Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:09 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Guess what I finally bought...
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject:  Guess what I finally bought... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The orange box. And with money from my birthday too (ie 2 weeks ago). But it was an eventful day, I bought my first car, a 2000 nissan maxima. Now I must decide how to spend my time, cruisin' the streets or clicking away.

So, how shoyuld I prepare myself for the awesomeness that is the orange box?

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Play the Orange Box.

Less CO2 exhausts from cars is good for everyone.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you have never played HL2 or TF2, prepare for an epic world and loads of fun Very Happy The epic world of Half-Life, and the epic fun of Team Fortress 2 online #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TF2 is good. The others are meh... People still hyped over nothing.

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Play Portal, then play TF2. Don't bother with HL2.
TF2 is fantastic if you're into that type of MP game, I used to love it but I massively prefer CoD style now.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am gufu1992 on STEAM. Add me, so we can farm the achievments together.

HL2 is not nothing!

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Play all the games!

The HL2 first then Portal and Team Fortress uhmmm when you want... XD

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The best part of HL2 is Gary's Mod.

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True dat, GMod rocks!

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just beat portal, that was such a great and rewarding game. Too bad the cake was a lie Sad.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GMod owns for sure #Tongue And Portal is also nice, especially at the ending.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might get the Orange box for the 360...

Then again, Halo 3: ODST is coming out soon...

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Halo 3?

*shudders*

Halo fanboys... almost as bad as Gears of War fanboys...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Almost as bad as antifanboys fanboys.

Gears of War = Revolutionary. Unique.
Gears of War 2 = Incredibly fun. Still unique.
Halo 1 = very fun!

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GoW2 was kinda boring. Meh.

Last edited by gufu on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That 'cause you like HL2. If you play anything vaguely interesting you cant handle it. #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oops. Edited - GoW 1 was epic. GoW 2 was meh.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have HL2 on the xbox, so I'm gonna go ahead and skip it for the pc. Unless anyone knows of some big differences?....

Anyways, I only played Gears once at a buddy's house, and it was online. It was graphically stunning, but other than that very boring.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes - no mods or costom maps for you. Check out Zombie Panic, The Hidden, and a few others. Believe me, there are no things as fun as running around the HL2 level with a few more "insane" people.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But the campaign itself is what I am talking about. I beat episode 1 today, that was really fun. I liked running through the hospitals shooting all teh zombies. Off to episode 2.

(Oh yeah Gufu, suppose I'm on steam play TF2, and I get a little message that says that you just got on, how do I ask you join the game I'm in? (I'm DaFool321).

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Press Shift+Tab. Then press friends, and then "Join" next to my name.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@the Rats in the Walls:
No need to shudder, and become wrapped in fear; I am a reasonable fanboy.

Although H3 is seemingly VERY simplistic, it is not; its a great online shooter, very balanced weapons (except the plasma pistol & rifle, they just need a slight damage increase, and you should be able to headshot kill someone with a charged Plasma Pistol shot) and extremely balanced vehicles and infantry vs. vehicles dynamics (you can jack people's rides, or shove a grenade in the engine, fuckin sweet).

Halo 3's campaign was decent, and this expansion pack promises some more sweet stealth campaign missions, plus more multiplayer maps.

I don't get why people don't like Halo... is it because they cannot get into it, or something? Once you get a feel for it online, and start winning, whats not to like?

Halo 3 is all about the multiplayer; once you start winning its addictive; you're always calculating EVERYTHING, timing the grenade throws, trying to get into the best positions.

Halo 3 is intense, 'nuff said. Never played GoW, but that lancer assault rifle seems promising, heh.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I beat episode 2 today. Now I wants episode three! It was fun, but I liked epidsode 1 better. I do want Halo 3, but I have to wait (forever) for it to come out on the PC. Anyways, I now can divy up my time between Team Fortress 2 and Red Alert 3 for online time. I am pronouncing my mods dead at the scene.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats the way to be.

I'd love to see some mods for H3 PC, when it comes out.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Episode 1 kept crashing on meh.Something is wrong. I blame me, doing the driver update for the video card, incorrectly.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ep1 is pretty fun. Alyx follows you around the whole time, and it almost feels like co-op, except that she actually has character development. There's this level where you're in a building and zombies and combine are everywhere, and you two run around with a shotgun...oh what fun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum