Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:14 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Army, January 12th
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [94 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject:  Army, January 12th Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello guys, had fun doing stuff with you guys, but me joining army doesn't mean I'll abandon C&C modding and my current game project. I'll will get back to those after I've spent 6-12 months of my life there. Sometimes I'll drop by at PPM and give some boot to the spam and post some comments, but I really can't do much assests for the mods. I'll upload all the assests I've done to mods' ftp and hope someone will continue working on them.

2 days till 12th day...

Last edited by DonutArnold on Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:54 pm; edited 3 times in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Onnea ja menestystä sinne sitten.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good luck soldier #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good luck, buddy Smile. Does Finland army helps other armies on Iraq? (I hope not)

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good luck. take care. don't give up.

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*Salutes* Maybe you'll get some inspiration for that... #Tongue

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Good luck, buddy Smile. Does Finland army helps other armies on Iraq? (I hope not)

I'm not sure, probably no.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you joining the army, or are you conscripted?

Either way, looking forward till you return. I hope it's not too bad in the army ...

Team SomeGuy
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...quite unfortunate. I bear the same fate, it seems.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is sad. Well... at least it could for as small as one year. Remember to run away to the places with the internet, you hear.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We got conscription here in Norway too, but escaping it isn't too hard; any medical issue will get you free (if you're a little deaf, you won't be forced to go). It's also possible to do civil service for a year, working somewhere else.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

riendeer calvalry?

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
reindeer calvalry?

No, you are thinking of the Canadians #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:
Banshee wrote:

I'm not sure, probably no.

No, only volunteer Peacekeeper forces are sent there and Afganistan, IIRC.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crash wrote:
We got conscription here in Norway too, but escaping it isn't too hard; any medical issue will get you free (if you're a little deaf, you won't be forced to go). It's also possible to do civil service for a year, working somewhere else.

Same stuff in Finland too. #Tongue

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, farewell and have a nice military service.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought Finland didn't have an army... that it only produced cheap alcohol and black metal cds... Very Happy

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good luck, If you're as good a moderator as you are a soldier I hope you aren't given grenades. #Tongue

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, don't be late to report for daily drilling, get sentry duty or something like that. We need your existence to continue TFTD #Tongue

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team SomeGuy wrote:
Finland like Israel has national conscription for all 18 year old men.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland#Military

And like Romania too.But there,it says masculine conscription,here there was also feminine conscription.

But 2 years ago,conscription has been eliminated.But still,is a pretty good source of money for some.I personally,don't want to go there,simply because I don't have the energy to go to war.I got the muscles,I climbed mountains,but I simply don't want to help my country.TBH I'm not nationalistic at all.Sometimes I consider it a stupidity,which leads to wars.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its also the stupidity which kept us from falling to Soviet Union's oppression of 50 years.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well,western stupidity in any case...

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finish heavy bomber

Sorry, I just had too.

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll serve my country and its people any day. I plan on joining the military however i have to wait awhile for right now i'm too young

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

Last edited by Biohazard on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I live in the Netherlands, and no, it's not that bad over here, but I would never ever fight or die for my country. I am not exactly very satisfied with all the crap our government is on about at the moment. There's no conscription here though... Luckily...

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:
But still,is a pretty good source of money for some.I personally,don't want to go there,simply because I don't have the energy to go to war.I got the muscles,I climbed mountains,but I simply don't want to help my country.TBH I'm not nationalistic at all.Sometimes I consider it a stupidity,which leads to wars.

Meh, same. War seems to be so pointless.

Deformat wrote:
But 2 years ago,conscription has been eliminated.

Good that its being eliminated, IMO there should be no conscription, and everyone should have the right to choose.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Take care Donut, stay safe. We'll await your return. Smile

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:

But 2 years ago,conscription has been eliminated.

You lucky... gah.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Godspeed, Donut

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I managed to get rid of the conscription here thanks to my eye glasses and the luck of being called when the govern was cutting funds from the army #Tongue..

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

conscription is a form of slavery.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do your country proud, but most of all be safe Smile

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just be safe, do your job right, get promoted, make some money, get out, make babies, and get on with life.

Good luck, soldier. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's 2 years conscription has been cancelled here, too. Professional army is full of patriots (should be) and mercenaries (rather material valuables than humanity values), at least here. It's nice, they build schools in Afghanistan, but even the soviets "burned" there with their large army.

I wish you to survive green-brained brass hats without any after-effects. Wink

I wouldn't want to fight for country I live in, because I hate most of the politicians here.

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crying or Very sad gl my friend

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, why the hell these days goes so fast!? Laughing

Thanks for everyone for posting in this thread, and it's 2 days till January 12th...

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry Donut,I forgot.

Good luck there,buddy.I hope we're going to see you alive(my father has been conscripted,he told me that once an idiot was close to kill him...)

But,good luck,I don't think these things happen there.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wouldn't join the army as a grunt, but I personally wouldn't dismiss a chance to play some Command & Conquer in real life...

...or Defcon, if the shit hits the fan. Very Happy

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So... TFTD is in full haitus, then?

Also, I wonder if they have any internet-caffes close to where you will be sent to.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good luck, DonutArnold. Kill lots of people, but safety first; make sure someone's got your 6, at least.

Imagine being a Commando... no one covering your 6.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Last edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, but you get to shoot left handed

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good luck,DonutArnold we'll wait for you come back. in my country still have 2 year conscription.

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
yeah, but you get to shoot left handed

don't forget C4 #Tongue

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And when your commander selects you to attack, shout 'I got a present for ya!'

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude, Donut, you should totally chomp some Cigars.

Soldier: "Care for a smoke- aw, you lucky bastard."

You: "Thats right, son. Thanks to this baby, I've got TWO smoke grenades handy, err... mouthy, now. HAAA!"

Soldier: "Gee, golly, sir!"

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now I go, see ya guys in 2-3 weeks...

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

peace Donut.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Survive, make your time.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, just checking stuff at army's pc. Unfortunately I don't have much time to check topics nor do moderator's job at the moment. Next weekend is time for some vacation from army so I might spend some more time checking forums and maybe some work for my game project, but I can't promise much.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!