Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 pm
All times are UTC + 0
OSGIC :: Information
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject:  OSGIC :: Information
Subject description: Open Source Game Image Creator
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

About Open Source Game Image Creator

Open Source Game Image Creator (OSGIC) is Project Perfect Mod's ultimate solution for the generation of 2D, 3D and voxel based computer graphics for game. It allows the user to create and edit content in 3D geometry or voxel (pixel based) mode, where 2D content is edited as voxel.

The main objective is to provide an intuitive interface that allows any user, with or without artistic skills, to create a decent graphic of any kind for whatever they need. This can be done by motivating users to creating graphics from existing online or offline 2D or 3D templates.

This program wil require an online connection to run, which will be used to search for templates for whatever kind of 3D model, image, 2D template, texture, 2D effect or 3D effect the person is looking for.

Our motto:

Simple, powerful and colaborative.

Simple: The program will have the most intuitive interface possible, being based on the most successfull image editing programs in the world and with a search bar. Instead of looking for a tool inside zillions of categories, just type it in the bar and it will show you the closest result.

Powerful: You'll build graphics from existing graphics even if you lack skills to do it. I.e.: if you need to create a mage, search for a human, a cape and a stick. Then, edit them to fit your needs.

Colaborative: You can share your 2D and 3D images as templates or textures. And even custom graphic effects. Then, others may use it by using the search bar.

Features:

This program will be derived from the Voxel Section Editor III.

- 2D, 3D and voxel editing all in one program.
- Unlimmited layers of any kind.
- Edit and create vertexes, edges and faces.
- Move, rotate, scale objects and even your 2D images.
- Convert 3D geometries into pixel based models and vice versa.
- Paint models pixel by pixel with basic shapes and image effects, with custom settings for all of them.
- Create 2D and 3D shapes and share them with the online community.
- Find for online resources (shapes, textures, effects and much more) while you create your graphic, just like you search in Google.
- Apply shader and texture maps for everything.
- Animate your 3D objects.
- The program will automatically generate a credits file for the resource that you created, crediting the authors from all templates and effects used by your graphic.

Estimated Release Time

First beta should go online in 2010 or later and it won't include all features listed above.

Last edited by Banshee on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What? #Tongue

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds interesting...

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rather very interesting #Tongue

Rendering systems for SHP plz? #Tongue

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice-sounding. If I see this completed fully, I can die without regrets.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
First beta should go online in 2010 or later and it won't include all features listed above.

If I keep up my current lifestyle of drinking and 24/7 Parties I'm not going to live that long...

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That means that I'll be starting to get in charge at TI? #Tongue

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You get my full support!

[offtopic]No, I am not dead, I just happend to have a life. I pop by every now and then. [/offtopic]

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, if you have a life, then you can't be dead.

Exactly how can 3d and 2d exist together? I can't really wrap my mind around this. I can understand the connection between say a 2d image and a voxel layer, but an actual mesh?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Voxels are no more than regions where the mesh passes.

I've developping an algorithm that adapts a well known technique (marching cubes) to transform a collection of points in a model instead of converting a function like marching cubes does.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I soo thought this to be an april fool joke..

anyways in response to Dafool's statement.

Photoshop CS3 can import .obj's and I believe Painter can as well.

There's also ZBrush, Mudbox..and others that sorta combining the 3d/2d workflow.

:p

nod00
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is very ambitious and very awesome! I wish you luck on this project. I cant wait to see where this goes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon