Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:01 am
All times are UTC + 0
RA1 AI Builds all buildings without editing tech tree
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Vancer2
Medic

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject:  RA1 AI Builds all buildings without editing tech tree
Subject description: Read this
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, I somehow accidently found out after editing the map Cauldron. The Ai builds tech centers and all the new units that become available. I didnt edit the tech tree or anything I added a few buidlings, triggers and reinforcement triggers. Im at school right now So i cant fill in all the details. But Hopefully I can get some help to find out what made them do this so We can make it happen for all the maps :]

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm, say what now?

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i am guessing the person is trying to say the ai is building tech center units without tech centers.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AI is building things without care for pre-requisites.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So what else is new?

Vancer2
Medic

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No. Originally the Ai doesnt build anything after a Dome. its stops. But after Editing the map the AI now builds Tech Centers, sells them, then builds the new units :] I made it smarter ^.^

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vancer2 wrote:
No. Originally the Ai doesnt build anything after a Dome. its stops. But after Editing the map the AI now builds Tech Centers, sells them, then builds the new units :] I made it smarter ^.^

You don't need tech center to use the options it gives you. Just sell it off. I don't see any smarter behaviour in this, really.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Originally the Ai doesnt build anything after a Dome

Quote:
the AI now builds Tech Centers, sells them, then builds the new units

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

refresh my memory, was ra1 like ts in that you can still build tech-units after the tech center had died?

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
refresh my memory, was ra1 like ts in that you can still build tech-units after the tech center had died?

yup.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well since ai ignores prerequisites, isn't this bad for ai since it causes them to waste income?

Like in RA2, AI doesn't build spysat uplinks for example.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Vancer2
Medic

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Dont think im saying this the Right way. The Ai never Ever built anything over a dome. It was a stupid AI, yes u can still build units after a tech center is sold but if u sell a barracks or wf then u have to rebuild both of them. One thing i Left out the AI now builds a Radar dome before it builds a war factory. :\

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah but our point is, the AI doesn't even need to build a dome

The AI if it was coded could build Mammoth Tanks or V2's with just a War Factory.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
D1Hazel
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hate to revive an old thread, but I have something to contribute. I think what Vancer2 is getting at is it's smarter for the AI to build the dome, sell it, and use the same exploit human players can use rather than to use the AI Only "screw the Prerequisites" cheat. Which reminds me; I wanted to investigate RA2 AI editing. Good day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!