Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:13 am
All times are UTC + 0
Hardware helpz for RA3
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject:  Hardware helpz for RA3
Subject description: Can this hunk of junk manage to run RA3?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mah hardwares are:

Mobo: Asus P4S800D-X
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.80 GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon 9550
Disk Space: around 130 GB on the other drive, and 60+ on the main drive

Ok, thats about all the important things (I think), oh, and my birth day is coming in about 2 days, and Im gonna buy RA3 as a present, but im not sure if my PC can run it, I checked canyourunit already, and it said I could, but yougamer said otherwise, well, nothing beats the real question, so what do u guys say?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well ive got...

Win XP
Pentium D 2.8Ghz
nVidia GeForce 7600GT

Which surprisingly plays it at around medium-high with no lag. They must have seriously optimised the game cause I had to play the beta on lowest.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Iron Cathedral wrote:
Well ive got...

Win XP
Pentium D 2.8Ghz
nVidia GeForce 7600GT

Which surprisingly plays it at around medium-high with no lag. They must have seriously optimised the game cause I had to play the beta on lowest.

Well, I would atleast want that Video Card, since it seems kick ass, it can run super comm on the highest level says canyourunit >.<

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Iron Cathedral wrote:
Well ive got...

Win XP
Pentium D 2.8Ghz
nVidia GeForce 7600GT

I guess you have Water detail at medium max. My PC is better then yours, but with Water detail at high I notice it runs slower. Also, Shader detail on high also causes much lag (but it make explosions soooooooo much nicer #Tongue)

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have:

WinXP SP2
Geforce 7600GT
3GB Ram
3,2Ghz

I play on 1280x1024, medium and high details. Gonna try all high later.
anyway inzane krazy, I dont think you can play the game with that computer. Your g-card sucks Very Happy

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

someone else has a radeon 9550! I has a better P4 :p 3.2 Hyperthreaded.

Apex
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can run it on high Very Happy . Yes, I bought it finally.

Windows Vista
GeForce 9800GT
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
3GB RAM

With your hardware setup you will probably be able to run the game on low detail. I would still recommend an upgrade because that setup is at the edge of compatibility with modern games.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

:/ I really wanna play RA3, and its ok if I play the game on low, but I would agree that upgrading it would be nice, cause this thing is ancient, and everyone else has much more kick-ass PC than me D:

@ NewGuy, Yarhar, the g-card sucks over 9000, and everytime I run a test at canyourunit, its always the video card that stops me, but all the other hardwarez are fine D:

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

7600GTs were good, but not really anymore... very cheap though.

Also forgot, ive got 1GB RAM.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I got 2GB of ram, so i pass that anytime, and i read in a forum that it would be better to get an ATI Radeon X1950 Pro, what do u guys think, obtw, i forgot to mention, I can only have AGP Video cards, and i know I should move on to PCI-E and all, but I dont really have a budget, and im looking forward to working soon.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My current comp can't even play TW #Tongue A 2GB RAM with a 8800GT/9600T should be enough for RA3?

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well durrrr. the 8000 and 9000 Nvidia Series can run games that are newly released for months I bet!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
My current comp can't even play TW #Tongue A 2GB RAM with a 8800GT/9600T should be enough for RA3?

That's enough to play TW on ultra high or RA3 on high I'd guess Smile
That reminds me: get 2 Gig extra RAM #Tongue

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yarhar, what dutchy said

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum