Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:48 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun Graphic Enhancement Mods
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 5 [207 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I mean is that in the screenie it looked as if it was about to fall backwards, and that the back set of tracks might look better two voxels further back. Though this smaller ass model looks pretty good... I'd like to see it ingame with the previous Disruptors.

Last edited by Orac on Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had my sites set on the Hover MLRS. IDK though. Too bad I can't make good shps Sad

Another huge issue is the Mammoth Mark II...
wtf... y = 300, z = 200, x = 75.... :0

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ask one of the proficient 3d artists whether they'd mind 'donating' a Mammoth MK2 SHP?

Questions, Questions, Questions...
I might do some of the Nod voxels, should I go entirely on the concept/renders, or try something else, like try making the nod voxels match into what can broadly be called a style?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stingerrr once made a huge Mammoth Mark II voxel for his mod (Tiberian Sun mk II #Tongue), and he allowed all the material for public use, if given credit. You could edit that.

Btw, I did a Nod buggy, and am now working with the bike, in case you're interested.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Makin it is no prob. Trial and error really...

the game not crapping its pants, and it being so huge...that's another.

Toss em to me next time your on MSN.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a lil sum'n sum'n I've been working on. I will definately release these to the public since there are no good GDI specific E1s. I might redo the combat medic, engineer, jumpjet, and disk thrower too.

e1.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.12 KB
 Viewed:  21200 Time(s)

e1.gif

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work man, I do like that that. Smile

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've done a Stealth tank, but I'll try polishing it and give it some hand-painted-normals before unveiling it - all I can really say now is that it's pretty close to the renders I've seen Smile

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doesn't look all that bad.

gdi e1.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.46 KB
 Viewed:  21182 Time(s)

gdi e1.PNG

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At first it looked hideous, but in the game, it's actually quite good. Good work so far.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, the quality of the gif is very bad. Sad I did a mass convert with third party software, so it looks like poo. But it does look nice ingame.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone interested in reigniting the flame? I feel a voxel surge coming now that I am back in school.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, Why the hell not?
My voxels are always too small for RA2! #Tongue

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I bounce from project to project, and my attention has fallen upon this one again. Here is the current GDI fleet so far.

GDI Current.png
 Description:
Disruptor, HMLRS, AAPC, Orca Transport
 Filesize:  62.77 KB
 Viewed:  20022 Time(s)

GDI Current.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice. The Disruptor bugs me the most, the dimensions are wrong.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those are awesome. That transport.. just

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love the disruptor

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've begun working on the models that will be used for buildings. I don't know if I want to unwrap them and make super good textures, or just color splat them. If I texture them, they will be useful for cameos as well. Rolling Eyes

On a side note, should I do the infantry with the exact same animations as they have in TS? Or enhance them? Cause some of them look rather stupid....

WIP.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.02 KB
 Viewed:  19928 Time(s)

WIP.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
On a side note, should I do the infantry with the exact same animations as they have in TS?

At least make sure they have the correct shadows. Not that infantry, buildings and voxels all have shadows pointing in different directions.

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and you don´t need to stick with 6 attack frames...make something like 12

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the rear track is too short by 5 cells FS try and and extent it backward, because as soon as your disruptor fires it will fly backwards dew to the recoil

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dubzac wrote:
the rear track is too short by 5 cells FS try and and extent it backward, because as soon as your disruptor fires it will fly backwards dew to the recoil

I would have thought that not needing to dampen recoil would be an upside of the sonic tank concept.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Dubzac wrote:

I would have thought that not needing to dampen recoil would be an upside of the sonic tank concept.

it would lead to inaccurate shots (death to civilian,death to friendlies waste of ammo, body getting bogged down in mud when fired, targeting impaired)

these are the negative traits associated with small tracks on big tanks that are too heay for them.
when they are close together and/or not spread the tanks weight, weight in real terms the vehicle would weight about 20 ton with armor plates. it be fine if the tank was always on the road but anywhere else,no.

the main weight would be on the rear track all 15 tons of it the other 5 ton is the front. meaning this baby has one heavy ass, so it needs a biger rear track to cope with the big load. its newtons law. lol

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This isn't a regular tank we're talking about. The Disruptor has no recoil.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
This isn't a regular tank we're talking about. The Disruptor has no recoil.

Crimsonum@ True but it whould need a cool down time that is same like a recoil, i see you don't do your homework On energy vs heat physics.

Most but not all metal matter generates heat, when subjected to intensive energy to power a big weapon like that, would need a big power supply on board the tank, weapon with all its power to generate the sonic wave would have to be huge and weighty.

Not to mention if the tank fired for long periods the power supply would over time overheat and the machine would blow up, with out a recoil.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you even read what you write?

Quote:
cool down time that is same like a recoil

Lol, no.

Quote:
weapon with all its power to generate the sonic wave would have to be huge and weighty.

This has nothing to do with recoil.

Quote:
Not to mention if the tank fired for long periods the power supply would over time overheat and the machine would blow up

Again, this has nothing to do with recoil.

I said before that the dimensions are wrong on this Disruptor, but even if it was like this, it could work in theory (assuming sonic weaponry like this exists). All the engines and what-not can be placed closer to the front, the rear pair of tracks is there only to support the dish.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm fairly sure the TS FMVs don't have recoil on their disruptors. Not to mention I don't see how recoil would be possible here on such weaponry, considering the dish merely sends out waves of "sonic" energy. The energy isn't forced out of a barrel like tanks.

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:
I'm fairly sure the TS FMVs don't have recoil on their disruptors. Not to mention I don't see how recoil would be possible here on such weaponry, considering the dish merely sends out waves of "sonic" energy. The energy isn't forced out of a barrel like tanks.

But with all that energy it might just be powerful enougth to force atleast the turret back when firing (i liked the idea of when the beam hits something it pushes the disruptor back a bit [aka re-coil] untill the sonic beam manages to break threw the armour of what it is firing on), but yea the videos didnt show any re-coil, ingame thought i thought the turret moved slightly but perhaps that was either just me or bad vTS vxls and/or hva anims

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stop Crapping my topic about silly things. Sonic disruptors use FREQUENCY to literally shake things apart, so why would there be noticeable recoil in the vehicle?

Anyway, here is the beginning of the Nod Stuff

Nod Current.PNG
 Description:
Sub APC and Buggy /w wrong turret
 Filesize:  12.07 KB
 Viewed:  19802 Time(s)

Nod Current.PNG

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks nice, simple and sweet.

Revolutionary
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They look nice but the red imo looks like it could be a bit more varied.

Edit: whoops i lost part of my last post was going to say the GDI vxl look a bit cartoony but none the less very good

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

update

subapc.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.47 KB
 Viewed:  19783 Time(s)

subapc.PNG

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too black IMO, I'm more of a TD grey Nod fan. They look ok though (buggy might be too blocky though... standard TS one is IMO).

Revolutionary
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Much better Smile

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

way cool #Tongue

Cantdrawbutmod
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nuclear underground transport?
The yellow and black make me think of nuclear for some reason,maybe it's from another game "trauma" Confused

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey hey, why not let TS:Rewire use those E1 graphics aswell??

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like the new E1

Along with Pepzi i certianly wouldnt mind seeing it in LKO's TS 2.5 wen its released with the hyper patch (although i know TS 2.5 is mainly bug fixes)

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am going to remodel and render all of the TS infantry eventually. It will be much easier that way. Recoloring is a slow and boring process.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...Half of PPM will want to sleep with you, the other half will beg you for their mods by the time this is done. XD

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, all of the TD:R infantry are rendered. I don't think it is that difficult. And matching Westwoods crappiness with infantry is actually quite easy. But, I don't intend on playing the matching crappiness game.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI Tech Center

tech.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.98 KB
 Viewed:  19515 Time(s)

tech.png

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why don't you combine these with LKO's TS 2.5 and add a balance fix to the game. Turn it into a TS revamp.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is PPM. There is no such thing as collective cooperations.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
There is no such thing as collective cooperations.

Anyway, I've said this to everyone who's recreated the GDI tech center: Don't. It is hideous in its own right, instead recreate the beta tech center (I trust that you can find a pic of it yourself).

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was going to add that in as a separate building. If you can find any other buildings that I don't know about, I will probably redo them too. The dropship bay is a definite candidate.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In fact, even the Dropship bay building would make a better tech center than the glowing-orb-on-triangle building.

Will you replace the Upgrade Center with the cut Comm. Center (radar building that had upgrade slots)?

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As of this point and time this mod is strictly a vanilla FS remaster modification. Everything fundamentally stays exactly the same or as close to it as possible. Will I remake the Cut Comm? Absolutely, it would be stupid not to. Will I put it in a primary release? Probably not, as I plan on having this be as INI free as possible.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

update

Walls and gates are also done.

gdi.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.93 KB
 Viewed:  19371 Time(s)

gdi.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Comm. Center pwns Upgrade Center anytime.

Component tower looks good, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 5 [207 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!