Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Project Omega~AOD
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject:  Project Omega~AOD Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is my new map,
Note - You Must have at least 2 human players to play
Max Human Players : 5
Max Computer Players :1

Please Note that Computer player is required to be placed in the Top Space of the mini-map

Its an AOD Based on the unit Yuriko Omega,
I started this map before Chrismas and the Expantion Uprising was anouced.

During this AOD you will have an intro which will Explain the main Objectives, but for those who are reading this will get a heads up.
You start with a Yuriko, nothing more, nothing less.

If you have a max of 5 players then your whole team will have more overall waves to defeat, but this adds to the challenge.

The AI scripted System is complex because,

for starters it doesn't use a direct targeting system.

It Spawn waves only based on the number of yurikos Left alive on field.

And also removes extra units to prevent an overwhelm of waves during the death of your co-commanders.

Each Wave is considered for each yuriko,
for the number of units spawned, the yuriko would be able to take on the wave spawned for it, however the more yurikos/players on field will make it a team effort,
as you need to help Players who have other Players waves attacking them

Through out the Match your will have 5 waves, Composed of different units which spawn through-out, on occation a random team may pop up to add a challenge factor,
keeping the Waves from being the same,
which normaly can end up to be really repeative and boring,
this is based on players rather than waves themselves so if you had a team commander whos in a Spot with a random team asigned to them.
Then they will cause the scripts to Spawn a random team, this changes the chances a player has of being hit at anytime by a random team, adding to the fun.

The Waves themselves can be hard to take on,
so through-out the map are riddles, solve these riddles and expect to find rewards.
These rewards are different and set out to be ether be founded if your unit gets close to them or kills enough enemies,
you can find riddles through-out the warfog due to them being boxes located on a building, if you solve the riddle they will dissapper, this will also occur if you destroy the building.

You may want to look out for your allies as extra help can really save the match, if you are on your own then the mission fails as you are required to keep at least 2 yurikos alive.

Should your Die or Finish Successfully the map, your will enter a cut scene Where the status of your Postion Reflects the out-come.

Mini map:

Layout:
Top player space: AI/Computer only
Lower player spaces: Human only - Same team

This map may get an update

Have Problems with map?
Private Message me

[Vista Users]
To Install Map find your Local user area then Find Application Data
, Application Data is hidden By default so ask your Local administor to allow You access to this folder, Follow This route then
Roaming/Red Alert 3/Maps
which is found through this [Drive installed]:\Users\[Your acount]\AppData\Roaming\Red Alert 3\Maps
click and drag the folder from the zip file to your Maps folder,
Then load the game up and play Razz

If you are an Administor for your machine simply go to Microsoft help type in hidden Files and then click the Instructions to allow yourself access to app data(a Hidden File).

*New*
Screen Shots:

Project_Omega-AOD~Tiberian_fiend.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Project_Omega-AOD~Tiberian_fiend.zip
 Filesize:  244.43 KB
 Downloaded:  2129 Time(s)

Last edited by TiberianFiend on Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Existor
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Before Uprising... Razz

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Existor wrote:
Before Uprising... Razz

yea the (not so hidden) theme was that yurikos were created from the sw blast(not that they were cloned XD).
so due to schools being main targets your starting point was a school, or whats left of one.

Before I started this I had no idea about the 5 yurikos already inside the japan SW - Kinda Ironic.

sorry about the link from C&C also XD.
It bugged me when I tried to see if anyone had commented on this due to PPM not conecting properly.

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It´s good to se AOD maps up (My favorite maps XD), but i didn´t suspect anything like this... Might be fun to play something like this instead of the original versions of AOD #Tongue

P.S Screenies Please

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Liten wrote:
It´s good to se AOD maps up (My favorite maps XD), but i didn´t suspect anything like this... Might be fun to play something like this instead of the original versions of AOD #Tongue

P.S Screenies Please

Screenie is the weird ass poster but i'm not shure how soon i'll be able to get you some new ones.
the difference in this is the random team factor and riddles.
also the skills to use yuriko to help your teammates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon