Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:39 am
All times are UTC + 0
Questions to the Team.
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 6 [276 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its a free download, no costs incurred.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shhhhh, Hyper. We can make some quick bucks out of this man!

Looney
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been checking out the different Game Modes.
I was wondering with CTF, can you build walls in that mode?
I could just close the flag off with insane rows of walls and it would be a DM.

Anyway, great modes!

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in CTF mode you cant build wall AFAIK

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Shhhhh, Hyper. We can make some quick bucks out of this man!

HA!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looney wrote:
I've been checking out the different Game Modes.
I was wondering with CTF, can you build walls in that mode?
I could just close the flag off with insane rows of walls and it would be a DM.

Anyway, great modes!

That's a good point - if the walls haven't already been disabled then I'm sure they have now! #Tongue

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
That's a good point - if the walls haven't already been disabled then I'm sure they have now! #Tongue

I don't see the point in disabling walls. You have aircraft, jump-jet, bombers,... Also, a wall takes time to build, artillery can fire over it, and so on...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In capture the flag mode, victory only comes when an engineer enters the enemy flag building. The flag is indestructible. The point our mr. Looney makes is that I could just build a million layers of walls around the flag, preventing the enemy from having much chance of capturing the flag.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lord Unforgiven wrote:
I don't see the point in disabling walls. You have aircraft, jump-jet, bombers,... Also, a wall takes time to build, artillery can fire over it, and so on...

But you don't have access to building any of the units you just mentioned so walls are and will be disabled. You can only obtain an artillery unit via a crate goodie / supply depot. This applies for a great deal of units, the buildlist in CTF mode is virtually completely different from Death Match for balance issues and to seperate the game style from being too similar.

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just checking in on you guys...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I shall update the todo list.

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome. Love to see what's been changed. :]

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We'd better get some screenshots too then Wink

EDIT:
1) Posted To Do List as a topic in Staff
2) Realised I couldn't contain the same info in spoiler tags here
3) Took screens of it, and am about to link to the image:

Today's To Do List: Here

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alrighty, thanks for the response. :]

Christ, it's just you and Morpher working on TO? Where everyone else go? XD

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

People get busy, and sometimes modding has to take a back seat - everyone goes through it now and again. The majority, however, have just sort of wandered out of the community as far as I know.

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Understood.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im active and no one asks me to help Sad

*rots in corner to die*

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper wrote:
Im active and no one asks me to help Sad

*rots in corner to die*

Don't you have a certain patch to work on? #Tongue BuildConst too

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum has just made this thread awesome.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do yes, but its the thought that counts. And said patch is being worked on now i have a new computer to actually do work on...

So, do one!

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bump

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm semi-active. As in I lurk.. but I'm never quite asked to do anything. I've also gotten into modding Sins of a Solar Empire, so i sometimes get stretched thin... not that anyone asks me to do anything :/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

daTS wrote:
I'm semi-active. As in I lurk.. but I'm never quite asked to do anything. I've also gotten into modding Sins of a Solar Empire, so i sometimes get stretched thin... not that anyone asks me to do anything :/

How funny, Love SoaSE..

My team has a planned TC mod for SoaSE once we finish our GenZH one.

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Psstt... Morpher... ask DaTS 2 do something! XD

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bump...

We come harass mode.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stuff continues to occur.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^this

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

liaocheng
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh my god!!
i just found out that Morpher lives in adelaide as well!!
i gotta see him myself!!!

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, moved to Adelaide around 5 years ago, where abouts are you?

liaocheng
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher wrote:
Yep, moved to Adelaide around 5 years ago, where abouts are you?

i moved to Adelaide 3 years ago, now i got a job at chinatown. i live in Mile End, just 2 stops from city. Smile

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That proves it again: the world is a village. Smile

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nobody from North Texas? No? No...

Forever alone. :'(

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If it's an consolation, I live in North Texas.

MrTweek
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How many Sides has TO and also has every Site there own story? =)

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MrTweek wrote:
How many Sides has TO and also has every Site there own story? =)

The Story Confused

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI and Nod are playable with reasonably meaty parts for non-playable versions of the Forgotten (both schisms), the Black Hand, Fist of Nod, Cabal, and a couple of others perhaps. (Not the Scrin. And by 'Not' I mean 'Definitely'. And by 'Definitely' I mean give me $20.)

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberian Odyssey's release date makes me want to cry deeply.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Release date? We never intended to release Tiberian Odyssey, it's always just been something we wanted to show people every now and then.

It's still being worked on heavily and an update is on the way!

MrTweek
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Code:
 We never intended to release Tiberian Odyssey

Anyone has pointed October 2012 (first release) =/ is that realistical? =)

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would very much hope to be able to put out a release in late October, since most of the buildings are complete, units are reasonably balanced (although this is something which is constantly being revised).

Once we have beta 2.21 finalised we'll be diseminating it to a couple of mappers, hopefully, and that'll have us covered for at least a passable roster of skirmish maps and at least a glimpse at missions.

Of course the snow theatre is the largest outstanding single piece of work to do, although it is somewhat usable in its current state (it doesn't have an entirely complete cliff set, some lats are required, urban environments are incomplete).
Completion of the snow theatre may be pushed back to post relase, although it'd be nice to have it complete enough for some wilderness maps.

At this point I'm still hopeful for October.

MrTweek
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Every Day im looking here for new Stuff, news and (perhaps the DL-Link xD)
Hmm a few years ago im first reading infos and seeing Screens of this mod.
Laughing

What worse the Main intention to develop a mod in this Size?

Vladimir
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
I would very much hope to be able to put out a release in late October, since most of the buildings are complete, units are reasonably balanced (although this is something which is constantly being revised).

Once we have beta 2.21 finalised we'll be diseminating it to a couple of mappers, hopefully, and that'll have us covered for at least a passable roster of skirmish maps and at least a glimpse at missions.

Of course the snow theatre is the largest outstanding single piece of work to do, although it is somewhat usable in its current state (it doesn't have an entirely complete cliff set, some lats are required, urban environments are incomplete).
Completion of the snow theatre may be pushed back to post relase, although it'd be nice to have it complete enough for some wilderness maps.

At this point I'm still hopeful for October.

Ah, this is music to my ears.

nova
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hate to do this, but I was wondering if you all are still alive. D:

I really like the looks of this mod, but every thing is so quite it has me a bit worried.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I hadn't been aware when I set October as release month that October was also hand-in-all-the-assignments-and-sit-exams month too. So in my vanshingly small amount of spare time I have been putting together assets and trying to get things as well fleshed out as possible by the end of October. Morpher has been doing much the same. Lord Cesare has been helpful enough to grace us with some of his mapping, which also has helped me to work out what is missing from TO in terms of embelishments. Some scenario missions have been drafted out. Units are getting their final overhauls and fixes, Nod is getting a few new graphics, Tiberium is being given a new SHP, the snow theatre is being given a bit of love.

In all of this, I have not had time to post updates. I would like to go through every unit's topic updating graphics/stats/names to be current, but that won't happen this week. I still want to release something by the end of October, but it may be a nearly map free release. I will investigate community maps and see whether there are a good number which wan easily be converted to TO's gamemodes.

Speaking of which, the CTF mode still needs further testing, probably online, so I will also need to look into CnCNet.

TL;DR: I'm working on it, Morpher's working on it, things are getting done. Probably a release by October's end, 8 days from now. Probably only a very few maps.

Want to get in early/help us release at all?
-TMP help in getting the snow theatre done
-Map help upping the number of maps

Want to help, but delay the release?
-General community input. All the topics are open, and discussion is welcome.
-Donate assets!

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WTF CTF mode? awesome. Is this like RA2/YR CTF or are you guys somehow resurrecting Mobile HQs? o_O

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We're still testing how we want CTF mode to play, after revising all the previous gamemodes we had we realized they're all mainly just very slight variants of Deathmatch mode which isn't all that unique, so wanted to make sure CTF does play differently. The obvious goal is to capture the enemies Flag, but we've tossed around making it so you can only build small sized Renegade-esque bases, at least in the current version. It's highly prone to change but we'll be including it in some shape or form.

As usual though, any suggestions or ideas are welcomed.

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please use Hassan's epic Viper.

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By the end of October? THIS IS EPIC!!

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
Is this like RA2/YR CTF or are you guys somehow resurrecting Mobile HQs? o_O

RA2 and YR had a Capture the Flag mode!?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He means Assault created by Cannis where players each had flags that if destroyed caused them to lose the game. The issue is that you can't "pick up" flags but you can still replace MCVs with Mobile HQs or something similar.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 6 [276 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon