Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Through the Canyon
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [53 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
St0rm
Laser Commando

Location: eating cheese sticks at my new laptop, getting constipated

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject:  Through the Canyon Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I walked through the white hallway with doors leading into various chambers in this research center. As I walked briskly, I took quick, fleeting glances into the little windows showing the other side of the door. The other scientists weren't doing as important tasks as I. I began to take out my Level 3 security clearence card and walked towards my door to the section of this facility I was supposed to be in. I reached the door and swiped my card on it. A small keypad was produced and I entered the 4-digit password.
"Fingerprint identification required." came EVA's electronic voice.
I put my thumb on the scanner until it beeped.
"Fingerprint identified -- welcome Dr. Ignatio Mobius."
I walked into the large room where the other scientists were waiting. I took slow, silent steps and took my place next to Dr. Tyler Kinta, my Tiberium research assisstant. We were viewing a rare Tiberium subject, a Tiberium floater (submerged in a water chamber),found 7 miles west of Samoha, near an oasis in Samoha's small desert that extends to the edge of the evergreen forest. The evergreen forest near Samoha is the largest man-made forest ever and covers a distance of eleven miles that the city pays citizens to water 3 times a day. The forest was planted before the desert formed and has been maintained for 94 years, as long as Samoha has been thriving. Now the desert is part Tiberium-infested and the civilians are worried it might spread to the forest, but that will take a while because tiberium doesn't grow fast in deserts. The Tiberium part of the desert contains large quantities of Tiberium and veins. There is a lot of fona arouns that area which is why Nod put propoganda efforts onto it (see "Attack On Samoha") and captured it. near the veinhole is where we found our second Tiberium creature to experiment on -- the Tiberian Fiend, which Dr. Dremen Fiche and Dr. Telan Midden were viewing. Our last creature to experiment on was a visceroid, the most common. We had to get the visceroid from near Samoha, too because that's where the tiberian creatures are most docile, the place seems to attract them. Dr. Denero Chapman and his assisstant, Dr. Hinta Jives were viewing that creature.
When Dr. Kinta noticed me he smiled.
"Glad you couuld make it." he told me, keeping his eyes fixed on the creature.
"Yes, well I am a very busy man, you know, but I wanted to see your findings." I replied, also keeping my eyes locked on the floater.
"Very well, I will give you the filesf what we have found out so far." he answered back.
"Very well." I repeated.
Dr. Kinta turned around and walked towards his desk to get the files. I started humming "Into the Ocean" by Blue October when he came back with a folder marked 'classified and handed it to me.
"Nice song."
"Yes, it reminds me of the ocean, and it relaxes me."
"Well read these files and get back to us to tell us which experiments to run."
"Okay, I will." I said with a smile then turned around and left the way I came.
I walked through the white halls while thinking of painting them green and turned right at the end of the hallway. I looked at the document I held now thinking of what it could do in the wrong hand. How many people could be hurt? What things in here could be used against us? and more unsettling thoughts. I turned left. I was now in the hallway with doors leading into the scientists' break room and the cafteria for the GDI officers and soldiers guarding this facility. It also lead to the men and womens' bathrooms. My destination was the break room, where I could have a cup of coffee and a doughnut and read secret files on the subject of Tiberian creatures. I opened the door with the slightest of ease and proceeded to get the said items. I sat down and opened the files.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visceroid
Order: Tiberius
Family: Riparius Lamciphodus
Type: Tiberian Creature
Method of reproduction: Transmogrification
Precedent: Human + Tiberium --> Visceroid
(Strong Human + Tiberium --> Mutant)

Description: The visceroid is the most common Tiberian creature and first appeared as rolling balls of goo during the First Tiberian War; these were labeled as 'baby visceroids' when officials realized that when two baby visceroids combine together, they form a much deadlier, more aggresive adult visceroid. Adult visceroids will eat anything in their path that is organic or tastes good to them, but they prefer to eat meat. Visceroids can live for 3 days in water, and a year without Tiberium. A normal visceroids' lifespan is about 45 years. Visceroids secrete their waste through their slime they constantly make and attack victims by swallowing them whole.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I flipped to the next page to read it. I already knew most of this stuff, but I was stille learning.
Tiberian Fiend
Family: Riparius Cannus
Type: Tiberian Canine (Dog + Tiberium --> Tiberian Fiend)
Method of Reproduction: Mating

Description: Tiberian fiends have Tiberium crystal growing out of their backs whicgh makes them hard to spot in the Tiberium fields they sleep in. They often get angry at Harvesters for bumping into them or for accidentally harvesting their back crystals. Fiends are actually dogs that strayed into Tiberium fields and mutated from their curious nature. Tiberian fiend can shoot the crystal off their backs at high speed into the victim. Tiberian fiends tend to roam alone or in pairs. Unlike dogs, Tiberian fiends do not eat meat, but grass or Tiberium crystals. Tiberian fiends also sleep more than any other animal with the exception of the housecat.
I still wasn't learning much, but then again, they were mysterious creatures, because they are so hard to catch.
Tiberian Floater
Family: Vinifera Gellious
Type: Tiberian Jellyfish (Jellyfish + blue Tiberium --> Tiberian Floater)
Method of Reproduction: Pollintion, cross-pollination

Description: The Tiberian floater is an extremely rare because only jellyfish washed up on the beach into patches of blue tiberium can form a Tiberian floater. It is often a dare that causes kids to catch a jellyfish and throw it into a patch of blue Tiberium, which often grows near the coast and near volcanoes. The only reason jellyfish mutate is because of their simple structure, they readily accept the change that Tiberium brings which is why we just turn into visceroids or mutants when we mutate. The mutation always turns the creature into a sinpler form, but beacause the jellyfish is so simple, it forms a complex Tiberian creature. The Tiberian floater is capable of releasing powerful electric shocks on the victim it is attached to. Tiberian floaters can also release toxic Tiberium gas that mutates any human not in a chem suit into a visceroid. Floaters will eat practically anything organic.
I closed the folder and licked the doughnut crumbs and icing off my fingers. I though about what I had read. It turned out I knew most of the stuff, but I still learned more, which is all that matters. I decided to talk a walk, but first I had to drop off the folder to my assisstant. I left the break room and headed back towards the experimentation room where they were waiting. I took out my keycard again. I opened the door to the waiting scientists. I gave the folder to Dr. Kinta.
"Anybody up for a walk in the fresh air?" I inquired.
"Unlike you we are very busy." replied Dr. Chapman.
"Who wants to walk in the desert?" came Dr. Midden's answer.
"I do." I answered back.
"Well I don't want to go for a walk." answered Dr. Jives.
"I'm too busy." said Dr. Kinta.
"Ditto." answered Dr. Fiche.
"Fine, I will walk alone, by myself, with no one else with me." I sulked.
"Have fun." said. Dr. Kinta, smiling.
I frowned.
"Wait, you still have to tell us what experiments to run." Dr. Midden piped up.
"Whatever you think of."
With that, I left and wlked down the hallways to the lobby. Where the receptionist, Julie Ripken was sitting at the front desk, looking over her files. I got a bottle of water from the vending machine and began my walk outside around the dome-shaped research facility. I opened my water bottle and took a sip. I walked my usual route around the building, but stopped when I saw a rather large dustcloud to the north. I went back into the building and got my binoculars so I could get a closer view. To my surprise a squadron of attack bikes and attack buggies cam into view. I ran back in.
"The Brotherhood Is coming!" We nee evac helicopters, APCs, anything!" I screamed in despair.
"Oh, no! I'll alert GDi officials right away, but it would take 2 and a hlaf hours for a GDI defense force to come and counter-attack." came Julie's reply.
"Why?!?!" I asked angrily.
"No one though the Brotherhood would find this place."
"Well they did."
"You and the other top scientists can take the jeep in the garage, here's the keys."
"Thank you."
I then ran into the door where the other scientists still were. I entered the passcode once I swiped my keycard then put in my thumbprint.
"Everyone, drop what you are doing, the Brotherhood is coming!" I yelled.
They were busy trying to measure the ever-changing visceroid's shape. They willingly dropped everything, though and followed me into the garage. I turned the key in the ignition.
"It's out of gas!" I screamed.
"I'll fill it up!" answered Dr. Jives.
Once she did, I opened the door of the garage and sped out with Dr. Chapman on the machinegun and the rest huddled together in the back with Dr. Midden next to me. I saw the facility starting to take artillery fire and the GI's were firing for their lives. I saw three buggies gaining on us.
"Dr. Chapman, take those buggies out, NOW!" I ordered frantically.
The roar of the machinegun started and the first buggy burst into flames while bullets pierece the sand beside us. I would take Angel's Pass, a small canyon, 7 miles south of Samoha through Nod territory into GDI territory then finish a 17-mile trip to the GDI-held town of Dellaria. Angel's Pass was filled with the docile Tiberian life usually found near Samoha. It was also bumpy with small sand dunes, which atracted daredevil college students that loved thrill rides. Today, though, it would be empty; college is in session. I flew over the sand dunes at over 90 mph. A second buggy came up right next to us and started firing into the jeep's now empty chairs until Dr. Chapman shot both driver and shooter while we passe the empty buggy. One more buggy to go.
"We'll get him in the pass!" I yelled over the roar of the machinegun.
Dr. Chapman gave me a thumbs-up. The last buggy was too far away for either of us to get a good shot at each other. We practically flew over a sand dune and into the Angel's Pass, where we passed so many Tiberian creatures, I lost count. There were mainly visceroids; probably 'staring' at us. I clocked in at at least 100 mph over the bumpy terrain. the last buggy just entered the canyon and blew out our hind left tire. I stopped the jeep.
"What are you doing!?!?!?" screamed Dr. Jives.
"Defend the jeep until either we get the spare on, or Dr. Chapman gets a bead on that bastard!" I commanded.
I pulled the canvas off the spare tire and yanked it off the back.
"Here he comes!" Dr. Chapman yelled.
We jumped behind the jeep while Dr. Chapman handled the last buggy.
"I better get a medal for this." Dr. Chapman replied in lieu of our antics.
I heard a boom and a piece of flaming debris flew overhead. We looked up and saw a flaming buggy and crew.
"And that's how you win a medal." I said.
Dr. Chapman smiled.
We finished putting on the tire and discarded the old one.
"Now, let's go home." I finished.

This is my 5th story I think; I am on a hot streak! Smile

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why don't you pool your efforts and take the time to write a bigger story.

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

because I have the attention span of a flea

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe you should rectify this....

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is there to correct (besides how short the Tiberian creature information is)

Apex
General

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know that the Tiberian Fiend isn't a canine and the Floater isn't a jellyfish.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you put more work into it peole would have less to criticise, as it is this story has incorrect tiberium information, scientists in a jeep taking on armoured recon vehicles and some sloppy punctuation and grammar. What is your obsession with that obne town anyways? I know you might live there (guess) but don't set every story you write there.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it, just fix the spelling misakes and continue the story. Smile

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I usually like to start a story by 'arousing' one of the senses. Rather than having go straight into "I walked into the hallway", strt by writing about the sound his boot makes as it hits the tiles, and how it echoes throughout the hallway.

THe part where he descirbes the forrest sounds more like he's Morgan freeman narrating a documentary than a guy just thinking in his head. Maybe have some people he walks by talk about it? Or better yet, Have some guy giving a presentation explain where the floater was found.

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

okay, in order (I think)
@Apex and Lt. Albrecht: Everybody's a critic, some just more rude than others
@0warfighter0: Thank you, I realize there are spelling mistakes, I did this when I was really tired (needed caffeine Very Happy )
@DaFool: This is my writing style; everyone should have a different one (no offense intended)

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
some just more rude than others

I could be a lot ruder. Fact is I just hate sugar-coating things. Straightforard, ok? I've offended a lot of people in my time, most of them I really don't care. But if it takes 30 seconds of typing to avoid another and I've got nothing I'd really rather do? ok.

I'm not going for you personally, just bad luck ad a problem with effort. I'm lazy myself, difference is I don't share my half-assed stuff with the world Wink Give it a little polish and a bit more time and it wouldn't be tha bad.

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just meant Apex, you are a nice guy, Apex has been giving me crap. I hate little pricks that think they can constantly push me around like he's been trying to do

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I know that the Tiberian Fiend isn't a canine and the Floater isn't a jellyfish.

He's quite right. Check out some of westwood's old docs and concepts. That's the truth.

Nobody'll give you crap for nothing here, unless they're retarded. As a rule of thumb anyonewith ar ank of commander or general is ok. Every rule has exceptions. Talking about rules why is carno's account still banned? I mean he's served his time. at least let him have his e-penis back.

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't care, this isn't Apex's story -- it's mine

Apex
General

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

St0rm wrote:
I just meant Apex, you are a nice guy, Apex has been giving me crap. I hate little pricks that think they can constantly push me around like he's been trying to do

Okay listen, if you think helping you out with facts is being a "little prick" then go drown in a pool of ztyping politically correct preschool books.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I don't care, this isn't Apex's story -- it's mine

It's WW/EALA's backstory, stop changng their stuff! :O

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Apex: I refuse to make enemies online, if you don't like me and want me to do the same, meet me in person, otherwise you will have to realize that I am tired of fighting 2 battles and by stepping off, you neeed to realize I'm the bigger man.
@Lt. Albrecht: This story is whatever I want it to be not whatever Westwood wants it to be. If they want to sue me for copyright, they can.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Except your the one "making enemies". He did just state facts. There's nothing personal in his posts, just criticism which is what happens when you share work with anyone (or in this case, everyone).

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No I meant in all his posts replying to me he has criticized me (Forum: Say one nice thing about the person above you)

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're a waste of time... I was trying to stop somethingl ike this happening.

By the way if you base this in westwood's universe you're obliged to use westwood's rules or be criticised.

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't care what people think of me, so long as I care about myself (and I do Cool)

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well done jackass? You think I care about you and your opinions? not really, I just care how it affects me. Know what happened to the last shitfest I got involved in? Let me ask you. Do you like marmalade?

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't tasted marmalade, and I am sorry about that 'shitfest' I am glad Aro deleted it. I have done a lot of things I am not proud of, but I have no regrets. Things like that happen for a reason. Until one of us realizes our mistake and moves on, this will keep happening. I am moving on. Please do the same. If we can't get along, please let's just not talk to each other Sad

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then you'd need to move on much further, if you want to create something good, you need to listen to other people's critisism... Confused

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hahaha, I've done things I'm not proud of, the point is to keep 'em with you to remind you not to do them again. The point isthe forum ain't like real life where you can leave or not talk to someone. By it's very nature it is public. Stuff gets resolved or festers until it does.

I said something simple, easy to resolve. You've turned it into a problem. There's no macho BS here about conceding defeat. use the internet, switch the stuff I commented about earlier and say you're sorry to Apex for calling him a jackass. Stuff's bee fixed and we can all move on. Clean and simple. The other option is we go throught he whole convoluted process and end up in a similar situation. I can't be bothered to go that way, so let's take the first option, ok?

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can say sorry to you but I just can't say sorry to Apex (I don't think I ever called him a jackass) I know this is public and we must learn from mistakes. I do that with everyone I meet. I just don't like Apex for the posts he made against for no reason in the forum "Say something nice about the person above you" (pretty ironic) Laughing

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

There, and say something nice was destined to be used for underhanded insults since its inception pretty much.

Apex is not a "little prick" by any means, and judging by response he has the same high esteem for you.

Anyways, either this gets patched up or festers, festering is no good for everyone.

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just said "little prick" because I really don't like cursing, it just makes things worse (yes I know that also did, but it's better than calling him a jackass) I actually don't know if he is little Laughing

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Judging by his choice of firearm I think not. Last I remember he had a high-caliber pistol like a Taurus or (ugh) desert Eagle.

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

M1911 Pistol? or some Tiberium-future-pistol?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Real life pistol he actually has. It was chambered for something between .357 magnum and .50 Action express.

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not much of a gun person... just a writer... sort of... Confused

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

.357 magnum is the gun from half-life 2 that 1-hit KOs most enemies.
.50 Action express is a hangun bullet half an inch wide, like a .50 cal heavy machinegun, but a bit different.

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...okay Surprised Shocked

Apex
General

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The desert eagle isn't in just the shit .50 AE 7 round clip. There are .357, .41, and the .44. I don't know why everyone sees Desert Eagle and thinks OMG FIFTY AY EE!

BTW whose pistol we talking about?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yours. Yeah, DE comes in .45 ACP, .44 magnum and .357 magnum. Standard one is .50AE though #Tongue

Apex
General

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh that would be my baby the Jericho 941 with .41 AE ammunition. Ammo for it is a bitch to find.

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AE=? Confused

Apex
General

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Action Express

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any pistols with AP bullets (I actually know what AP stands for)

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, action express are rounds for pistols made by Action arms inc.

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

okay I have no idea what that means. You and Apex can keep on goin in this topic if you want. I'll just sit back and learn Smile .

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Action Express is a brand of ammo, like Heckler & Koch are a brand of gun or Ford is a brand of car.

ersonally where this shoddy government to let me own even a semi-auo weapon in the future it'd be a 5.56 mm(NATO standard round, the one the M16 and stuff use) G36c (C for commando or carbine, basically short).

I'd also get myself a 9mm pistol with some hollow points. G36 in locked cabinet, 9mm in bedside drawer taped/in attatched holster to upper side so it isn't obvious, anybody robs me and my accuracy at short range won't matter when have a doze rounds to throw at them, in fact I might go for a smaller round to save mess and being branded one of those murderous gun nuts were something to occur. a little .22 target pistol, hurts like hell but won't kill unless you're really unlucky.

Unfortunately, sod all chance of that happening (stupid government).

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They vary, some states wil let you one an AK with full-auto, in fact it's legal as long as the gun is "grandfathered" and not sold #Tongue

Others won't even let you have a mag-loading pistol IIRC.

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why don't you go to a place where semi-automatics are legal, buy one, then go back to your house. Is that legal?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nope, you aren't allowed to import firearms into the UK #Tongue It's about as allowed as accidentally leaving behing a primed grenade...

Unless you're registered, then it's about as smiled upon as selling niche sporting/gamekeeping/pest control equipment.
There are 2 classes of license. Shotgun and firearms.
Shotgun you're allowed a limited number of weapons of shotgun typew ith a max of 3 rounds capacity.

Firearms you're allowed 9 rounds max capacity and rifles. No pistols, no semi autos/autoloaders.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I realized something about the advice I gave you. I begin every story of mine with water dripping, footsteps, or someone watching the smoke rise out of a cigartee.

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That raises suspense but if you continue it without any action, the viewer goes away.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not true, you can have thought pieces, conversational pieces, philosophical pieces, etc etc.

I don't like starting my character in the middle of an action scene either, rather a lead up to one. Rather than being all like "pew pew, the bullets sounded as they whizzed by my head, and I knew I only had 3 bullets left, and there were four gunmen...." I'd rather start it off with the guy sleeping in bed, being awoken by the telephone. I think you can connect to a guy a little more who gets annoyed when he is woken up. That shoot out is put a couple of scenes later.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon