Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
XTX progress report
Moderators: daTS, Gangster, Team Black
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [69 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think that train tunnels need to be bigger than 1 cell wide and 2 cells high.
in addition you could place an immune invisible dummy building in front of the tunnel entrance on the tracks, so only the train can enter the tunnel and all other units can't pass this. Wink

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the train destroys anything it runs over, immune or not..
And whenever it runs something over, the train itself takes damage, immune or not

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how about a special water terrain tile that looks like normal ground. if you place on this the train track, the train should still be able to move on this, but no other ground unit (except hover units).

or how about an invisible rock overlay? can a train move through them?

anyway, even if a MMKII would try to move through the tiny tunnel, the graphical enhancement for maps would be still worth the construction of such a train tunnel imo.

Public SHPs

Tools

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the MovementRestrictedTo=tracks tag on the train is what limits its movement. AFAIK this can't have more than one value..

The Team Black Index

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but the tracks are an overlay which can be placed on water too. so the train should still be able to move on the tracks.

ah i see right now that the second idea with the rock can't work as it is an overlay too and 2 overlays on one cell are possible.

Public SHPs

Tools

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well ah.. anything the train can move on, vehicles can move on as well.. tracks on water included

The Team Black Index

Tazzy
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry to bumo or bring back a dead topic (if it is) is all this in the Beta 9.0 Thing? Sorry for such a stupid question?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just 4 days, that's alright..
This isn't in the beta 0.9 - that's Gangster's original TX, and it contains just a few paved cliffs and city pavement.
XTX is a full blown expansion of the TX, and will feature a ton more stuff, especially for the civilians.

The Team Black Index

Tazzy
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah and when this is released it will be posted in this section? or have its own area? As from the picture shown, I really am intrested in this.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will it be includable in mods? i.e. can I stick its files in my mod files and release.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tazzy wrote:
Ah and when this is released it will be posted in this section? or have its own area?

It will be released in this "Tiberian Sun Terrain & Civilian Expansion" forum. It's an enhancement of TSTX and not a complete new version, so the download will be here. Wink

Team of Noobs wrote:
Will it be includable in mods? i.e. can I stick its files in my mod files and release.

yes, you only have to do some minor changes (e.g. rules.ini and art.ini to add the new units buildings; temperat.ini and snow.ini to add the XTX terrain, if your mod doesn't has any new terrain you can take the XTX temperat and snow ini as they are)

Public SHPs

Tools

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tazzy
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Tazzy wrote:
Ah and when this is released it will be posted in this section? or have its own area?

It will be released in this "Tiberian Sun Terrain & Civilian Expansion" forum. It's an enhancement of TSTX and not a new version, so the download will be here. Wink

Well that clears a few things up then Smile

Looking forward to this now Smile i'll make sure to keep checking up to see how progess goes Smile

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

My question too.

Will this be a resource only for mappers, or an addition to mods other than TO?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well LKO answered... it can be included in mods, which is great.

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think that's entirely true. With all the mods using new terrain going around, I think that the attention to XTX is going to be scattered, and result in a terrain modification that does not become the standard for new mods.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe not the standard for the current big mod projects like TO and TI, but for all the new mods which don't want to add new terrain, this is surely an option and it can be also a base for mods which start after the release of XTX.

In addition could there be an unofficial patch 2.04 possible, where we include XTX and lots of the bugfixes for the known TS bugs like non-playing animations on buildings and wrong rules.ini settings.
This could be then the new standard for online games and mappers.
So even if mods wouldn't use this that much, it would definitely enhance standard TS.

Public SHPs

Tools

Tazzy
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
maybe not the standard for the current big mod projects like TO and TI, but for all the new mods which don't want to add new terrain, this is surely an option and it can be also a base for mods which start after the release of XTX.

In addition could there be an unofficial patch 2.04 possible, where we include XTX and lots of the bugfixes for the known TS bugs like non-playing animations on buildings and wrong rules.ini settings.
This could be then the new standard for online games and mappers.
So even if mods wouldn't use this that much, it would definitely enhance standard TS.

Well if i knew how to mod i would defo use this, I like the idea of it and the use of roads. As i like the idea of being able to make side roads and better looking roads than the current ones tibsun uses.... But i am egar to see what the next release will hold, as i am getting back into the TibSun editing. Any idea when a release might be ready or more previews?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well I'm VERY close to getting an internal build together for the staff.
We're planning to make a complete snow theater set to match the temperate set, and marble madness set too Very Happy
In the meanwhile, LKO and I will be continuing on the civilian buildings and vehicles (and a few new tiberian lifeforms Smile )
after that it's testing, and touching up the details.

That's what things are looking like so far, the only deadline promise I can make at this point is that it most definitely will be released before September 2009.. (probably much much sooner)

The Team Black Index

Tazzy
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As stated before looking forward to this Smile

I'll be here in the shadows #Bandit watching and waiting....

or just in my room on my computer just messing around with finalsun ( when im free that is #Tongue )

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon