Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:23 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun Graphic Enhancement Mods
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 5 [207 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have an AA sky light but it only casts shadows at the moment.

Yeah the walk cycle is staggered to show detail atm. I'll be sure to fix it in post-edit.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think there should be some type of body movement, it looks to "perfectly still".

This bugs me about the original Wolverine too, I feel it should be like the FMV's.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree, however the lack of body movement is because turrets can't have animations afaik. I will be releasing a no turret version that does bob correctly.

Here's a snippet. Wip cause animations are somewhat slightly more tedious.

The way I animated them I imagined that they would have some sort of gyroscopic stabilizer in the guns and that they would be linked to prevent misfire. If you watch tanks with stabilizers you can see the upward rebound bounce that compensates for the lack of movement on the barrel when a tank hits a bump. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but the barrel doesn't receive an force when a tank goes down a hill at the same time the chassis does, so it makes a weird bobbing effect.

Here the guns stabilize just before impact force from the legs are transferred through the body.

whataboutbob.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  56.78 KB
 Viewed:  15293 Time(s)

whataboutbob.gif

bobinabout.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.24 KB
 Viewed:  15293 Time(s)

bobinabout.gif

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On a side note, I can now make fun stuff with the wolverine. I always thought it would be a good riot control unit, so I dressed it up like an old school police vehicle. The good ol' black and white.

Update: Moar Fun. Power Loader! A concept that is utterly ridiculous, but fun none the less.

Lifter.png
 Description:
Insert Aliens reference here.
 Filesize:  9.14 KB
 Viewed:  15280 Time(s)

Lifter.png

mini labor ingram 98 patlabor omg.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.8 KB
 Viewed:  15284 Time(s)

mini labor ingram 98 patlabor omg.png

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, that's cool.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like that lifter. That's damn nice.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regulus wrote:
Update: Moar Fun. Power Loader! A concept that is utterly ridiculous, but fun none the less.

Hey!  Don't badmouth the Power Loader! Razz

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the Emprah.

I should probably move on to the titan.

Dreadnaught.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.94 KB
 Viewed:  15249 Time(s)

Dreadnaught.png

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

many WW voxels seem simple so that they can simply be understood and seen as what they are. I look at your disruptor ingame and wouldn't know what its supposed to be or even how it actually looks like if it wasn't for the vxlse screenshot.

Take the dish for example. That must stand out above all else. But with it being so flimsy and all the detail around it it goes under.

That Wolverine is pure badass and a real enhancement.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been meaning to revisit the disruptor for a while. I redid the proportions and cleaned it a bit. Size can be adjusted via voxel header but proportions are what's on show here.

Shakin.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.75 KB
 Viewed:  15212 Time(s)

Shakin.png

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Brilliant job! The redesign has solved the previous issue with the "fat ass" rear #Tongue

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scale Test.

scales.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.88 KB
 Viewed:  15168 Time(s)

scales.png

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bit too big #Tongue

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If everything else is remade I quite like its scale, especially for a T3 unit.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't it supposed to be based on the MCV chassis according to the lore? If so, it's supposed to be big then isn't it? #Tongue

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Idk what it is based on, but it is by far one of the largest vehicles in the game, almost to the point of being unable to make it "true scale" much like the Mammoth Mk II.

Giving Nod some love and tweaking the tick tank. Here is a render test of the deployed turret. Note that the dirt may or may not be the final dirt. Basically it will rotate to about a 30-45 degree angle and then burrow into the dirt. Unfortunately this will look rather silly undeploying. So I might loose the dirt but still change the angle which it burrows.

This is the currently deploy image I currently have for the vehicle. I used the voxel as a base for the animation instead of relying on a 3d rendered deployment because I find it quite jarring. Shadow frames have yet to be made.

Ttnk.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.52 KB
 Viewed:  15085 Time(s)

Ttnk.png

Hassan_2030
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is very well done, would you please do this for my Tick Tank too!?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

then MCV needs remake
as its smaller than tanks

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tech Center WIP. I know its not "vanilla" but the tech center is the fugliest building in the entire game bar none. I think it deserves a good make over. I have also started on the GDI Walls, gates, and component tower stuff. IN addition to that, I have begun working on stuff that I have always wanted to make for GDI and Nod: Side specific observation towers for gate checkpoints. GDI's is designed to integrate with the wall. There will be four versions, one for each gate facing, depending on which way your base is relative to the gate (if that makes ANY sense.)

The Outpost is also designed to be independently built.

GDI Gate and Observation Post.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.52 KB
 Viewed:  15016 Time(s)

GDI Gate and Observation Post.png

Tech Center.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.88 KB
 Viewed:  15019 Time(s)

Tech Center.png

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice. Crisp and simple.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not big fan of those voxels, but this last outpost is just awesome. Make more! Use black windows on the military buildings, by this I mean Tech Center.

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm with Vefbl4. Voxels are not your calling, building are.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And what exactly is wrong with my voxels other than they don't meet your tastes?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the Tick Tank voxel is fine.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Voxels are fine. Just that I am in favor of shp units over voxel ones. You need to have some skills to make voxels that actually look pretty in that engine.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Disruptor looks.. kinda messy, to be honest. A bit dark, aswell. Too tall for it's length. The dish/turret blends/melts into the hull on certain facings.

Focus on SHPs, IMO. Other people can do voxels (and have) - modelling, animating, rendering and converting buildings is considerably more complicated work, and in my opinion, much more important.

"Banned" RP here

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

really liking the newest disruptor. much improved. tick tank is nice and the buildings too.

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regulus wrote:
And what exactly is wrong with my voxels other than they don't meet your tastes?

I'm not saying the Voxels are bad but the buildings are so much better.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Took some time, redid and handpainted the normals, graidented the colors, and added minute detail here and there. Working on the turret.

Be sure to right click and view image instead of looking at the one here. It is applying some sort of weird blur effect imo and it looks more like what I see when you view it in a separate window. IDK if it's just me or that really is happening, but I see a difference between the two.

DisruptorRedux.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.87 KB
 Viewed:  14912 Time(s)

DisruptorRedux.png

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regulus wrote:
Giving Nod some love and tweaking the tick tank. Here is a render test of the deployed turret. Note that the dirt may or may not be the final dirt. Basically it will rotate to about a 30-45 degree angle and then burrow into the dirt. Unfortunately this will look rather silly undeploying. So I might loose the dirt but still change the angle which it burrows.

You can use a bug in the engine to make the dirt play only during the deploy, but not on the undeploy.
For that you have to make the dirt as a separate animation and give it the tank as an activeanim.
Then set for this anim
ActiveAnimPowered=no
ActiveAnimPoweredLight=yes
With these 2 keys, the activeanim starts already playing right after the building is placed down (and thus parallel to the buildup), and not after the buildup is finish.

If you now make the ActiveAnim not looped, it will play only one time and at the same time as the buildup.
The rest is some nice SHP work to make the 2 animations (buildup and dirt-activeanim) fit together.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's bawlin LKO. Thanks for the tip.

Here is the turreted disruptor.

I've decided to revisit everything. Here is the Nod Tick Tank. I will have to redo the animation.

I'm probably going to delete this thread and move everything over to TS:AE with its own topic. I'm not sure when I will do it but this thread is getting cluttered.

TickTnk.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.17 KB
 Viewed:  14877 Time(s)

TickTnk.png

Turret.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.76 KB
 Viewed:  14891 Time(s)

Turret.png

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you know, i'd love to see these assets used in the Open engine rather than the old fugly original TS stuff ans being a proper-revisited TS.  Maybe you should get in contact with them and provide them with your remade stuff, which would leave a far better impression?

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With Open engine you mean OpenRA?
Because OpenSun didn't got far iirc, and i don't think there is another open C&C engine in the works, isn't it?

Public SHPs

Tools

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's an *excellent* idea.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
With Open engine you mean OpenRA?
Because OpenSun didn't got far iirc, and i don't think there is another open C&C engine in the works, isn't it?

You don't visit the PPM main page often, do you? There's a preview of OpenTS on the news page right now. (god that came out snippier than intended, apologies)

But yes, OpenTS is coming. Slooowly.

"Banned" RP here

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is OpenRA with TS file and logics support. It's not a new or separate OpenTS project/engine.

Public SHPs

Tools

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
That is OpenRA with TS file and logics support. It's not a new or separate OpenTS project/engine.

Yeah, isn't that... OH. Apologies. Regardless, assuming everything follows the same sequences as the default art, you can use it in OTS, unless they do some serious consistency locking in a later update.

"Banned" RP here

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it certainly is far more promising that the TS engine, imo.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My advice will be, that voxels should be brighter and larger. Smile

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think they're perfect as they are

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The disruptor already has the overlapping issue bad enough at that size. Any larger and they well begin taking up way too much room.

As for brightness, I feel that TS is too bright anyway. I know this is a personal taste, but GDI and Nod shouldn't be a bright near yellow gold and metal grey color in a world of darker tones. Just my opinion.

I'm also not trying to reinvent the wheel here. I am simply recreating every voxel as I believe westwood had intended them to look, not what is cooler or more interesting than presented except for incredibly minor detail and there are a few exceptions. I sampled both color schemes first and they are quite similar in color range. I base every voxel of the official renders first, then concept art, THEN cameos, and if all that fails I resort to trying to interpret their voxels.

Nod Buggy.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.44 KB
 Viewed:  14772 Time(s)

Nod Buggy.png

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That dizzie is looking gorgeous.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smile

Bike.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.38 KB
 Viewed:  14691 Time(s)

Bike.png

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The subterranean apc is arguably the one voxel that needed the worst touchup. I have yet to find any late production renders or concept art for the vehicle, so I had to resort to the nonsensical cameo and the horrid mess of a voxel.

I borrowed some ideas from the Montauk and added those strange ribbed like objects on the side and top. I thought about borrowing heavily from the Devil's Tongue but the caution stripe was too overbearing IMO (see my first attempt at this voxel.) It did however, draw attention to itself which is bad for the player but helpful for those whose party is getting crashed by mole machines.

SubAPC.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.62 KB
 Viewed:  14580 Time(s)

SubAPC.png

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bike and sub apc look excellent.

Regulus wrote:
I borrowed some ideas from the Montauk and added those strange ribbed like objects on the side and top.
long ago i made a few simple concepts for the TI artillery. This had "ribbed like objects" too which i saw as spikes that are used as additional digging devices

I assume that this is also the way the montauk would use them

Public SHPs

Tools

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh man, this is some good stuff man. Nice sharp and crisp detailed voxels, clear yet with a good colour depth.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know I've been giving GDI a lot of love lately. I promise I'll start messing around with Nod soon.

Here are some quality of life buildings for GDI bases.

1. Small Water Tank
2. Water Desalination/Filtration Tank
3. Administration Building 1
4. Armory? Small Office
5. Generic Office Center

The idea is that GDI uses modular design and many buildings share parts. Nod will be starkly contrasted by "purpose built" buildings.

Quality of Life.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.1 KB
 Viewed:  14456 Time(s)

Quality of Life.png

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

5 and 3 remind me of Yuri Structures due-to the shape of the bases, but they're very nice structures!

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

agree with aro
they remind me of Chinese temples. But other than these overall very nice.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is way too cool!
Don't be afraid to add some markings(GDI logo).

Also would be nice if you add some noise no the textures. Because this way, it looks too clean. Like plastic.

Buildings 3 and 5 look more like outposts and their vent holes are probably way too big. Conditioners on office buildings are usually square shaped, especially if you look from the distance. Big blue windows on those buildings make it way to vulnerable, so I'd probably change it to something more protective, since it's still a structure for a military purpose.

Also you put an antenna on the water tower, which is incorrect and useless. Water tower will probably have just a tall and thin lightening rod, which will look great on it.

Last edited by Vefbl4 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:21 pm; edited 4 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 5 [207 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!