Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:20 am
All times are UTC + 0
How to survive the Zombie Apocolypse
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 4 [192 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next

Do you think the zombie apocolypse will hit?
yes
35%
 35%  [ 18 ]
no
17%
 17%  [ 9 ]
DrKyle1357 your insane and need medical attention for fixating over zombies
47%
 47%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 51

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EVA-251 wrote:
You guys do understand that in a zombie-apocalypse situation, that well over 75% of you would not even be in a position of readiness when it hits? There won't be some convenient countdown that will tell you it's here. You say you'll run down to X location and grab Y weapon with ammunition to spare, get on Z vehicle and get to the most uber hideout in the world, without a hitch.

You'll wake up, find your dad or somebody from next door moaning at your door. Or, even better, you'll wake up to the warm, stinking breath of some zombie who just stumbled into your room. GG no re.

Even if you survive-
Chances are that X location was looted by 200 other people before you, that there may be just ONE of Y weapon still there and likely no ammo left. Z vehicle would get stuck in traffic, and that uber hideout? Probably already has a bunch of crazed survivors already there.

Going to America, think the gun-nuts of the South will protect you? These "rednecks" will already have their houses, towns barricaded for the most part (if they are still alive), and will likely be shooting anybody that comes to close to said barricades. They are going to put the needs of their family and friends way over those of outsiders, especially foreigners.

And that is assuming the US Airforce does not shoot your plane down, as the borders would be closed, and that there are not infected people on the plane. (not everybody is going to be brainlessly selfless, they'll hide their bite marks)
Imaginably, nothing would be worse than being stuck on a plane with zombies. People won't have the wit to simply to push them off the plane. (that would also be extremely high risk)

And all of that is assuming you can get to an airfield to get on a bloody plane. Think of the 9001 factors you'd have to somehow bypass to get there. Traffic, firefights, rioters, zeds, fleeing survivors, fire, military, just a few examples.

So with that rant done, I'll outline my way to survive, should evac be impossible.
>Fortify my position. In that case, my dorm room. Placing the beds against the windows upon hearing word of the infection being in the immediate area. The doors to the bathroom and hall can be locked.

Rationing meals to 1 or 2 per day, I have enough ramen noodles, canned soup and assorted foods to last a month.

Provided the power, internet and water stays on, I would probably communicate with my family (if they were still alive) and hold out for the military to arrive.

(Selfridge Air National Guard base is not too far north)

OR
Obviously being Jesus, I somehow manage to avoid the shitstorms engulfing the highways, cities, towns (just about everywhere), get to a gun shop, get an M4 with A LOT OF AMMO (because there will still be one JUST for me!). Then I would hook up with the military, pimpin around in an Abrams Tank with infinite fuel and blow zombies away with the machine gun (obviously they would let a civvy do that), and using my katana to kill 25 zombies in a single slice when the machine gun doesn't work.

Lastly, I would feel bad for Europe in the event of a zombie-apocalypse. You guys have to depend on the military and police to stop the zeds for the most part.

Tell me, in what zombie fiction does the military, let alone the police accomplish ANYTHING against the zeds in the initial outbreaks? The US Military is mostly overseas right now.

all of that does not apply to me. Smile
I am in a position where i have instant access to thousands of weapons and trillions of rounds of ammunition. Fort hood, when garrisoned up, is a fortress.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

daTS wrote:

all of that does not apply to me. Smile
I am in a position where i have instant access to thousands of weapons and trillions of rounds of ammunition. Fort hood, when garrisoned up, is a fortress.

Translation: Lucky bastard.

DrKyle1357
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm screwed, I live in downtown Spokane. if I can get out of the city I should be good; Washington's a freakin lifeless wasteland.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suppose places like Manhattan, Fort Knox, Norfolk Shipyard, Silicon Valley, the Golden Gate Bridge, the White House, Cheyenne mountain, Oklahoma and such would be havens for survivors in the US.

Too bad in games you don't even see the military decimate a bunch of zombies while recovering you or other survivors. Maybe when a ZA occurs the human race will actually be unified...not.

I'll bet China will be the worst zombified country. Period.

If human bodies cannot survive falling from the 10th floor, break through steel doors, lift cars, survive a shotgun blast without flak jackets, I don't see how a zombie can.

No, no mutations. Even if they don't feel pain, if their bones are broken they cannot move. Bones don't regenerate completely in a few seconds either.

On the other hand...in a country like Singapore where we're practically a concrete garden and bant guns, I expect to see lots of scary urban zombies #Tongue

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I live in the desert.... Soooo.... No worrying about traffic. We could drive for days straight and never get stuck somewhere.

Also, I would think we could all try and make it to Easter Island. #Tongue Fortify the island, and Yurify the heads like in YR. Very Happy

Chrono Crusade
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How to survive a Zombie Apocalypse... (You spelt Apocolypse ...)
In Singapore, I'd bet that Zombies will be lazy doing nothing... You know, a couch potato...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
MT
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scorched Earth wrote:

Also, I would think we could all try and make it to Easter Island. #Tongue Fortify the island, and Yurify the heads like in YR. Very Happy

Awesome man, then blast those zombies with the GENETIC MUTATOR!
Our brutes vs. zombie brutes, and our virus vs. zombie virus, the untouchable-by-zombies floating DISK, and best of all the moon fortress! Very Happy

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chrono Crusade wrote:
In Singapore, I'd bet that Zombies will be lazy doing nothing... You know, a couch potato...

Yep, you've described it properly. Just don't go off setting off the cars and banks because we'll go peeking what's happening.

Easter Island, eh? Hmm...well. I'll clearly be on Hawaii, or Pearl Habour, at least.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No mushroom collecting due to zombie wild-boars or zombie homelessness... #Tongue

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New Zealand would be in trouble.
Zombie Sheep and Zombie Cows! They'd outnumber us by MILLIONS!

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MT wrote:
..., and best of all the moon fortress! Very Happy

My favorite base.
Especially in a zombie outbreak. #Tongue

Javier
My Rank Will Never Change

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would be easy to escape from zombies if Jetpack was invented.

MY MOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!11!!1!!1111!!!11!!!1

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For destroy zumbies, we need to explode our universe and go to other place! Smile

DrKyle1357
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...unless zombies had jetpacks too. They probably couldn't use them though.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you really just post that?

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

DrKyle1357
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whoa...oops didn't see that. sorry.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess as long as we're talking about impossible things, we may as well say the "what if" for zombies with jetpacks trying to fly around! #Tongue

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

MT
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then I'd suppose us non-infected out to get our selves some Apaches #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Naw, lets try the Halo anti-infection protocal. Kill everything that can be infected.

DrKyle1357
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sounds good, got the index?

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...or we could just kill ourselves if we can't be bothered with such trivial stuff.

Find a supermart and fortify it. Or best, follow in daTS's footsteps.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So if he gets eaten you're gonna get eaten too?

I'm sticking with my YR Easter Island head idea.

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Daz wrote:
There are two copies of this in our house so I'm fine.

Oww, beat me to it. I own a copy, myself Smile .

Javier wrote:
I would be easy to escape from zombies if Jetpack was invented.

They exist. The one James Bond used in one of his movies was a real working model. A test pilot from the company that made it flew the thing in place of JB's stunt actor.

And this village that likes to think it's a town sits in a good hunting zone so everyone and their mum is packing something that goes boom. Rolling Eyes

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What we need is this:

Just drive while filling those undead sonofabitchas with a lot of lead until you get to a save place like an operational military camp with survivors in it.That rig could also carry a large amount of people too but turning it into a battle fortress may take some time...

Meh, I would just jack a car(an 18-wheeler or a combine harvester would be better)and go around driving like a madman,running over them while yelling,"DIE FREAKING MOTHERF**KERS!!!!!"

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And when you run out of fuel you'll be eaten alive. I'm grabbing food and counting on the fact zombification f*cks your nervours system and makes you slow to outrun them and get to RAF odiham, either that or I'm gonna go down one of my local petrol stations and take some of the lifeless scum with me.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well if thats the case then drive...A DEMO TRUCK! Laughing If you run out of fuel and there is no way of escaping and your getting overwhelmed with tons of them,then just hit the magic button and yell,"I AM PREPARED TO DIE!!!"

"mushroom cloud and nuclear radiation after the blast"

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally I'd just hide behind a load of sharp razor wire and watch them tear themselves to pieces on it. Thinking or razor wire I could just go to AWE aldermaston (about 5 minutes away on foot). They've got MOD police with MP5s, several layers of perrimeter fencing with subdividers inside and the usual security cameras everywhere.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
Personally I'd just hide behind a load of sharp razor wire and watch them tear themselves to pieces on it. Thinking or razor wire I could just go to AWE aldermaston (about 5 minutes away on foot). They've got MOD police with MP5s, several layers of perrimeter fencing with subdividers inside and the usual security cameras everywhere.

Pssh, you know the cliches. Police <<<<<< Zombies.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cliches =x= fact
Anyways if they're all deaqt that means more SMGs and 9mm ammo for me. Solves your dilemma of there being none left/available.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another idea I thought off...this:

The chemicals will dissolve any organic material quickly and easily.Those zombies would already be a pool of green goon if your wearing this suit.

But if this Desolator is not very useful,then maybe the RA2 Desolator suit would help.

"Uses nuclear radiation ability and melt all those brainless fools" Twisted Evil

St0rm
Laser Commando

Location: eating cheese sticks at my new laptop, getting constipated

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
DrKyle1357 your insane and need medical attention for fixating over zombies

Yes you pretty much are especially if your staning inside Godzilla's mouth drinking soda

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yesterday I was watching the 28 days later, it was about infection which killed millions of Brits, turning main Britain island into uninhabited land, just with hordes of slowly dying zombies (aka "the infected").

This infection turned the victim into zombie just in some 10-20 seconds, this zombie had red eyes and was vomitting highly contagious blood (if this got into your wound or eye, you would be infected)...

Several people remained healthy, but they had to hide, fight and run from zombies (which could run pretty fast).
Some of them were some soldiers which settled small base around some big house in the countryside near (burning) Manchester (they were killed in the end by main hero for trying to rape one black babe and immature girl and those 3 were rescued in the final end).

This base consisted of walls around this old house, razor wires, mine field on the outer lawn...

In this case I would hide somewhere on the countryside, have some garden with some chickens and rabbits in cages (only primates could get the illness), some bunker, some axe, some stolen food from supermarkets, some petrol, alcohol, eventually machete, pole or rifle (model 58 or worse AK-47, even if it was just non-automatic rifle version).

After last zombie died, the situation would turn into something more normal.

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This may not be my idea but this one is one obvious idea anyone would think of:just nuke the affected area(or country).Thats what they did in Resident Evil:Apocalypse.Hey!The survivors managed to survive the nuclear blast.

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We need Apex in his hum-vee or whatever it is running over zombies

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's this game series called the Carmageddon series.A version of each of the game is a Zombie Version.In this version of the games,you get to run over zombies in your favorite car/truck/buggy/harvester/airplane/etc.These games are the obvious inspiration of my statement of how to kill them zombies(Meh, I would just jack a car(an 18-wheeler or a combine harvester would be better)and go around driving like a madman,running over them while yelling,"DIE FREAKING MOTHERF**KERS!!!!!" )...

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow... zombie apocalypse... I would be more worried about killer guinea pigs (I love guinea pigs Very Happy )

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since zombies are rotting corpses basically, i think the most important attack one can do is on thier teeth. If they can't bite, you win! So just figure out how to cause mass tooth decay for a bunch or rotting corpses who follow no hygene code, and you win. Or you can just hide for like 2 months. I think a human can go three days without water and a month without food. So what could a zombie do?

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They'll eat each other. Or your mom.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So their population will decline nicely, if each one eats on of thier brethren. 128, 64, 32, 16, 8, 4, 2, 1.... starves.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

going from about 6 billion(say 6/7 people are vulnerable/infected)? it'll take a Looonnngggg time...
6 000 000 000
3 000 000 000
1 500 000 000
750 000 000
375 000 000
And so on. Zombies will also need less food due to less higher brain function and activity, also they do that weird thing where they fall over, look and are to all intents dead until food gets close...

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, I think the biggest determining factor is exactly how this disease comes about, and any actions that come about to stop it before humanity falls to shit. For example, a viral outbreak might have the goverment nuking stuff to quarentine or whatnot. Some zombies (in like doom3) function without brain tissue, and some are brought about by religious voodoo and stuff.

most people seem to have the avoid-zombie strategy, inwhich case they just hide out until zombies are dead and then restart civilization. So I guess the question is how will you hide, and how long do you think zombies will be alive for?

Also, winters will be a killer for them.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zombies are basically people with the intellect and cushyness and stuff stripped away, as a result they're a bit tougher. The most likely cause is a rabies-ike virus that destroys brain function leaving mindlessly aggressive and predatory wrecks of human beings, most likely it'd be spread like rabies, via bodily fluids like blood and saliva.

depending on climate zombies would last varying times, with climates on a par with northern france most screwed. Hiding for a period of about 3 months followed by stringent security and "sweeps" of any place suitable for habitation should be sufficient to protect survivors, seeings as with the mass deaths there will be a 1:10 ish ratio of people to working firearms. The problems would be the loss of infrastructure and technology, as lack of maintenance would mean loss of electrical power, running water and gas/oil. Therefore the primary concern for survivors after the infected are dealt with would be these basic needs, therefore the knowledge to operate at least one power plant and water purification plant is vital, as in the modern day most water is too polluted to be safely consumed.

As much knowledge must be secured as possible as knowledge is vital in the reconstruction of ssociety, therefore government and scientific computers, as well as libraries must be preserved in order to allow the reconstruction of amenities and facilities as well as gaining the knowledge necessary to train in medicine and other important "human maintenance" roles, and further down the line resume production of medicines and food. The greatly reduced population count means as well as storing knowledge subsistence farming would be a prime occupation, fortunately a great surplus in equpment and supplies would have arisen, meaning that with rudimentary knowledge the survivors' hapless efforts to learn the art of agriculture along with discoveries of preserved food shold easily sustain them. Secondly, repopulation would be an important issue, males and females occur at a roughly 45/55% ratio, meaning none of this "3 wives, sow your seed!" business is necessary or desireble, gentic variation pevents diseases and disabilities by repressing passive traits. However, repopulation should be given lower priority until short-term survival is secured. Armaments would still be necessary as conflict between human groups or remaining infected may occur, such as groups hoping to acheive dominance in the post-crisis world. By individual success and freedom the same feeling of individual empowerment can be created that gave birth to democracy due to the divisive nature of medievil and dark ages rulership, where each person had a worth as they could not count on the hierachy to protect them, it is this personal value that gave birth to european democracy (we started it, long before you yanks hopped the pond #Tongue).

And you'll need to find a new currency, because there'll be fucktons of the useless stuff.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why, I hope you don't mean bottlecaps!

Farming is important, as you can only survive on the corpse of the old world for so long. Other than that, I think you summed up fallot pretty nicely.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey kids. How about letting the millitary do all the shit, so you don't have to? That is the reason they exist, at the end. Smile

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey boys and girls, lets talk about the brotherhood, who are doing the good fight for you. Whenever you see a knight or paladin, give em some thanks, or even better, some ammo.

Well, you know Gufu, I guess there is just this fantasy about being the last guy on Earth.... and runnning around with a shotgun blasting slow moving, dumb enemies.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I guess there is just this fantasy about being the last guy on Earth.... and runnning around with a shotgun blasting slow moving, dumb enemies.

So much easier than counter terrorism.#Tongue

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bah.I've got enough alcohol for these guys to make 'em drunk and get away #Tongue

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd think it would just pour back out

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shotgun, ammo, food, friends and family, and a hummer weight reduction for better mileage and a couple canasters of gas in back just in case

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice bump, but since this is a timeless discussion, all is forgiven.

I like what the guy in I am Legend did. Lock your self up to sleep and 'clear' every building there is of zombies.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 4 [192 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon