Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 pm
All times are UTC + 0
How to survive the Zombie Apocolypse
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 4 [192 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4

Do you think the zombie apocolypse will hit?
yes
35%
 35%  [ 18 ]
no
17%
 17%  [ 9 ]
DrKyle1357 your insane and need medical attention for fixating over zombies
47%
 47%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 51

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wear medieval plate armour.

Zombies can't bite through it, and it's relative lightweight, 40 kilos distributed equally over your body.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no no no. you steal a tank from the military and run around smashing zombies under your threads Very Happy

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ztype all the options. What you need is a Mk14Mod0 EBR, a load of 7.62 Nato, a group of fellow survivors and the most compelling backstory...

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've said it before and I'll say it again: get a car and go on a rampage through the streets, running over as many of those shitbags as possible MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Twisted Evil

(pic is from Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now)

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then you roun out of fuel and get devoured. I'll watch and laugh from a secure rooftop...

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I say go back in time, shake hands (or at least, touch) with the very first zombie; you know the drill from here.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Get a few EATR robots, modify them so they can eat animal flesh (though AFAIK, all they would need to do so, might be just some stronger grinder device, and a change in programing). also add some armor, and leave them free where the zombies are, also adding some chainsaws to them migth be a good idea. Finally just watch as how the robots devour the zombies Twisted Evil.
What's the worst it could happen, zombie robots?.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As long as these guys give me something to eat,I'm ok with them.I won't have any resistance.

BTW,do these guys like ice cream?Maybe I could give them some.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unless zombies gain some super power that makes them able to differentiate a living human from a scarecrow, 1/1 scale doll or a lamppost, when I go out I'll copy exactly what the zombies do if I want to get to my destination.

...and get shot by immune humans when they're on a rampage.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

some cyborgs = zombie + robot in one #Robot

(Borgs, cyborg from TS)

question is what kind of cyborg is shyborg #Tongue

I think the safest places would be those most outlying and most hard passable. Rolling Eyes

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine wrote:

What's the worst it could happen, zombie robots?.

This.

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zombies with guns. Because eating brains is so overrated.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shut Up Eno xD

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine wrote:
some chainsaws

Fun Fact: Chainsaws would hardly be effective in a Zombie-apoc.
Similar to the Katana misconception in a way.

The Chainsaw version of this is that they rev up a chainsaw and walk through walls of z's with the heads falling off en masse. In reality, a chainsaw would be able to kill a couple of zombies before the blades would get fucked up and require replacement. (replacement would be dangerous too, considering the amount of infected blood and gore that would be on the chainsaw...)

@Destiny- Almost all zombie fiction has them going after their targets not by sight, but by other means like smell and hearing (going by your logic, they would end up attacking each other and the whole apocalypse concept would die, as the first infected people would attack each other rather than propagate whatever causes zombification).
That said, imitating zombie actions would just get you eaten in a rather amusing way, or shot at by humans who would normally help and protect you.

@Inzane_Krazy- Hardly a threat unless they somehow retain their shooting skills, knowledge on complex motor functions like reloading, knowledge on ammunition locations, oh, and maybe operating the safety.

Also, tanks would hardly be effective on Zeds. Unless by some miracle you got all canister/flechette rounds loaded up, the vehicle will be loaded with mostly DU/Tungsten AP rounds, which would only give the zombies nice big holes in their bodies (lets be real, tank cannon headshots happen only in APB and Renegade). Crushing zombies wouldn't be that easy either. Your tank would hit them, but only zombies in the path of the tracks would be smashed. The rest would end up under the tank after getting knocked down and would simply get back up. (unless you jury rig something to compensate for this)

What Ixonoclast said is actually quite accurate. Medieval Plate Armor would be excellent protection from traditional zombies. Fairly light and maneuverable, and with under layers, you would be pretty hard to stop. The only issue is that you would be roasting with the sun out, and if you don't have proper physical conditioning, you would probably find yourself better off without it.

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why not Kevlar or Dragonskin?

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With Plants!

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Neither provides the complete protection of a plate armor suit. There are no uncovered spots in a proper full suit of plate armor.

But the likelihood of obtaining a Dragonskin vest is relatively equal to obtaining a full suit of plate armor.

Dragonskin would indefinitely be better overall (when viewed in respect to all of the threats of a zombie apocalypse, not just zombies), as it would provide protection from firearms and is much lighter as well. Plate armor MIGHT stop 9mm rounds, I wouldn't even be sure about that.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Plate armour will probably stop low calibre weapons or weak weapons, most people don't know that "bulletproof" came from the Renaissance when every suit of plate armour was tested by firing a musket at it point blank.

Dream armour combination would be some nice soft underclothes, bulletproof vest over that, and plate armour on top of that.

Nothing can hurt you, except for a serious hit with a warhammer, a big axe or a high-powered modern firearm.

...now that's an idea...

EVA, wanna fire up your zombie mod again?

I just came up with a faction for it... an alliance of museum staff and a SWAT team... #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's nice to talk about having access to all this military stuff, but what about normal people? Whats a kid in suburbia got to do to survive? I think that conversation is more interesting. Does the kid have access to suits of armor and bulletproof vests? No. Long sword and tanks? No. So the question is: how will YOU survive the apoc, not master chief and the doom guy.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, that depends on the type of zombies.

Now Romero zombies... THAT'S a problem. Because they're supernatural/alien... Hence why the military was unable to stop them.

However, if you take a look at some other zombie fiction...
28 Days/Weeks Later shows us a military that is quite capable of keeping the infection contained. Life (lol) continues.
Warhammer 40,000 puts the concept of a "zombie-apocalypse" in an even sillier light.
Zombies are smalltime in the 40k Universe. The Imperial Guard call warfare against zombies "vacation".
But that was expected in a universe where the average death-mech has more guns than all American forts on the East-coast together.

My point, unless the zombies have some kind of MacGuffin(Romero's Venus dust, Prototype's Mercer) that protects them, they'll all be cleaned up easily by the military. Some people will die, but it won't become a zombie-apocalypse.

Romero zombies?

I'll just take an overdose on medicines, in a situation that makes my resurrection as a zombie impossible.

Realistic zombies?

Get some running shoes and speed/sneak past. I'll easily outrun most people.

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
It's nice to talk about having access to all this military stuff, but what about normal people? Whats a kid in suburbia got to do to survive? I think that conversation is more interesting. Does the kid have access to suits of armor and bulletproof vests? No. Long sword and tanks? No. So the question is: how will YOU survive the apoc, not master chief and the doom guy.

I talked about this quite a while ago in this topic.

The reality is almost everybody here who isn't in the military or hasn't had some experience using actual weaponry (of the melee or projectile kind) is doomed if they don't team up with people who have such skills. You may survive a few days, a few weeks or months, but you won't survive the whole thing.

Ixonoclast wrote:
Plate armour will probably stop low calibre weapons or weak weapons, most people don't know that "bulletproof" came from the Renaissance when every suit of plate armour was tested by firing a musket at it point blank.

Dream armour combination would be some nice soft underclothes, bulletproof vest over that, and plate armour on top of that.

Nothing can hurt you, except for a serious hit with a warhammer, a big axe or a high-powered modern firearm.

...now that's an idea...

EVA, wanna fire up your zombie mod again?

I just came up with a faction for it... an alliance of museum staff and a SWAT team... #Tongue

Yes, it was the method of proofing. The decline of armored infantry was largely because of how expensive it was to train such units, and because it was cheaper to teach a peasant to fire a musket, not necessarily because of the gun's ability to pierce armor.

But most modern firearms, even small ones pack quite a bit more punch than the ones that threatened the plate armored heavy infantry of the past.

@Z-Mod- Only if. Having guys with melee weapons and armor suits would be hilarious in the mod. Laughing

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW, something I wanted to PM you a while ago but kept forgetting...

...you said that infantry crushing would make tanks too powerful. What about giving zombies an "exploding" death? I doubt that grinding over hundreds of wildly flailing people is good for the tank engine and treads.

You could handwave something about bad maintenance during the zombie-apocalypse, making tanks more vulnerable to damage when mass-grinding zombies under their treads.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, Eva has a point, everyone with no weapon skills are doomed, but also heres the other problem, most of the stuff suggested here only point out to the NORMAL and CLASSIC brain-noming zombie, but what about the other types? like the big guys...sure anyone can crack up a zombie variant and give them a weakness, but who knows for sure?

Surely, everyone has a fire axe nearby, unless someone took it before you xD, that's probly the closest weapon you can have besides guns, if a fire axe can break doors down, it definitely will bring a man down ( a zombie man xD)

another thing, if your in the big city, what would you guys try to do? I'd run to my roof and wait for halp, unless the zombies had some sort of thing that shoots biological goop that melts things #Tongue

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We need to activate CABAL...

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

inzane krazy wrote:
Surely, everyone has a fire axe nearby, unless someone took it before you xD, that's probly the closest weapon you can have besides guns, if a fire axe can break doors down, it definitely will bring a man down ( a zombie man xD)

Axes are good, better than swords, but you'll still risk that your axe gets stuck in bone.

Better get a bludgeoning weapon. It's just like in RPG's. Undead are extra vulnerable to crushing damage. Laughing

Metal pipe is nice. Crowbar is better. A big hammer is even better... But a medieval warhammer is better.

It's light. It hits hard. It has a pike for stabbing, and you can use it to break wood.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Sindri: Didn't think about pipes, I guess you could resort to those whatever is near you if you can't find a proper weapon #Tongue

But the question is, where would you get weapons such as Warhammers and medieval aged swords? and Aren't those swords abit too heavy?

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where? Museums of course, reenactor organisations or private collectors.

And swords are remarkably light.

In fact, european swords are lighter than japanese katanas.

Anyone with a normal physique can swing that thing without problem.
And since you're fighting zombies, you don't need any real training.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The museums have ancient ones, and they probly lost their durability over the course of time.

about weight, Bastard Swords and Broad Swords seem so heavy...but your right about Katanas being really heavy, the guys who make those fold steel ALOT

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah you know, an Abrams tank looks slow, but then you see it on TV, it's damn fast.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea, its really fast due to the fact that it has rubber on its threads and a freaking jet engine

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In theory you should just use those rollers they use for flattening roads...in practice you might be pulled off unless it's a closed cabin one, but meh.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From the game "Clutch", russian version of a racing game I love Very Happy

It clearly shows how easy it is to kill those zombies by dirtying your sportscar a bit (zomg da car has a grinder up it's front O_O).

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How well a car works depends on how fast you drive...

Hitting someone with your car while driving 100 miles an hour might get you in problems.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then drive a big rig Wink

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, in a zombie apocalypse I'd prefer a energy-conserving car.

Since all tank stations will be captured by aggressive hilly billies, megalomaniac police or insane soldiers...

As Romero has shown over time, it isn't the zombies you have to care about... it's the fellow humans.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fashion an axe out of a lawn mower blade and a baseball bat, make some low grade explosives out of household products, dig some bear pits (holes with wooden spikes on the bottom), sleep up high in trees. make sure you watch Home Alone.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, lets try being realistic here for once xD, instead of going all...OMG ZOMBIES, IMA GRAB MAH AWESOME LAZOR PEW PEW!

@FF: yea, you dont have cars with blades, and you practically can't drive a car around in a zombocalypse, mainly due to the fact that they'll probly be crowded up in big numbers and driving over a big crowds will kill you, rather than save you #Tongue

well, we all probly will be in different situations, and it will actually depend on what we can do, so I'd just be creative and hope I'm not in one of those Point-and-click horror zombie game type of situation lol :3

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, another thing.

Car=noise
noise attracts zombies.
noise alerts other survivors.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And noise also attracts the bigger zombies, lol, I should stop referring to L4D xD

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*smacks inzane with a pipebomb*

GIMME PEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZ!

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LMAO! LOL, SINDRI, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH YOU MADE ME LAUGH LOL

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEu7vHL2eJk&NR=1[/youtube]

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing Laughing Laughing XD

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 4 [192 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon