Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:09 pm
All times are UTC + 0
noob on ra2
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
UberSoldat
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject:  noob on ra2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have some experience mapping for ts

i want to make a map for ra2 (singleplayer)... but i have a big problem

i used the forum search tool, i looked in google but i can't find how to make garrison buldings for the enemy !

it's that possible? how?

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never did it, but I think I remember seeing a trigger event that did it.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: garrison buildings Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes it is possible. this is something i was told:

creating a new GI-only TaskForce, a new Script that consists only of 64,0 / 49,0 / 6,1 , and attach them to a TeamType that's used often, like 08DA30EC-G.

ill have to search post that I made to see if there is more to the description. I have a single player campaign in the progress and I have created my own ai file, this is what i did:

**** NOTE ******
the numbers with * next to them are from my AI file. Change these to something you can use. The taskforce units are from my AI file. These are not in the RA2/Yuri game so you will have to change these to something you have in your rules that can occupy buildings. Also the house is specific in my AI so that is something you will have to change. I suggest getting DCoder's AI Editor

Taskforce

* [0130POLK-G]
Name=Polish Occupy
0=6,POLI
Group=-1

Script

* [0150POLS-G]
Name=Polish Occupy Buildings
0=64,0
1=49,0
2=6,0

team

* [0126POLT-G]
Name=Polish Building Occupy
VeteranLevel=1
MindControlDecision=0
Loadable=no
Full=no
Annoyance=no
GuardSlower=no
House=Alliance
Recruiter=yes
Autocreate=yes
Prebuild=no
Reinforce=yes
Droppod=yes
UseTransportOrigin=no
Whiner=no
LooseRecruit=yes
Aggressive=no
Suicide=no
Priority=5
Max=1
TechLevel=0
Group=-1
OnTransOnly=no
AvoidThreats=no
IonImmune=no
TransportsReturnOnUnload=no
AreTeamMembersRecruitable=no
IsBaseDefense=yes
OnlyTargetHouseEnemy=no
Script=0150POLS-G
TaskForce=0130POLK-G

trigger
0127POLG-G=Polish Occupy,0126POLT-G,Alliance,2,4,<none>,0000000003000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,30.000000,30.000000,30.000000,1,0,1,0,<none>,1,1,1

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Erm... Suicide must be ticked.

Have a new taskforce which consists of infantry that can actually garrison structures, set a new script for them and have them 'move to waypoint - X', waypoint X being placed on the civilian structure that is going to be garrisoned. When creating the team, be sure that suicide is ticked otherwise it's not going to work. That's basically it. Surely you don't need me to go into more detail on how triggers and teamtypes work.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: garrison Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, i don't have it ticked and it works just fine. what makes the difference on that? Not being rude, I am seriously asking a question, knowledge is power.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's the way to get it working following my option, yours is a bit more complex. Do not question the campaign God. #Tongue

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: garrison Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will if I want to, lol.....Ok, since you brought that up. I was just working on my campaign, have been more with the map and all. I went to test it and I just noticed that I do have that stuff I posted in my AI file. What I noticed is that the AI builds the units to occupy the buildings but they build so many to occupy. I destroyed their base and there were about 200 infantry evacuated the buildings. It slowed up the game for about 2 minutes than went fine. Any way of stopping the AI from building so much

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wouldn't be able to tell you now as my single-player mapping knowledge is really rusty, I'll test it myself and get back to you later.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: garrison Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought in RA2 the script action to garrison was scripting to attack the building at a given waypoint. In YR its different, there is a specific script action for it (which helpfully FA2 does not include and actively removes from maps!).

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not so sure, as I said I'm really rusty as I haven't made a single-player map in a long time, especially not for YR.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That'd explain the AI at the beginning of the game killing all of the buildings near its base in skirmish....

UberSoldat
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks a lot, it worked, but for make it working i had to check some sp maps from the original campaing and i noticed some details that maybe i was supossed to know...

1.- the action trigger must be "create team"
2.- it's not "move to waypoint" it's attack waypoint
3.- when creating the team, waypoint must be the one who is on the building

anyway thank you all Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon