Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
New version of my C&C3 tools now available (RA3/KW also)
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
jonwil
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject:  New version of my C&C3 tools now available (RA3/KW also) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have released a new version of my C&C3 tools. Grab the binaries from here: (once www.cncmods.net comes back, they will be uploaded there too)
http://users.tpg.com.au/jfwfreo/cc3tools.zip
Grab the source from here:
http://users.tpg.com.au/jfwfreo/cc3toolssrc.zip

The new feature is a tool called binview. This can view (and extract) any texture from TW, KW and RA3.
How to use:
1.Open bigextract.exe.
2.Open the .big file from the game you want to work on and extract the .manifest file and matching .bin, .imp and .relo files, as follows:
TW/KW:
Core\1.0\StaticStream.big static_common.manifest (main game art)
Core\1.0\WBData.big worldbuilder.manifest (all civilian art, single player faction specific art etc)
RA3:
Data\StaticStream.big static.manifest (main game art)
Data\WBData.big worldbuilder.manifest (all civilian art, single player faction specific art etc)
3.Open binview.exe
4.Open the .manifest file you just extracted (assuming you put all 4 files in the same folder it should work)
5.You should now be able to view the textures. If you wish to extract one, use the save option to save a .dds file (which you can then convert to any other image format such as tga, png or whatever else)

Only limitation so far is that it may not be able to handle big files (i.e. wbdata.manifest from RA3) depending on how much memory you have as it has to read the entire .manifest, .bin, .imp and .relo files into RAM (I have 2GB of main RAM and even my system cant read worldbuilder.manifest from RA without giving an "out of memory" error. If there are any C/C++ programmers out there willing to help me rewrite my program so it can handle the large files, please let me know.

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll have fun extracting RA3 textures. Very Happy

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: New version of my C&C3 tools now available (RA3/KW also) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jonwil wrote:
If you wish to extract one, use the save option to save a .dds file
Sorry, but binview can only save as png ... please fix it. It should be dds.

BuddaBoy
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can view the WorldBuilder.manifest myself, I think at least 4 Gigs is requierd though

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jonwil do you know how to extract ra3 voice to the pc/winamp?
I dont understand the "cdata" format.

jonwil
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A new version of the tools has been uploaded at the same URL. The texture save now saves as dds. Also, I redid the code to use less memory on big files, it now handles worldbuilder.manifest from RA3 just fine on my machine.

As for extracting the audio, thats not possible.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: aaaaaaaaa Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sad Sad

binviewer.exe error:

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #Mad

MT
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Don't spam 'a'
2. Provide details

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum