balancing.

We *might* replace the light tank graphics with T-55-based graphics rami has already made, that would "fix" the problem.

IMO the only reason WW used the Bradley as Light Tank was that they were a lazy bunch.

and yes, the Nod APC will be based on russian APCs.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, nice...

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sweet, that sounds pretty good to me. as I DO still see GDI when I see the apc that they are currently using.
and on the bradly note, Im awear taht if we're going for absolute realism, this would be a crazy crazy game. Tanks would shoot across entire maps, atrillery would level buildings in one shot, single missiles would blow away almost any unit, helecopters would rule any area not coverd by a sam and most importantly, this would be nods ONLY way of dealing damage, as anything else realisticly cant stand up to a medium tank (abrams), let alone the sci-fi awsomeness of the mammoth, lol.
The point I was really getting at was, the light tank, as it is, is fucken wierd.
-Liam

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't wait till its finished...but don't add any robotic units like the one shown above. Let's keep C&C in the realm of its natural settings.

Last edited by burton6747 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You obviously never checked the unit designs WW planned to use for C&C?

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

really? I thought they actually kept the mechs for Tib Sun? (or mech, as it was at the time... and then they changed it, lol).
-Liam

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&C was ment to have one Titan on rollerskate legs, multiple Wolverine/Zone Trooper soldiers, jumpjet soldiers and even a guy with robotic machineguns on his back.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ooooooooooooh...wow.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And Nod would have cyborgs.

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&C95 was meant to have all that?...interesting. I can see where it would fit in with Tiberium Sun, but not TD.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TD was supposed to have modern low tech units and scifi high tech units.

After all, TD was made on top of Dune II.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stealth tanks, giant laser towers, green crystals stelon from a 1950's sci-fi film, giant particla cannons in the sky, yeah the game was meant to be modern day.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Phobonaut... learn the difference between "concept art" and "stuff cut from a game". It's about the same as the difference between brainstorm ideas and a solid design. Much concept art is made in very early stages, to get the feel of the project.

If you look at these concept arts you're talking about, it becomes VERY clear that they simply decided to make a prequel to the game idea they had, and kept pretty much all of that stuff for TS.

Also, TD was not "made on top of Dune II". The game engine was completely rewritten for TD.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'm a wannabe-artstudent so I view the brainstorm concepts at all stages as "the game", and programming and 3d modelling as a 'minor finishing touch'.

#Tongue

I'm guessing you think differently... Very Happy

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking at the fact I learn project management at school, yes I do Rolling Eyes

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Also, TD was not "made on top of Dune II". The game engine was completely rewritten for TD.

Not so true, the base engine was, major and minor stayed the same, just with a lot of library's heavily edited.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Besides, RTS games in general haven't changed much on the Dune II formula, only RoboRumble (completely customisable units) and Company of Heroes/Dawn of War were truly different.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well the only class I've found in Dune II was the fileclass... for the rest, every piece of data seems to be in its own exe section... without any visible references to it... gahh, the horror.

Oh, btw, my statement that Tiberian Dawn was made as prequel to an already-planned Tiberian Sun is further reinforced by the fact the very first release of C&C already included a teaser for TS.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, I see... Strange.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm...I don't think it's possible to have the queuing system for the sidebar...back to the ol' click-and-click-and-click again, I see. #Tongue

No, dismiss that if you can. I have entirely no experience in what Nyers can do.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Phobonaut wrote:
Besides, RTS games in general haven't changed much on the Dune II formula, only RoboRumble (completely customisable units) and Company of Heroes/Dawn of War were truly different.

eh?

Ground Control, Homeworld, World in Conflict, Joint Task Force, EndWar etc?

(well all those games were RTT games and not RTS)

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah RTT games are fun for a while but then it gets very boring and repetitive later IMO, I just stick with RTS because theres more opportunity to mess around with. #Tongue

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, unholy phuck, getting in sidebar unit queing would be a satan send.

Nyer, or Reaperrr, or ANYONE!!!!! It would be so ztyping cool to implement this, this- revoLUTION!

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

then do it? -_-

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes! DO IT!

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[insert ben stiller saying do it here]

Would it be easier to reprogram td to have a queue or to a tc bring everything to TS? And since the latter has already been done, I'm gonna go with that.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This isn't about remaking TD.

Even if I found the logic executed when clicking on an icon of a construction type that's busy (might just be tracing the sound ID of "unable to comply, building in progress") and even if I could adapt it to start building that next one immediately after the previous one finished, there's still the problem of both giving the abililty to cancel the queued units, AND of representing it visually. Especially that last one seems quite impossible seeing as I haven't even found out how to expand the icons list beyond four. And now you're asking me to somehow draw numbers over it or something while I don't even know how the icons themselves ARE drawn.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wouldn't a cue option increase the TANK RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKE possibilities?

Since TD already has some serious TANK RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEK issues, I doubt we need cue options.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
This isn't about remaking TD.

Even if I found the logic executed when clicking on an icon of a construction type that's busy (might just be tracing the sound ID of "unable to comply, building in progress") and even if I could adapt it to start building that next one immediately after the previous one finished, there's still the problem of both giving the abililty to cancel the queued units, AND of representing it visually. Especially that last one seems quite impossible seeing as I haven't even found out how to expand the icons list beyond four. And now you're asking me to somehow draw numbers over it or something while I don't even know how the icons themselves ARE drawn.

Hmm. I understand.

Well, I guess we can all live life without it. But Nyer, I wouldn't be that surprised to learn that later on, after you seemingly figure out everything that there is to TD, you post here on PPM, that you've found out how to make build cues for TD.

I predict it getting build-qeues in TD will be just like in APB situation, where although for years true fixed wing aircraft couldn't be made in Renegade, Bluehell Productions proved them wrong; they finally figured it out, or a work around.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just don't think I actually WANT to add it <_<

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really? How come?

Unit Spammage? I personally would like to have an easier & faster time getting forces made.Makes the game smoother.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
I just don't think I actually WANT to add it <_<

And I don't want you to add it, either Wink

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
Really? How come?

Unit Spammage? I personally would like to have an easier & faster time getting forces made.Makes the game smoother.

IMO one of the great things of TD/RA1 is that they aren't as goddamn fast-paced as most modern RTS are. That's one of the reasons why I still like them more than the later C&Cs.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you guys have patience, ah. I couldn't bear TD's gameplay (And the sidebar) and uninstalled it from TFD. #Tongue Guess to me TD is limiting macro/maximizing micro...I dunno.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5 [219 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon