Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:26 am
All times are UTC + 0
C&C Universe
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [90 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next

Favorite / Most Interesting Faction :
TD GDI
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
TD Nod
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
TS GDI
14%
 14%  [ 10 ]
TS Nod
15%
 15%  [ 11 ]
TS CABAL
25%
 25%  [ 18 ]
RA Allies
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
RA Soviet Union
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
RA2 Allies
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
RA2 Soviet Union
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
RA2 Yuri
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 71

AprilWar
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject:  C&C Universe
Subject description: A tribute to modders
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Four Words:

Tiberian Alert Zero Hour

Warning: Boring Content =P

Development:

A large modification for Yuri's Revenge that I started in 2007. Eventually I stopped working in this mod in the beginning of the 2008
for about six months. After that, i kept working on it and I actualized it so it could work with the latest version of NPatch.
This mod, as most of the first mods that people do, contains a big meshup of public, private and other mod's stuff.

It all began when I started to mod C&C Reloaded, wich is the best no-patch mod I've played. Initially there were minor changes like
bringing the Chronosphere, Iron Curtain and hidden tech units back. Then I started to play with weapons and stuff. Then I started to play
It Came From Red Alert, another great mod, I became a fan of it.

After a time, When I wanted to do something bigger, I decided to incorporate the Red Alert Allies and Soviet sides of ICFRA into
C&C Reloaded. It took some time until I finally corrected and dominated the code so it could run IE-Free. I wanted to cure the injured AI of the
resulting game but I found more troubles so I will leave the AI at the end. I made some fixes, included superweapons, made them compatible with
RP10, and restored (thanks to the patch and personal workarounds) most of the TS and RA logic that didn't work in original YR. After finishing
this first phase I took a large break.

Somewhere and somehow i got the idea to inclue the Tiberian Dawn sides into it. So I started to work again in the mod. Originally
i was planning to use the Return Of The Dawn TS mod assets to implement them as the TDNod and TDGDI sides, but navigating in the C&C mod's
and resource's websites i found C&C Renessans, wich was perfect, i played it and i was wondered. Immediatly i began to add its graphics and codes
to my meshup. As I did with ICFRA, i fixed and repaired the code until i reached the IE-Free state.

After all of this i began to work with CABAL, and i found a lot of material. I quickly finished it and i'm currently working in the Scrin
converting buildings from C&C 3 into SHPs. After this i may continue to build the rest of the remaining. There's still a lot to do.

Here's the list of many of the mods I used:

-C&C Reloaded
-It Came From Red Alert
-C&C Renessans
-Future Crisis
-TS Advanced
-Mental Omega
-Robot Storm
-Return Of the Dawn
-Sudden Strike
-Eagle Red
-Generals 2.5
-The Dawn of Tiberian Age
-Exodus Alpha

I listed them in order of importance when making up the game. All of them great mods wich served as
inspiration and a source to build this personal project.

Gameplay:

The goal here is to include all factions of all the C&C games. Here's the large list:

-Tiberian Dawn GDI*
-Tiberian Dawn Nod*
-Tiberian Sun GDI*
-Tiberian Sun Nod*
-Tiberian Twilight GDI
-Tiberian Twilight Nod
-Tiberian Sun CABAL*
-Tiberian Twilight LEGION
-Tiberian Twilight Scrin
-Red Alert I Allies*
-Red Alert I Soviet Union*
-Red Alert II Allies*
-Red Alert II Soviet Union*
-Red Alert II Yuri*
-Red Alert III Allies
-Red Alert III Soviet Union
-Red Alert III Empire Of The Rising Sun
-Generals USA
-Generals China
-Generals GLA
-PEACE (Pacific Elite Army of Civilian Estates)
-MLA (Mutant League Army)

*Finished/Fully working sides

Every side has its supeweapons, its own hero character, its own epic unit, and its own vast army.

Here's a short description of every side I've currently finished:

(Click in the images to enlarge)

TD GDI
Hero Characters: Commando
Epic Units: Golden Guardian
Super Weapons: Ion Cannon, Airstrike, Ground units support via helicopters
Special Tactics: Artillery Operations, Antiarmor operations
Weaknesses: Base Defenses & Expensive Units

TD Nod
Hero Characters: Black Hand Commando
Epic Units: Scorpion I
Super Weapons: Nuclear Strike, Tank Drop, Infantry Reinforcements
Special Tactics: Hit & Run Operations, Submarine Operations, Economic Units
Weaknesses: Low Armored Units

TS GDI
Hero Characters: Umagon & Ghost Stalker
Epic Units: Mammoth Mark II
Super Weapons: Ion Cannon, Ion Storm, Firestorm Defense, Drop Pods, Hunter Seeker, Dropship Reinforcements
Special Tactics: Antiarmor Operations, Superior Naval Warfare
Weaknesses: Power Income & Expensive Units

TS Nod
Hero Characters: Cyborg Commando
Epic Units: Scorpion II
Super Weapons: World Altering Missile, Cluster Missile, Chemical Missile, Hunter Seeker
Special Tactics: Stealth Operations, Artillery Operations, Underground Operations
Weaknesses: Weak Airforce, Antiair Arsenal

TS CABAL
Hero Characters: Adv. Cyborg Commando
Epic Units: Core Defender
Super Weapons: Orbital Strike, GPS Signal, Medal Of CABAL, Repair Wave
Special Tactics: Heavy Armor, Antiarmor Operations, Air Operations, Naval Warfare
Weaknesses: Power Income, Expensive Units, Artillery Operations

RA Allies
Hero Characters: Tanya
Epic Units: Heavy Battleship
Super Weapons: Nuclear Bomb, Chronosphere, GPS Satellite, Sonar Pulse
Special Tactics: Hit & Run Operations, Naval Warfare, Base Defenses, Economic Units
Weaknesses: Artillery Operations, Weak Airforce, Low Armored Units

RA Soviet Union
Hero Characters: Volkov & Chitzkoi
Epic Units: Super Tank
Super Weapons: Atomic Bomb, Iron Curtain, Parabombs, Paradrop Reinforcements, Spy plane
Special Tactics: Heavy Armor, Antiarmor Operations, Submarine Operations, Base Defense
Weaknesses: Expensive Units, Hit & Run Operations

RA2 Allies
Hero Characters: Tanya
Epic Units: Decimator
Super Weapons: Weather Storm, Chronosphere, Airborne Squadron, Chrono Reinforcements, Force Shield
Special Tactics: Stealth Operations, Air Operations, Infantry Operations
Weaknesses: Power Income, Artillery Operations, Harvesting Operations

RA2 Soviet Union
Hero Characters: Boris
Epic Units: Centurion Siege Crawler
Super Weapons: Nuclear Missile, Iron Curtain, Spy plane, Force Shield
Special Tactics: Antiarmor Operations, Base Defenses, Power Income, Air Operations
Weaknesses: Expensive Units, Naval Warfare

RA2 Yuri
Hero Characters: Yuri
Epic Units: Star Disk
Super Weapons: Psychic Dominator, Genetic Mutator, Chaos Missile, Psychic Reveall
Special Tactics: Psionic Weapons, Harvesting Operations, Economic Units
Weaknesses: Weak Airforce, Artillery Operations, Base Defense

And....
Ha! THE OMG G14NT W33D 34T3R

LOL, jk

Storyline:

Right now my biggest challenge doesn't rely in obtaining resources or coding. Building a reallistic and interesting plot wich explains
how all of the C&C sides are battling against each other is my punishment. The battlefield should be a common one: Earth. I was thinking in involving the Moon too.
At the moment the best i have thought is that this Time-Space catastrophe was ocassioned by multiple factors: The unclosed Scrin portals and wormholes
after the events of Tiberium Wars, the constant use of the Chronosphere, the alternate timelines created by both Time Machines (The Soviet and the Allied one),
The Chrono Vortexs (This weird phenomena of Red Alert I), Wheater storms, Tiberium influence and Ion Storms. But I still don't know how to structure it.
Any ideas? I'm sure someone here will easily build a kickass storyline based on the factors i mentioned.

Thanks to this mod i've grown in knowledge in terms of modding and i have experimented almost every situation.
I just wanted to share it with you so you can express what you think about the idea, what can improve it or any suggestion. I consider it a tribute
to C&C, to the RA2/TS great mods mentioned before and to every single modder. I posted this today because it's my beer-day lol Twisted Evil

Vote for your favorite or more interesting faction! Cool

My Art

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cabal dont seem to happy to have hes face on that building...

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper wrote:
Cabal dont seem to happy to have hes face on that building...

That's actually NEXUS Core from RS

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gratz you can rip several mods like it ICFRA, FC, RS and CNC reloaded.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see you finished the Allied Yuri Fortresses from Sleipnir's Stuff. Nice job.

And good luck pulling this off.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

arrgh renegade stuff! Get it off me! get it off me" it burns! It burns!

J/K

Good luck with your add so many factions you can mod.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modripfest. Stay the hell off our assets -_-

That's the ROTD construction yard.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys, this is a private mod.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee condones modding using ripped assets.

Rippers come to PPM and get your own forum space to promote it so you can send the exe to more people in private just don't announce in public mod announcements otherwise you will get blacklisted!!!

Heck if iloo had posted here his turkey mod would be fine Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No. You are wrong. The guy is asking for the potential most interesting faction and clearly stated that this is a private mod, therefore it won't be distributed (not in a website or PM). If he distributes it, he's banned. So far there is no sign of distribution.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So the fact that two mod authors have refused permission and I'm pretty certain Daz would refuse as well makes no valid point?

I don't want to see screenshots of ripped work.

Also even if he gets the most interesting faction from this experiment or whatever, its not like he can ever make it.

All this shows is that I can cnp code from different mods and use voxel builder to resize the weed vehicle.

Also look at his mod title

C&C Universe
A tribute to modders

How is it a tribute if he has insulted two mod teams already?

Last edited by Allied General on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He is NOT distributing the mod. This is private and not meant to leave his machine.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why are you giving this attention though? This is completely and utterly against modders wishes.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As long as it's not distributed, I think it's OK. So I agree with Banshee.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Screenshots = publicise work

Publicity means people will ask for download via pm/email or whatever means of communication you can think of.

Thus distribution of ripped mod is achieved.

There has already been comments on the ripped mod assets.

You are giving free advertisment to a mod which requires no effort and has been done a godzillion times.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Screenshot does not means distribution.

To distribute it, he'd need to upload it somewhere and send the link, because this mod would be too big to send in an email. And, by doing that, he'd be violating with the terms he agreed when he posted here.

This forum does not serve to bring attention to anyone's public modding work, neither to determine if a certain person has made a certain resource. The sole purpose is to allow people to display their stub mods that won't leave their home or the best it could do is to go from his desktop to his laptop...

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't understand why this needs any promotion (which is what posting screenshots and information on a public forum is), but I'm not concerned about the asset use.

It's a private mod and he's credited the original projects in his post.

He could've used a screenshot with an uncharged Iron Curtain though, the charged texture in BR3 is awful.

- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I get unit ideas from these... maybe the point of having private mod section if for to have sharing of ideas not assets...

But not the idea of taking/ripping others asset for redistribution or such...

Fight for the freedom side, March with the Imperial War Machine or Conquest for World Domination
https://www.facebook.com/YRZH.Mod/
https://www.moddb.com/mods/yr-zero-hour

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only idea I get from this is how to copy and paste other peoples work (be it hrs getting the right art code displaying or solving a IE) but thats besides the point.

What is going to stop the author of such mods like AprilWar breaking this

- Mods posted here may use any kind of resource without requiring authorization. Remember, the mod must not be published anywhere in the internet (that includes email and PMs), if it uses public resources without following the 3rd Party resource usage rules.

There are so many free upload sites, he could easily upload and spread this mod without anyone knowing until its too late, he gets blacklisted and all these mods are tarnished.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to say it Banshee,AG has got a point.

I rather feel happy that I NEVER managed to release a mod,seeing what is being done here.I really wouldn't want to see an idiot stealing my assets and then using them in a mod,even if a private mod,without my permission.I don't care,some people are working on this mods hardly,and I don't think that they are going to be glad to hear something like "You see,somebody is thinking that your assets would be better in a different mod,not in yours,so he decided to show off how it will look."
Its stupid.Plain stupid IMO.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Private mods doesn't need promotion and the purpose of this forum is not to promote private mods. It doesn't make sense to promote mods that won't be released. It makes sense to discuss them in order to help people learn with something or brainstorm ideas for something.

And Deformat, we don't want people to rip stuff and redistribute them.

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied General wrote:
There are so many free upload sites, he could easily upload and spread this mod without anyone knowing until its too late, he gets blacklisted and all these mods are tarnished.

So he should be banned for doing something that's been acceptable in this community for at least the past six years because he's posted screenshots of it?
Quick, we better ban everyone who's ever used someone else's art assets on a mod that's never left their HDD just because they might put it on Rapidshare.

What about ROTD and ICFRA that use/have used assets from actual commercial products? Surely that's worse? Better ban me aswell then.

No one is losing anything from this. By releasing a mod you accept that people can do this as it is acceptable according to the unwritten community rules that have been around forever.

AprilWar
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C'mon. I can assure this work will never be released.
And I don't need any advertisement for something that isn't even out.
Not me.

My Art

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied General I dont understand your problem. Its like your life will never be the same becuse of this. Accept it.

I once read on revora, were you took(or should I call it, ripped) Speeders cameo from MO and put it in your mod without asking him, but ofcorse, you remove his post quickly Very Happy Very Happy

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've never ripped from Mental Omega, your thinking of another person.

Also if its a cameo, a lot of those cameos are avaliable freely on YR Argentina so think before you post.

Also is any of that post on topic? If anything seems you condone ripping and think that all modders should just sit back and do nothing.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Arvin, you don't get it do you? In this world most of us are two-faced bastards (probably including you). AG is genuinely not. This may come as a surprise but hypocrisy is not his preferred weekend activity. Neither is defending against wild accusations. Shut up.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok,I'd better go away from this thread...

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
Arvin, you don't get it do you? In this world most of us are two-faced bastards (probably including you). AG is genuinely not. This may come as a surprise but hypocrisy is not his preferred weekend activity. Neither is defending against wild accusations. Shut up.

Albrecht you are the lamest guy on the forum

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yay! Very Happy Somebody used that SimCity power plant i converted! does the buildup work like it should, AprilWar? Very Happy

i think private mods (even with ripped assets), are fun. you don't have all the labor of making your own stuff just to have fun for yourself. It's not like you're making it for the community. It's for yourself. if you don't wanna see screenshots of ripped works or whatever, just don't look at the "private mods" forum. Simple, really.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
AprilWar
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it works now Smile
I always wanted it to be some kind of Cabal powerplant lol

My Art

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know the best way to make sure no one every uses your assets? Make the quality way below the community's standard!

crusher.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.53 KB
 Viewed:  54281 Time(s)

crusher.png

AprilWar
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hahaha Laughing
That will be a useful Grinder / Crane Rolling Eyes
lol jk

My Art

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

God damn it guys? This again?
If you don't want your assets ripped, make your own engine. >_>

Now look what you did, I am annoyed.

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AprilWar, how you will make the RA3 sides and the generals too?

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with AG, I mean, it is easy to rip from stuff already done, yet it takes character to look and find public stuff, and learn to make your own. I mean I tried something like this before my Computer died, and I used 100% Rip free sources!

I know I am but a n00b, yet I even know that.. Now that My computer is fixed, I will restart my moding, and even though my mod will not be like my first attempt, I will know that At least I am not taking things not ment to be taken!

Have a Good Day Sirs.

P.S.
If this is a Tribute, then why didn't you ask first?

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Albrecht you are the lamest guy on the forum

That's the biggest failure since WWII... You're in about as good a position to speak as the ayran supermen who got bulldozed by slavs, and they were looking down guns.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This thread is the biggest failure in the universe...

I think there should be one line for all rules on the forums that says 'If you don't like it, the door is over there, don't let it hit you on the ass on the way out.'

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well heres my opinion

If the mod is private.. then do what you want.. its private

If its public you can use anything thats publicly distrubuted but give credit

If its not publicly distrubuted then simply ask the person who created the thing you want

Its just common respect in my opinion

Every community has rules and this (above) is how I view the rules for this one

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not a bad concept but the problem with such a huge mod like this is that none of the buildings, vehicles and infantry look remotely similiar.
But good luck...

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm going to tell you something which will stun you rigid! There's a great chance AprilWar could create this mod without showing us the screenshots seen here and (wait for this one) still upload it to a file sharing site! The fact he has posted screenshots here if anything is a good thing, because if this mod does get distributed or pops up somewhere we know exactly where it came from, rather than it popping up anonymously.

This mod is a learning mod if anything, just because it doesn't do anything dramatic or features completely new material doesn't take away the fact you have to make edits and do modding practice to make it all work.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zengar_Zombolt wrote:
I agree with AG, I mean, it is easy to rip from stuff already done, yet it takes character to look and find public stuff, and learn to make your own. I mean I tried something like this before my Computer died, and I used 100% Rip free sources!

I know I am but a n00b, yet I even know that.. Now that My computer is fixed, I will restart my moding, and even though my mod will not be like my first attempt, I will know that At least I am not taking things not ment to be taken!

Have a Good Day Sirs.

P.S.

Yeah, fair point, if want to make tribute, might be nice to ask persons involved (since should be possible with most of them) instead of letting them find 2nd hand and oh look, this guy took liberty at his own hand and also called it tribute but whatever floats your boat.

AprilWar
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shadow Hunter wrote:
AprilWar, how you will make the RA3 sides and the generals too?

If you mean how will i implement the Upgrades and special abilities: Easy, with building upgrades and negative prerequisite logics Smile
So once the upgrades are built, a different unit (upgraded) will replace the non upgraded one.

lefthand wrote:
Not a bad concept but the problem with such a huge mod like this is that none of the buildings, vehicles and infantry look remotely similiar.

Yes you're right. But the excuses could be... some sides are more advanced than others because of their new tech Razz
Or do you mean the design style of the art?

My Art

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lefthand wrote:

Yeah, fair point, if want to make tribute, might be nice to ask persons involved (since should be possible with most of them) instead of letting them find 2nd hand and oh look, this guy took liberty at his own hand and also called it tribute but whatever floats your boat.

Asking shouldn't be a problem and it'll feel good when you know that the creators themselves allowed you to use some of their works. If they don't want you to use it, then so be it. But still, it's better to try and make the stuff straight from your desk. Try it. It'll give you the satisfaction of somehow being independent.

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zengar_Zombolt wrote:

P.S.

The whole point is that he doesn't have to ask, it's a private mod.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I don't really get the point of publishing anything about private mods... or heck, even making them. I do know it's not nice to see rather crappy converts & implementations of such a lot of non-public assets.

Not to mention, all-stars mods suck. Period.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

some people mod because they do it for fun, not they want to get into the gamming industry or something, just just mod for the sake of modding.

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't see any problem in privates mods, i mean, anyone that download a mod that not contains public stuff can open the .mix file and get the files inside and then will make a private mod that sooner or later (not counting everytime) will release it and then he will get banned and blacklisted, but my point is that every mod have the change of get it assets stolled at anytime soo, it is better we pay attention on others things and wait for that thing happen! (that WILL happen)

At least that is my opinion! Smile

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shadow Hunter has a good point, why try to stop something which you know is always going to happen, when you could be doing some proper modding.

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Modding sure is fun.

Besides, I see private mods as a way for... self gratification. (not in a sexual kind of way.)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Modding is only fun when people don't take it that seriously. When people build up serious mods they find themselves losing interest because it becomes more of a task than it does a hobby as you have to rely on things and in some cases, teams.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!