Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:47 am
All times are UTC + 0
WIPs
Moderators: Gangster
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 11 [505 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While it may pretty much be breaking the original vision of RW being just rescaled Graphics for TS ported over to RA2/YR but will you be also making a Nod-Style Construction Yard?

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nod Tech Center and Temple of Nod look amazing now!

Be sure to backup all your files. Would be a shame to lose this masterpiece.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Making a dropbox account helps tons too for backups.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gdi refinery. wip

REFN3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  145.48 KB
 Viewed:  14490 Time(s)

REFN3.png

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very interesting, i like where this is going! Smile
Looking great so far!

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me gusta. Me very gusta. Smile

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm going to go with a very probable on the Nod-style Con-yard. The GDI refinery is looking great!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll be interested to see whether you can make the GDI Refinery match the other structures.  TS had pretty loose faction styles, but still.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

REFN4.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  196.21 KB
 Viewed:  14301 Time(s)

REFN4.png

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking good!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wicked. Now move on to the conyard. #Tongue

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only criticism I have about the GDI refinery is that curved structures seem to be slightly more on Nod's side. While GDI's buildings aren't cubic-like in a sense, they don't curve. GDI buildings seem to have angular turns instead of curved ones.

This, however, is a rather minor issue as the refinery is unmistakably GDI.

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the texture of the new refinery(GDI) is more dark... #Tongue

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's hard for me to comprehend how ignorant people sometimes could be. The structure is curved because it's based from a old concept art, of a refinery, which in fact, is probably GDI because the other one has many similarities with the Nod power plant and retro sci-fi style.

There is just no excuse, to say something like that, when there is a work going on of such pure quality.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You mean this one?

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has I see... Looks like soon we will have a new version to download... Very Happy

That's really good work! Keep going! Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vefbl4 wrote:
It's hard for me to comprehend how ignorant people sometimes could be. The structure is curved because it's based from a old concept art, of a refinery, which in fact, is probably GDI because the other one has many similarities with the Nod power plant and retro sci-fi style.

There is just no excuse, to say something like that, when there is a work going on of such pure quality.

How is it ignorant? It's an opinion, and a valid one, considering none of the other GDI structures share such curvy design. The concept drawing is from a very early phase in TS production, they tried different approaches with building designs to catch a futuristic feel.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not curvy but roundish shapes are common for GDI structures. Power plant was Nod design. Firestorm generator, repair and landing pads, EMP Cannon, storage silos, Tech centre's dome.

Refinery should not look out of place among all of that.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i prefer docking way to with same design to concept art. [if possible] :p

Hassan_2030
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you planned to make the nod tiberium silo from this concept too?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hassan_2030 wrote:
Have you planned to make the nod tiberium silo from this concept too?

While that would be interesting, the current Silo (which is also in TS) is also a Nod design. There is, however, a design for a factionless Silo for TS, but it doesn't look nearly as good. The current silo, with its team color support struts, is very much fitting Nod, and GDI could get another Silo, possibly one that looks similar to the one in TO.

As for the refinery having a circular design, it's really no problem, as most of other GDI buildings do have circular patterns on them (Radar, Tech Center, Power Plant, Repair Depot, Upgrade Center, and most notably, the Firestorm Defense Generator, which is completely circular). It looks amazing, but my only issue with it is the 4 grey pads at the top. Those have some weird rust on them, which looks awkward.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 wrote:
GDI could get another Silo, possibly one that looks similar to the one in TO.

i hope not

Silo's
The above WW nod concept silo is really nice, however its a bit of a dilemma as the current TS ingame silo used for both teams is definitely nod orientated in design and fits perfect with the now nod specific refinery design.

So i say go with this design or a variant of

GDI always keep things more functional and less flashy in design. Could make use of ares custom foundation logic if required (giving it same foundation as the TD silo). Although i think it could fit on a 2x2.
Nice angular design too which people seem to relate to GDI (although their overall style is quite open). But certainly more suited to GDI.

Last edited by SMIFFGIG on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Madin already made that model, maybe he'll help if you ask nicely? But I don't think that concept is suitable for GDI, something feels off about it.

Hassan_2030
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But there was another TS concept for a different GDI tiberium silo too.
And that was this one to be exact! I think it would be great to have those
two concept versions instead of the actual one!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The pyramid-silo would look so out of place next to the Nod refinery.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vefbl4 wrote:

I suppose I'm ignorant of early TS concept art, but unlike RA2 concept art, TS concept are isn't as talked about. So I really had no reason to think that it was from concept art, no need to be so pedantic about it.

I wasn't saying that his work was bad. It looks awesome and none of his structures are of poor quality. I was just stating that I thought it was a little misplaced. However, if it is a concept, then I say he shouldn't change it. I'd say it goes against what Rewire is to change designs that are from TS, aside from making faction variations.

@Gangster: I suppose you're right about that, but GDI tends to have more perfect circles. Geometrically wise, they aren't ovals or half curves. The Tech Center has a dome. The Power Plant is a cylinder, I'll admit this one is probably the most out of it in terms of my idea. The service depot's pad is circular but the sides are sort a set of angles. the EMP Cannon and silo are shared with Nod, so I can't really say much about them other than the EMP Cannon is definitely not really fitting but the Silo sort of does. The Firestorm generator is a little more curved then other GDI structures, but even the war factory has slight curves when changing angles. I guess my arguement hear would be, you're right about GDI having curves, but they're more circular or are small curves.

In the grand scheme of things, I just expect GDI structures to be more blocky than Nod's. Realistically it's so subtle and hard to argue over, so I'd say let's drop it since the your refinery is undoubtedly more GDI than the Nod one and is based on a concept.

EDIT: Looking at your recreations, I think I'm mistaking some of GDI's aesthetic. I still think that GDI has more circles than ovals, and the Firestorm Generator is very angular except for the actual generator which is circular and the GDI Power Plant is a tapered cylinder not a straight one, so it is basically equivalent to Nod's in terms of roundness. However, comparing the GDI Power Plant to Nod's is a matter of symmetry. In general, I see GDI structures as having more order to their design. Comparing your refinery to the Nod one is kind of odd because the GDI one has less symmetry. If you're design was symmetrical, the curves might still be a little odd but it would not as weird to me. However, again, it's a concept from TS and my criticism is hardly important.

As for the silo:
Crimsonum wrote:
The pyramid-silo would look so out of place next to the Nod refinery.

GDI could use a new one though I suppose, the concept that Hassan posted looks OK but a little close to the current one. It's probably be good for GDI if Nod had a different one as well. (I'll be honest, I'm not a real fan of the concept design, but that's me personally.)

In the end, it is essentially impossible to say any of your work "looks bad." The only criticism I can give is based on subtle aesthetics. So whatever you do for design will look fine realistically.

Last edited by Darkstorm on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
just posted about another possible alternative GDI Refinery
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=494384#494384

It's kind of hard to make out, but I can see the general design. It appears to be a more bulkier refinery than Nod's, a little more squared off. Actually what I would think of a GDI refinery TBH, but I can see why Gangster would go with the previous design seeing as he's already started and it is more clearly made out. That pulse cannon is a little odd though. (In terms of realistic design, it looks like the cannon would collapse on itself.)

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
You mean this one?

Yes, in fact, I do.

Quote:
How is it ignorant? It's an opinion, and a valid one, considering none of the other GDI structures share such curvy design. The concept drawing is from a very early phase in TS production, they tried different approaches with building designs to catch a futuristic feel.

It's the kind of ignorance I faced a lot in this community. Where people talk and complain a lot, but do too little. I know where it's from. Smile

Quote:
It looks amazing, but my only issue with it is the 4 grey pads at the top. Those have some weird rust on them, which looks awkward.

Agree.

Gangster, continue your amazing work. I am watching it. Smile

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was wondering, since you made the old Radar and apparently are planning on making the dropship bay, is there any chance we might see the GDI Command Center?

It's that structure to the left of the ConYard.

Here is a list of structures that would still have to be done:
Nod Tiberium Waste Facility
Nod Missile Silo
Nod Stealth Generator
Nod Helipad (Perhaps turn it into an airfield, like GDI's)
GDI Command Center
GDI Dropship Bay
Nod ConYard
GDI Tiberium Silo
Nod Pyramid
Mobile Stealth Generator (Deployed)
Mobile Sensor Array (Deployed)
Juggernaut (Deployed)
Mobile War Factory
Fist of Nod
CABAL Core
Montauk
Landed Kodiak
Crashed Kodiak

And here is a suggestion if you're ever feeling bored and want to do another building:

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's the old GDI Tech Center, clearly from the days of transition from RA. Just compare it and the Dropship Bay with the rest of the structures - these two are clearly washed out and the textures are bland.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
That's the old GDI Tech Center, clearly from the days of transition from RA. Just compare it and the Dropship Bay with the rest of the structures - these two are clearly washed out and the textures are bland.

Oh, I know. I was just suggesting he re-do it, given that the he remade the beta radar and is planning on remaking the Dropship Bay.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the GDI refinery could use some more hard edges and less curves, but that's just me

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, latest approach. I have tried to keep original form but took freedom to add some elements from myself, I guess I need to take a break from it for now. And start finishing Nod stuff. I ll try pyramidal silo.

REFN8.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  201.16 KB
 Viewed:  13798 Time(s)

REFN8.png

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it looks almost exactly like the refinery in Team Black signature which is funny since its right above.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not really.  But Gangster did do both of them, so it may be similarities in technique.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pyramid Silo? Do we really need it? You should rather do the Nod ConYard. #Tongue

Also, second GDI refinery looked better, but the texture on the new one is the best.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the latest iteration is the best so far. I like how the small block on the left side breaks the curvyness.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I liked the arm on the refinery's far side better in the previous iteration.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ConYards then. Well our current (and probably best) idea is restyle TS CY for each faction. Here is a draft sketch I did for my self. I will try work in that key.

cys.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  41.1 KB
 Viewed:  13743 Time(s)

cys.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe one of them, if not both, should have a reinforced door that opens when you build something.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
I liked the arm on the refinery's far side better in the previous iteration.

Something like this maybe then?

REFN9.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  201.5 KB
 Viewed:  13722 Time(s)

REFN9.png

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't like neither GDI, neither Nod construction yard. How about using dropship bay as GDI constuction yard. Of course, with some tweaking done, like adding a crane and a warehouse. And give the current construction yard to Nod?

And about the refinery, I like it more with two tiberium spheres.

dsdsds.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  166.31 KB
 Viewed:  13702 Time(s)

dsdsds.jpg

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The left GDI ConYard uses the Nod 'steel' texture rather than GDI's concrete [?] texture.
I'd say tweak that a bit, maybe add a logo on top as it's kinda plain.
The Nod ConYard looks better.

I don't see either why the Yards have to be changed dramatically, as they're from TS and that's what you're recreating for YR #Tongue .

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CYs should be unique just like you're doing it for other shared structures. As I said before, this is YR, you don't have to stick to the limits WW set in TS. There is no reason for the sides to have CYs that share 80% of elements either..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Hassan_2030
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have an idea for GDI conyard! If you take a look at the pic below, then
you could see a scene from the old tiberian wars trailer which shows an GDI
conyard in the background that could be a mix of TS and TW designs. I think
this could be an alternativ!

cnst.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  432.25 KB
 Viewed:  13663 Time(s)

cnst.PNG

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think Hassan's idea is worth to consider. After all, that trailer had plenty of stuff left over from TS (for example the Component Towers). It also looks very GDI.

I wouldn't turn the Dropship Bay into a CY if there's even a slim chance the DBay could make it into ReWire. I would use it as a secondary WF where you could order huge units that won't fit into the regular WF - mostly just Juggernauts and MMKII.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't see why it shouldn't be shared design. It is canon more or less. GDI borrowed refinery tech from Nod in TD, Nod took MCV tech form GDI. EVA sharing (stealing in FS). And well, yeah, I personaly, have got used to classic TS warehouse shape. Yes I have agreed that shared refinery doesnt fit GDI, but CY is complete different story.
I can do both unique but I won't. Maybe later. After r1.0. Example models and enviroment are shared with public in case if some one willing to a job for himself.

gdicy3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  178.44 KB
 Viewed:  13512 Time(s)

gdicy3.png

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, I don't think they should be shared. But the GDI ConYard does look nice, and I alway assumed found thee default ConYard looked very GDI.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the TS style CYs.  Gangster's ones look good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 11 [505 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon