Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am
All times are UTC + 0
WIPs
Moderators: Gangster
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 8 of 11 [505 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, Barrels do not tilt nor do Turrets recoil in RA2/YR Except on the Grand Cannon being the only one but yes, Angled Tilting doesn't exist.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, I also think that is the case. Only FireAngle is in. GC uses HVA anim.
Crimsonum wrote:
Gangster, there is at least a 3ds-to-vxl conversion tool somewhere, I've seen it produce very good results.
Really? Because the 3ds2vxl ViPr made and included in VXLSE for a while now does not. Textures turn out to be a mess and shapes turn out dithered. You need to fix those for your voxel to call it decent first always.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nod basic defense views.

also

tomsons26lv's texturing progress on mission only stuff. WIP.
models by DonutArnold and katzsmile.

def test.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  168.79 KB
 Viewed:  13946 Time(s)

def test.png

pirdam.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.29 KB
 Viewed:  13946 Time(s)

pirdam.png

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

all looking really nice, but as you know i always have something to complain about #Tongue
but just some tiny things
-the red/white checkered base on the Nod sam isn't looking that nice (red yellow maybe, or only red on grey concrete)
-brick texture on the dam is too big. It makes the dam look rather small. 1/4th the size of the brick texture would be better imo.
-i fear you get some trouble when you want the fine/thin cables of the laser turret ingame. They are only visible here due to AA against background which you can't have later and then such a thin cable could end up in a disconnected row of pixel.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Katz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

something in progress

harv_mockup.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  98.13 KB
 Viewed:  13904 Time(s)

harv_mockup.png

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where's that Harvester concept from?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work,  though I prefer black and yellow stripes on the SAM.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
all looking really nice, but as you know i always have something to complain about #Tongue
but just some tiny things
-the red/white checkered base on the Nod sam isn't looking that nice (red yellow maybe, or only red on grey concrete)
-brick texture on the dam is too big. It makes the dam look rather small. 1/4th the size of the brick texture would be better imo.
-i fear you get some trouble when you want the fine/thin cables of the laser turret ingame. They are only visible here due to AA against background which you can't have later and then such a thin cable could end up in a disconnected row of pixel.

I know someone else who needs to do some Nod building work. Wink #Tongue

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 wrote:
Where's that Harvester concept from?

My image archive   Razz  Mr. Green
Scratch that, it seems i have overlooked it or accidentally deleted it from the online archive
tiberian.com, linked Gangster to it on Skype as soon as i found it.
Will re-add it and check for any other missing images

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
I know someone else who needs to do some Nod building work. Wink #Tongue

aaargh. why me!?
Perfectionism takes time #Tongue

Public SHPs

Tools

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pyramid looks kinda too "stone-ish"

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, can you imagine this pyramid in Egipt and you standing next to it?

That would be creepy.  Shocked

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:
Wow, can you imagine this pyramid in Egipt and you standing next to it?

That would be creepy.  Shocked

That would be actually a very cool promotion action. Shouldn't be too hard to put some fine dark sheets over the pyramid, similar to how Christo covered the Reichstag building. They just have to make sure the pyramid doesn't takes any damage from this action, but it's not impossible.

Public SHPs

Tools

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like these. It's nice to see that my models have been put to a good use. Smile

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice... EMP cannon especially is very good and shp turret is very much preferred.

Laser turret could do without the wires as they will end up looking singular pixels anyhow and the Nod SAM base really needs rethinking, the white is bad, maybe solid black in place of white would do if wanna keep the orangey lines there.

If not the TS approach which unfortunately also looks GDIish.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kane's pyramide.

katz, toms.

pyra334.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  53.18 KB
 Viewed:  13486 Time(s)

pyra334.png

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's better!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good, but very small if you aim for accuracy. I once compared the size of the Kodiak wreckage with the FS intro FMV where you see it next to the pyramid, and concluded that the Pyramid would roughly have a size of 16x16 cells. While of course you can't have a single building so large, you could break it into pieces like Westwood did with the Egyptian pyramid in YR. And why not have a gigantic pyramid when you're only going to see it in one mission anyway? Aaaand it's supposed to house a rocket capable of transforming the entire planet. That one can't be very small eh?

Two other small things. The Nod logos are too big, and the dark walls should reach higher on the sides (see my draft quick).

Note that the pyramid in TS was actually Hassan's, which was probably meant to be a lot smaller than Kane's.

ntpyra_16x16_cells.PNG
 Description:
Basically the pyramid would be this big in TS scale (even bigger in RA2 scale)
 Filesize:  19.15 KB
 Viewed:  13471 Time(s)

ntpyra_16x16_cells.PNG

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
While of course you can't have a single building so large

He actually can. Ares.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS had in the last campaign missions the Nod Pyramid as well and this was only 4x4 too.

Public SHPs

Tools

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
TS had in the last campaign missions the Nod Pyramid as well and this was only 4x4 too.

Yeah but that pyramid looks nothing like the pyramid in the FMVs, which lead me to think it's a different building after all. Also, the reason it was so small was probably because of TS's building size limitations - just look at how small the Kodiak is in GDI mission 11 in TS and compare that to the Kodiak wreckage in FS. The wreckage is much more accurate to the FMVs.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If WW wanted, they could have made a bigger pyramid. Either by adding a bigger foundation or by combining 4 small buildings into one big.

Public SHPs

Tools

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The campaign was done map by map so that the last missions are the last ones completed. You can tell this by how their quality blatantly degrades as you proceed through the campaign. They could've easily left the pyramid out because of time restrictions, or the map had already been made before they considered making a second pyramid building. Or they just didn't give a damn like with many others things (i.e. Kremlin in RA2. That shit is inaccurate by all standards.)

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

painting stuff

Untitled-226.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  61.06 KB
 Viewed:  13293 Time(s)

Untitled-226.png

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really awesome looking and the detail is truly excellent.

Wolven
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very pretty.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sexy stuff right there !

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is definitely great work!

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Impressive.

Top right one doesn't give 3d look, either due to lack of shadows, or it could take more contrast or
its bottom could be darker than the top.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reminds me... is the Tiberium Tree/Tiberium gonna be less cartoonish in Rewire? I'm guessing the answer is gonna be obviously yes though.

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Yea, I also think that is the case. Only FireAngle is in. GC uses HVA anim.
Crimsonum wrote:
Gangster, there is at least a 3ds-to-vxl conversion tool somewhere, I've seen it produce very good results.
Really? Because the 3ds2vxl ViPr made and included in VXLSE for a while now does not. Textures turn out to be a mess and shapes turn out dithered. You need to fix those for your voxel to call it decent first always.

Can you elaborate on what you said here? Is there a problem with my specific program or voxelization in general? Are you sure the flaws are in my software and not in the software of other people such as the voxel editors and the games?

I don't think you are using the word "dithered" correctly. Personally, I hate dithering so much and I avoid it.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For your technical terms: I consider the voxelization process subpar compared to the handmade textures-shapes people did. The flaws are not from the software used but more of the principle: quantalization will never be as good as something exactly done with the voxelling limits in mind.

Oh and sometimes 3ds2vxl actually does dither colors, but that's caused by the close brown shades of the default palette (or grey, dependant of the colors themselves).

=======================

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

more alien wild life.

also

toms' wip models preview

IMG_20042014_194030.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.44 KB
 Viewed:  13043 Time(s)

IMG_20042014_194030.png

IMG_21042014_224936.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  53.35 KB
 Viewed:  13043 Time(s)

IMG_21042014_224936.png

tiber3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.07 KB
 Viewed:  13049 Time(s)

tiber3.png

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that Vega pyramid is fantastic !

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

love the tib trees and all the fonas, its nice to see them have depth. :3

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
For your technical terms: I consider the voxelization process subpar compared to the handmade textures-shapes people did. The flaws are not from the software used but more of the principle: quantalization will never be as good as something exactly done with the voxelling limits in mind.

Oh and sometimes 3ds2vxl actually does dither colors, but that's caused by the close brown shades of the default palette (or grey, dependant of the colors themselves).

I think you are talking about a problem that occurs with any kind of sampling. Direct pixel or voxel art can be made in such a way that every detail perfectly aligns with pixels or voxels for extremely crisp detail. That perfect alignment is extremely unlikely to happen when things are located at arbitrary positions and sampled at unrelatedly arbitrary interval spacings.

About the dithering, I don't know about that. I'm assuming it could happen due to precision errors. I think most of the time it's happening when the colors are so similar to each other that it is not noticeable.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very nice Fona.
It could use a bit more contrast though. The colors look a bit washed out imo.
Attached an example with a few quick adjustments done in IrfanView (contrast could be now already too strong).

tiber3_176.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  92.07 KB
 Viewed:  12966 Time(s)

tiber3_176.png

Public SHPs

Tools

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The bottom right 6 fonas looks weird and unappealing to me. Rest of it looks very cool and nice.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those are still WIP...

So they really are just painted. I was wondering why they have a soft hue to them.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#FONAs2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.65 KB
 Viewed:  12759 Time(s)

#FONAs2.png

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really great work gangster

I think your version of this
https://picasaweb.google.com/113361105083292812413/TiberianSunAndFirestorm?noredirect=1#5975905721862495906
Could do with being a bit grittier+more contrast

Your version of this
https://picasaweb.google.com/113361105083292812413/TiberianSunAndFirestorm?noredirect=1#5919133189213530674
I think would look good with some subtle transparency on the inner green section (as demostrated in the concept art) and also the top/bottom brown bits being darker

Latest tib trees seem quite fat and not sure about the texture bump
https://picasaweb.google.com/113361105083292812413/TiberianSunAndFirestorm?noredirect=1#5975899873449746610

Thats just my critique. And I am being overly critical because your work is great.

Just a question

So are you going with a more TD style Tiberium and Tiberium tree for Rewire as shown above?

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

> So are you going with a more TD style Tiberium and Tiberium tree for Rewire as shown above?

If by "more TD style" you mean better detailed -  yes. There is no any concept art of TS era blossom trees so I assumed it same as in TD. I made few types of those for different type of hosts. Thin - for pines trees, for example. Fat one is for baobab or oak, curved for palms maybe.
As for tiberium, is still uncertain which type I like. TD is feels canonic, but TS type have a lot larger crystals, which I also like. It looks.. hm... rich.

As for colors, contrast, opacity, and everything else. Stuff have being carefully balanced. Last time I checked it looked fine comparing to other RW environment. Perhaps it worth editing, perhaps it is not.

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you are looking for photos to model after, have a look at the surroundings of the old Westwood Studios office in Las Vegas. We were recently visited by an ex-employee of WW in IRC and he told us they added their favorite chicken diner from around the corner into the game http://www.farmbasketchicken.com/loc_wc.htm Smile

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a test for the sake of testing.
oh and COOKIES!
Doing 20 shps of them with growth anims, I dunno :\

tibg.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.07 KB
 Viewed:  11464 Time(s)

tibg.png

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'd suggest using hair modifier if you're going for the left most tiberium.

these are all made with hair modifier.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The left is default TS tib, ImP. #Tongue

=======================

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ImP_RuLz wrote:
i'd suggest using hair modifier if you're going for the left most tiberium.

these are all made with hair modifier.

These are made with Blender, I assume, and I believe that Blender's hair modifier will provide a powerful and fast way to create tiberium.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally with Tiberium I'd rather the pods be much less visible than they are in Tomsons post above. The ones shown by ImP are what I think is ideal. Smile

Edit: Well, not EXACTLY ideal, there should be a bit of pod visible rather than just Tiberium, but nowhere near as much pod as shown in Tomsons examples.

Last edited by Aro on Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pods are love, pods are life.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Am I the only person who doesn't see white on the NOD SAM site? It's grey for me... with red stripes. (monitor calibration perhaps)

Aro wrote:
Personally with Tiberium I'd rather the pods be much less visible than they are in Tomsons post above. The ones shown by ImP are what I think is ideal. Smile

IMO they all look kinda crap, the pod makes it look cartoonish and un-realistic (yeah, I know sci-fi), but Tiberium would look cool if it was bursting out of the earth with some cracks around it, kinda like in Starcraft, except smaller scale of course.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 8 of 11 [505 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon