Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:20 am
All times are UTC + 0
about faction design strong/weak point.
Moderators: Holy_Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject:  about faction design strong/weak point. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI : Like what you know in C&c, GDI still have brute force. heavy armor but slow. they are the best in face to face battle. and have some well base defense. gunpowder missile cannon shell, i think this's real reason that make you love them!

**RSS** GDI faction has designed for player who like to play in close combat.

--------------------------

Nod : Another C&c side for who love to be "bad guy" [ isn't it?] and like to use some weird / experimental weapon, this faction is all about surprise attack.they may have very poor armor but in fact they can do serious damage to enemy in only few second before they know what happen!

**RSS** Nod faction has designed to play with hit and run /surprise tactic but if you still want to play some face to face battle this side still support you to do but dont hope it'll good as GDI.

--------------------------

before talk about Federal

First my original faction,for who bore GDI/Nod battle,this faction is 1 reason that make me don't want to put "Tiberian" in the front of my mod Name, with original universe everyone know it limit you to put many thing on them without damage them,new original faction is 1 reason. that's i need to rewrite the story of them. you can ask me "why don't you make ROS as completely apart from Tiberian base" , i'll answer "because i want GDI and Nod in my mod" that's all..

Federal [aka Orbital Federation] :
my most challenge and fun to design faction in ROS is Federal because i want this faction play different from both two as YR engine support me to do, to fulfill that goal i need to change some rule that we live in every c&c game. that's unit class system! MBT Artillery Heavy Battle Tank [don't you bore it?] i dont know it will success or failed and make the side end up like previous faction but it challenge isn't it? "Mjolnir" is one example unit you might ask me why this unit can pare as MBT it should be Artillery unit in T2 or something like that. but thing i want to do with this faction that's make the unit have unique in it self rather than fix abilities in their class.

**RSS** most Unit have unique abilities in it self , a bit weak ground force but strong air force and good with long range weapon.

don't get of me. i dont mean to ROS will evolve RTS game play or something epic like that but i just want to test some my idea since full Shp mod , Air unit Shp and now new rule of unit class design with limit of game engine.

compare side in class of RPG Game
- GDI = Knight
- Nod = Assasin
- Federal = Ranger/Archer

some of most important Federal building have been ported.that's mean Complete % has increase.

End..

------------------------------------------
Ok say long enough when it release!!?
- i have ever plan about GDI beta but in my mind that isn't form what i want to release because it doesn't present anything new but TS and my idea isn't present, true... modding is just hobby but i feel sorry about that.
however i change the plan back to what it want to do in first, i'll point finish all 3 main faction and i promise it'll release for sure.and now i working on it like mad because i have too much free time. #Tongue

[i don't know will you understand what i said but i'm sure this's one of longest topic that i write with English but thank you to read this] Very Happy

Last edited by Holy_Master on Sat May 09, 2009 3:31 am; edited 2 times in total

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome. And whaddya know, I love being Rangers/Archers in RPG games. The OF's caught my eye permanently. Good luck with your mod, and epic explanations of the factions to clear things up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon