Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am
All times are UTC + 0
Exploding Planet!!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject:  Exploding Planet!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EDIT: This is for Photoshop. P

What if the zombie apocalypse got out of hand. What do you do? Destroy the planet of course!

Okay...

1. With this tutorial, we will be working photos of dried cracked mud, so go to google images and search for "dried mud". It works best on pictures with birds eye view (direct view from top) so we can see the cracks. Please note that the steps may differ if your image is significantly different to the one im using in this tutorial, so experiment.

2. I'll be working on the 2nd image. Base on that image, I start a new document 640x480.
Now open the mud image up, on the dirt image, do a CTRL+A to select all, then go to the new document you just created and press CTRL+V to paste the image.

3. The cracks are dark, so we'll invert the image so it becomes white, this will give it a better explosion effect. so go to Image->Adjustment->Invert (or press CTRL+I).
Now use the eliptical marquee tool and make a large round selection on the image. Hold SHIFT while you create the selection to make a perfect round circle.

Now go to Select->Inverse,
Then hit Delete so you are left with a circle from the mud image. DO NOT DESELECT YET.

4. Now, while you still got your selection, go to SELECT->INVERSE again to select the shape.
Now go to Filter->Distort->Spherize. Set amount to 100%. Then do it again, this time, 50%. You can now deselect.
Now, lets fill the background layer (the layer underneath the mud layer) with black.
Then go to Layer->Flatten Image
Now go to Filter->Sharpen->unsharp Mask.
Amount: 500%. Radius: 1.7px. Threshold: 122 levels

5. Go to Filter->Distort->Polar Co-ordinates.
Options: Polar to Rectangular.
Go to: Image->Rotate Canvas->90CW.
Apply: Filter->Stylize->Wind
Method: Wind. Direction: From the right. Hit CTRL+F to reapply. VIEW
Go to: Image->Rotate Canvas->90CCW.
Finally, apply Filter->Distort->Polar Coordinates.
Options: Rectangular to Polar.

6. There you go, now all you do is just play around with colors, by either using Image->Hue and Saturation, or Image->Color Balance.
I use color balance in the image below.

Here's a wallpaper I made:

Last edited by AltomareXD on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what program is this for?

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Photoshop

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm impressed. very snazzy, but simple. Soon we won't need Hyper at all.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also can be easily done in the Paint.net. Useful tutorial, non-the-less.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:

...Im, hurt.... Sad

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That was mean from you, Orac Mad Don't worry Hyper, I'm sure no one will defeat your 1337 exe-hacking skillz in the next 10 years!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool tutorial, very creative. Makes me wonder why I've never tried anything like this myself.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was gonna say, that you gave me a new avatar, but I don't want to change my red eyes! I've...become fond of them...

Oh snap! I've got an idea! You'll see it soon...

Behold! New and improved...ME!

Boogiewoo0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your new avatar reminds me of the evil fireball from The Fifth Element.

MT wrote:
You are so worthless, not even Tiberium can grow on you.

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper wrote:
Orac wrote:

...Im, hurt.... Sad

How so? #Tongue it makes people more self dependent Very Happy

I make vectors myself now, you still got Aro and Morpher to work with. :V

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Last edited by Roaches on Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Luke, stpo crying. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

^
^ that = : cry : Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

Javier
My Rank Will Never Change

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This can be done by Paint.NET too!

MY MOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!11!!1!!1111!!!11!!!1

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:

Hey, I'm no where as good as Hyper. Seriously, the stuff he makes...

'so damn good.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

inspiring... Very Happy

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was only messing, but i really enjoy making stuff. More i make, more help it is towards me getting a better job Very Happy

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper wrote:
but i really enjoy making stuff. More i make, more help it is towards me getting a better job Very Happy

Very true Hyper, very true. Modding is pretty much bringing me to that direction Very Happy

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure, you should get some examples (the best) of your work to the CV.
If AltomareXD was asking for a job, he should post this superb picture, too. Wink

http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/study/course-l.php.en?id=6315
Why I think I know these things, although this will be next year... Very Happy

In other words, sometimes is better to learn how to do the stuff before uni learns (/pushes to learn) you. Wink

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, i'm taking multimedia arts for college. I'll be graduating high school this saturday.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never studied any Graphics or Multimedia courses, i just have many years experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, InCopy, Acrobat, aswell as many of tools like Corel stuff, some little bit with 3D applications, and many more.

Its not about what type of program you use, becuase you gotta learn them all to get into Graphics (2D or 3D), on a normal job i end up using Photoshop, Illustrator or Corel and Acrobat just to complete it.

Thats how i got my current job, becuase i showcased my skills with many, many programs, you gotta be versatile and willing to learn "everything".

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no MS Paint?

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing
I need just tablet and Gimp. Twisted Evil #Tongue

now seriously: I think I will try this tutorial in Gimp when I have some time, how many changes will have to be done (and maybe post them).Wink

Boogiewoo0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried and failed. You're a better gimpist than me if you can get it to look good.

MT wrote:
You are so worthless, not even Tiberium can grow on you.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

partyzanPaulZy wrote:
Laughing
I need just tablet and Gimp. Twisted Evil #Tongue

now seriously: I think I will try this tutorial in Gimp when I have some time, how many changes will have to be done (and maybe post them).Wink

Please do, a sub-tutorial for the GIMP would do me a world of good. I've been messing around with it, and I can't find a way to create the halo around it.

Last edited by Orac on Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Javier
My Rank Will Never Change

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
no MS Paint?

No man. MS Paint is old school and it sucks.

MY MOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!11!!1!!1111!!!11!!!1

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*opens up GIMP...

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

K-BOOM.png
 Description:
K-BOOM!
 Filesize:  527.67 KB
 Viewed:  25842 Time(s)

K-BOOM.png

MT
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks partyzan! Now GIMPers like me can learn as well Very Happy
Although, the photoshop final result does have a better effect than GIMP's IMO.

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice! I tried it with GIMP; and it turned out bad. 'Guess i'm not GIMP-literate. The render is a nice touch btw.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, that mine isn't exact, I added some things and the wind effect was set stronger.

made by Tickle

compare:

it depends on many factors (like colour and so, I added supernova effect, star in the corner, lense effect)

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper wrote:
I was only messing, but i really enjoy making stuff. More i make, more help it is towards me getting a better job Very Happy

Where is my logo #Tongue

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...I did it, did i not show you? Bump me on MSN...

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Better PM me.I don't have MSN installed,and because I use a 3G modem,installer doesn't work too well...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon