Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:33 am
All times are UTC + 0
More screenshots from v1.3
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject:  More screenshots from v1.3 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is new bunch of screenshots from v1.3.

DEVIL.jpg
 Description:
Here is detail on two variations of Devils Tongue. With and without frontal grinders. Frontal grinders is upgrade which enable subterranean attack and allow Delvil´s Tongue crush heavy infantry
 Filesize:  174.4 KB
 Viewed:  12887 Time(s)

DEVIL.jpg

devil01.JPG
 Description:
Devils tongue starts as fully armored flame tank
 Filesize:  193.26 KB

devil01.JPG

pyramidofnod01.JPG
 Description:
Pyramid of Nod and Devils Tongue
 Filesize:  149.39 KB

pyramidofnod01.JPG

rocketmutants01.JPG
 Description:
New Mutant rocket soldier
 Filesize:  211.38 KB

rocketmutants01.JPG

Vulcan Cannon.jpg
 Description:
Vulcan Tower and Rifle Soldiers
 Filesize:  231.06 KB

Vulcan Cannon.jpg

hammerfest83
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice screens Smile

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Devil's Tongue Flame Tank Very Happy

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never really liked the TS Devils Tongue to begin with (looked like an electric shaver to me) so... no difference here in opinion...

Question though... since this Devils Tongue has frontal flamethrowers unlike the TS version which has lateral flamethrowers, how does it shoot when the tunnelling device is on (clearly blocking the nozzles)

Somehow the Pyramid looks like a large bunker to me... think it's the steepness of the sides that gives me that feel. Personally I think a Pyramidish shape would suit the Secret Shrine better (than its current glass-ornament-look) while a more conventional design for the tech center...

The Rocket mutant is shooting a Pitbull Mortar out of his RPG launcher!

But man.. those rocket mutants sure remind me of Stygs's own counterparts in TWA:

hey maybe you could ask him for permission to use his Hijacker:

...seeing as how TWA is officially discontinued, I guess it wouldn't hurt to shift some stuff to Essence provided Stygs is ok with it (he may not be though... IIRC his Tiberian Fiend was specifically TWA-only)

The white lady~!

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Vulcan Tower looks...strange. =/

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
The Vulcan Tower looks...strange. =/

Hm, I was busy getting distracted by the epic yellow visors of the infantry... must be the housecolour. IMO there are some places housecolours shouldn't go... personally I like 'em on shoulders and on the back. A housecoloured visor is a little weird especially if you choose some of the more... exotic colours Embarassed

EDIT:

Found one of the moddb pics of Devils Tongue:

As expected it looks sort of funny with the flames coming out of the tunneling device... which is why really should have gone with lateral flamethrowers...

The white lady~!

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You do notice in between the grinders there are 2 silver-looking thingies #Tongue

I think the Vulcan Tower still looks strange. Don't look at the FMVs, please, they look horrible =/ Move the turret to the center of the "disk", and thin the tower a bit. Lengthen the barrels, too. And no, it's not that I prefer the Watchtower.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I actually kinda like the flames coming out from between the grinders.
Good work, looks very Nodesque.

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valdes wrote:
Quote:
Question though... since this Devils Tongue has frontal flamethrowers unlike the TS version which has lateral flamethrowers, how does it shoot when the tunnelling device is on (clearly blocking the nozzles)

There is enough space in between upper and lower grinder so firing nozzles are not blocked at all. I kept that in mind during modeling this unit.

Valdes wrote:

Quote:
As expected it looks sort of funny with the flames coming out of the tunneling device... which is why really should have gone with lateral flamethrowers...

Tunneling device is upgrade you know. It works same way as with Subterrain APC. I thought it could look strange with lateral flamethrowers when is frontal tunneling device not equipped. Also i lived long time in believe that Devils tongue really spit fire from maw considering tiberian sun in game unit (i believe that is not just me). Later i have fiound some renders and then find out that he was equipped with lateral flamethrowers and it feels strange.

I know this is pure explanation and i cant defend my design after all, but I still hope you will have fun with this unit.

Valdes wrote:
Quote:
Hm, I was busy getting distracted by the epic yellow visors of the infantry... must be the housecolour. IMO there are some places housecolours shouldn't go... personally I like 'em on shoulders and on the back. A housecoloured visor is a little weird especially if you choose some of the more... exotic colours

Don´t worry is not housecolor, this soldiers has composite armor upgrade. Its actually original EA texture which really has yellow visor. Maybe i should change that too.

Valdes wrote:
Quote:
Somehow the Pyramid looks like a large bunker to me... think it's the steepness of the sides that gives me that feel. Personally I think a Pyramidish shape would suit the Secret Shrine better (than its current glass-ornament-look) while a more conventional design for the tech center...

I just want to replace horrible EA half-barrel design with something better. Also i want to return Nod Pyramid in some form. It has the old TS Nod feel. (some people suggested that temple prime should be nod pyramid, but rebuild building which is present only in two campaign maps will be waste of material) And hence sacred shirne is not so bad after all i used pyramid as new tech lab. It´s quite logical i think, pyramid is a perfect shape for a vault where is all nod secret designs kept.

Destiny wrote:
Quote:

I think the Vulcan Tower still looks strange. Don't look at the FMVs, please, they look horrible =/ Move the turret to the center of the "disk", and thin the tower a bit. Lengthen the barrels, too. And no, it's not that I prefer the Watchtower.

It is strange, but it has TS feel.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
You do notice in between the grinders there are 2 silver-looking thingies #Tongue

Ok I see the thingies... still feels a little odd though... or maybe it's just the weird vibes I'm getting from the grinders... their textures look a little like the ones used for vehicle wheels.

Watchtower... I think it looks a little too cylindrical, would like the 4 supporting pillars to slant outwards a little more... but hey anything's better than that weird EA watchtower, it is so weird like a weird thing.

Carnius wrote:

Don´t worry is not housecolor, this soldiers has composite armor upgrade. Its actually original EA texture which really has yellow visor. Maybe i should change that too.

I think a faded dark blue should be ok. Not a bright colour or it'll look like a pilot helmet.

I've done a bit of unit icon art for TWA before, one suggestion for helmet slight alteration was this:

Note the visor colour, compare with pic below which has the EA helmet

As for your structure designs, well no worries. No matter what they already surpass EA's designs already Smile

Here's hoping the sonic emitter can get the turret you used for the Disruptor.

The white lady~!

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice to see Devil's tongue is back! Very Happy

i like your chassis design but can you change the design of grinder? it look terrible IMO. Confused

White Wolf
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, about the Devil's Tongue...

is there any way we can get the side-mounted flamethrowers to work, instead of the frontal launchers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon