Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:32 pm
All times are UTC + 0
A few of question
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject:  A few of question Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im making a mod using the ingame graphics (both ingame and unused) for me and my friends to play (we are going to each create our own fraction) but im a bit of a n00b so im going to use this topic to ask questions.

1 when making generals cameos is there any thing i should look out for or be carfull of?

2 are there any unused units/buildings i haved missed from the pic below excluding thoses that show up in world builder or are incompleat/unfinnished in some way?

3 how easy are some of the unfinished units/building to fix? eg the gla powerplant (great looking building only no skin) or the america jump jet plane [avstarlift_d]. (seen beta pics of it and it looks cool but there is no w3d file or no damaged graphics)

thanks in advance

PS: im happy to try and fix files and relise the fixes)

generals beta - Copy.png
 Description:
not to scale
 Filesize:  805.37 KB
 Viewed:  1786 Time(s)

generals beta - Copy.png

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have written a tutorial about camoes here:

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21669

Nothing to note really if you are just using ones that already exist. All you need to write the name of cameo where it asks you.

I haven't really played around with the hidden/disabled units, so you are on your own there. I guess the first step would be to add them so that a dozer can build them, and edit prerequisites accordingly, and then you'll have to hunt down any kinks that happen.

as for anything you have missed, the only one I can think of is that theres a destroyed mammoth tank model. There's also a bunch of 'soviet' buildings under civilian structures, so maybe you could edit those since some of them resemble military structures.

Oh yeah, there are UN stuff (humvee and foot soldier) and some partisians under civilian->infantry.

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks
havent found the soviet buildings or mammoth yet but i did find the beta, beta american wall.

another question if the icon shows up but the unit is unbuildable what does that usually mean the problem is

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, perhaps either the command button does not specify the correct unit (double check your spelling) or the unit's prerequisites are not met.

The soviet buildings are more of civilian buildings with some slight military visuals.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon