Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:38 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Question about W3D model
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ZER0-F0RCE
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject:  Question about W3D model Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys,I need help with something.

I found a W3D model of an american nuclear missile,and I wanted to use it in my mod,but the problem is it has the same name as the original nuke from china,and it's ABNukeMissile.w3d

Now,I tried to simply change the name of the file to ABNukeMissile2.w3d,but when I get in game there's no model for my missile.
So,how can I change the name of the w3d model,and have it work?
What program should I use? (I tried both Gmax 1.2 and renx w3d viewer,but in neither one I managed to rename the file,the Gmax didn't even want to open it)
Help peeps!I need to know this since there's alot of models I want to use which would replace the original ones unless I change their name.

ruby92
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, do not use the rename feature dude, you have to import in renX and export it out called ABNukeMissile2.w3d

DO NOT, i tell you, DO NOT use the rename to change the name for W3D stuff.

Bunker Busters!

ZER0-F0RCE
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ruby92 wrote:
lol, do not use the rename feature dude, you have to import in renX and export it out called ABNukeMissile2.w3d

DO NOT, i tell you, DO NOT use the rename to change the name for W3D stuff.

Ok man,I'll try with renx,again Smile But I'll read the tutorial this time Wink

ruby92
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wat tutorial? mine is for modelling, not modding

Bunker Busters!

ZER0-F0RCE
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look man,I just need to know one simple thing:
How to get my ABNukeMissile.w3d model into that renx program,change its name to ABNukeMissile2 and export it as ABNukeMissile.w3d model???
I tried to open the w3d model in renx (with gmax installed,offcourse),but it can't open it (doesnt support that file) I also tried W3D wiever that installs with renx,I oppened my model,but I can't save it!
So please just give me a hint how to do this.It's simple isn't it? Smile

ruby92
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL! get the W3D import plugin! you need someone to teach you about modding, i'm not that good, but i know the basics of it Very Happy

So first you need the W3D importer plugin(google is ur friend Very Happy) then import in the model, RenX itself has a W3d exporter, then export it out( not save, EXPORT!!!!) rmb to Export it to ABNukeMissile2.W3D !!! and NEVER use "rename" to rename ur models.

well if you need any help with modding cnc gen you can add me in my MsN, go see it in my profile. Like i said : i dunno alot, but i know the basics.

Bunker Busters!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For some more advanced Generals modding I'm always available Wink I'm busy with models too lately.

ZER0-F0RCE
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fu^^ing plugin! Smile I knew I was missing something,but I didnt know what Smile
Thanx alot guys!I really need to rename these models,since the original ones aren't working fine.
Cheers!

ruby92
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sure, if you got any questions, feel free to ask me or that guy above Very Happy

Bunker Busters!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon