Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Wake Island
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject:  Wake Island
Subject description: NEED FEEDBACK
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know it's asking alot for ppm members to post some feedback but I need some for this map. There is little room on the island for land buildings so this is obviousely a water focused map. You can fit a WF and a few small buildings on the land. I'm planning on having the start possition on water but close to land + the ore nodes on water but close to land so land units should be able to reach them but does anyone think empire will auto win on water based maps since they are the naval faction?
If so how can I improve the map, I can't really make the land bigger because then it wouldn't be the shape of wake island.

ip.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  475.14 KB
 Viewed:  14675 Time(s)

ip.jpg

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good shape, just as long as you make all 3 methods of attack useful then the's no reason the Japs should always win.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For ground warfare don't you think it's quite unfair on player three?

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe add some nice islands in the corners...

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is supposed to be a map of a real place, Phobonaut?

@Aro- If this is a 2v1 map, it would be challenge to 3, but this can be mitigated by giving P3 extra ore mines.

If this is intended to be FFA, than there really is no problem. Unless they want to cross Player 3 in a land/air battle, the battle between Player 1 and 2 would likely occur in the seas between them.

(or perhaps if there were more resources near three for grabs)

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cough Battlefeild 2142 cough

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn´t it supposed to be a bridge between the P2 island and the rest of the island Confused

DaFool wrote:
cough Battlefeild 2142 cough

200 years WRONG!!!! It´s Battlefield 1942

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Battlefiled...

The brilliant game about a clerk working in the Pentagon.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm, the map IS in bf2142...

I think you should connect the islands where the bridges are and make the bridges at the next thinnest piece of land, so the player isn't forced to build on the water. You could also make a starting position for a fourth player in the water.

Javier
My Rank Will Never Change

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A Naval War map.

MY MOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!11!!1!!1111!!!11!!!1

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not a bad start, but make the base area for player 1 bigger: because of the cliffs, you can't automaticly expand on the water without having to deploy a Sputnik/Prospector Wink Maybe the same for player 2 too...

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Liten wrote:
Isn´t it supposed to be a bridge between the P2 island and the rest of the island Confused

Work in progress?

Aro wrote:
For ground warfare don't you think it's quite unfair on player three?

I think I will make that area an expansion place with 2 ore nodes so it will then be a 1v1 map.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
hmmm, the map IS in bf2142...

It's also in

Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 and real maps! #Tongue

There isn't much to say about this map execpt that it's a nice idea.

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In Battlefield there was an airfield in the P3 startposition. Add a Airfield tech structure there, and some Oil Dericks along with Ore Nodes, and Ta-Daa, you got yourself a good map

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try to build a War Factory on the water for me and I'll not laugh.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now I'm thinking of it Terror: you could kick Player 3, put a nice city/airfield/expansion point there, and you would have a balanced map Smile

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
In Battlefield there was an airfield in the P3 startposition. Add a Airfield tech structure there, and some Oil Dericks along with Ore Nodes, and Ta-Daa, you got yourself a good map

Learn your history, Wake was invaded by the Japanese it world war two because of that airfield, they tried for weeks to capute the airfield but only after suicide-ramming two old destroyers full of troops onto the beach south of the airfield did they manage it.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any objections
and before anyone askes modled cliffs would look g@y on this map.

wip.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.69 MB
 Viewed:  14465 Time(s)

wip.jpg

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

K here it is, again.

Edit: minimap was missing a ramp, fixed it now.

wake.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  wake.zip
 Filesize:  717.36 KB
 Downloaded:  647 Time(s)

brownlitlle
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If this is intended to be FFA, than there really is no problem.
----------------------------
become taller

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon