Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Command & Conquer 4 Announced
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 5 [212 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject:  Command & Conquer 4 Announced
Subject description: That's right.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Earlier Today, Electronic Arts announced that Command & Conquer 4 is in development at EA LA (Los Angeles) and will be ready at some point next year. C&C4 will apparently be the conclusion to the long 15-year Tiberium saga, in short, this will be the last Command and Conquer game ever. Check out the news here: http://www.commandandconquer.com/cnc4/pressrelease.html

Quote:
"Command & Conquer is a powerful franchise with an amazing 15-year legacy. We are thrilled to bring the dramatic Tiberium saga to a conclusion in Command & Conquer 4. This game is designed to give fans all the answers they've been looking for."
-Mike Glosecki, Lead Producer of Command & Conquer 4 at EA Los Angeles.

In the press release, EA briefly explains of the new innovations we can expect to see and play with, such as new class-based gameplay, mobile bases and persistent player progression throughout all game modes. We also get a very first look at the storyline EA will be using.

Quote:
The story of Command & Conquer 4 takes place after the events of the critically acclaimed Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars™. The year is 2062 and humanity is at the brink of extinction. With only six years left until the mysterious crystalline structure Tiberium renders the earth entirely uninhabitable, the two opposing factions - Global Defense Initiative (GDI) and the Brotherhood of Nod - inevitably find themselves in desperation for the same cause: to stop Tiberium from extinguishing mankind.

So what do we expect on July the 24th? The first C&C4 trailer will be released on their website and the same trailer will also air the night before (July 23rd) on Spike TV on the show Gametrailers TV.

You can view the entire press release here: http://www.commandandconquer.com/cnc4/pressrelease.html

Along with the press release, comes our first two official images released by EA Games, one exclusive to Gamespot.com.

Also, thanks to TiberiumWeb's Python for links and quotes.

Last edited by Aro on Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So it ain't generals :/

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Lost Angeles" Aro? #Tongue

Also,the bastards stole Desolation style.

OH NO THEY DIDN'!!!!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Best typo ever. Laughing

Fixed.

And FFS! It is and always will be OH NO HE DIDN'!! #Cussing out

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last C&C ever?

Moar like BUY IT ITS LAST EVAR LOLOLOL.

And 6 months later - a new game.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They never stated it was the last C&C ever, just the conclusion to TD/TS/TW.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oshog wrote:
Last C&C ever?

Moar like BUY IT ITS LAST EVAR LOLOLOL.

I think so to.

I don't think I'm going to like C&C 4... Confused

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks dune-ish

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

raminator wrote:
looks dune-ish

Actually, that's AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *ouch* *hurglh* mm...myyy heaartplug...

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never even played cnc3 =/

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gosho, its the last game in the Tiberian series. No more GDI and Nod. Thats it. This isn't the end of C&C.

I like the vibes it gives. that Mammoth Mark 2 Mark 2 is the sex, and holy shit... Nod has a Nazi bomber. Very Happy

need my speed
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No...This is the last game of the tiberium SAGA. That means, the CURRENT tiberium story will end. But anyne can think of new stories.

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just because the tiberium story may have ended doesn't mean it can't be retold in future in a more high-tech way.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ViPr wrote:
just because the tiberium story may have ended doesn't mean it can't be retold in future in a more high-tech way.

or have sub-stories. AKA Renegade like stuff. Small missions that happened during or between the major Wars between the factions for example.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think C&C3 had the potential of being epic as it deserved, but as usual EA has proven that they are completely unqualified as a team to work on such a title. The only thing I might be looking for in this new game is possible shadows of ideas WW had pinned out for the future tiberian games.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wanted to see Generals 2 tbh.CnC needs some more realism.

Gen 2 has the potential,IMO.CnC4 TBH makes me wanna go back to TS.

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is that... a recycled Tesla Tank?

ingame1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  104.6 KB
 Viewed:  13129 Time(s)

ingame1.jpg

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like a piece of crap dipped in chocolate to me. Razz

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Looks like a piece of crap dipped in chocolate to me. Razz

That's EA for ya!

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AltomareXD wrote:

looks to me like a recycled predator with a taped cardboard box on top, with robot arms that shoot magical rail guns

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it will probably be better than C&C3, slightly more advanced in appearance; more like TS than TD. This is pretty obvious with what looks like a crashed kodiak reference in that screenshot (although it is probably a MARV arranged like it), not to mention that almost all of those units are mechs, minus the quad-turreted tesla tanks. The atmosphere may therefore be more fitting as a sequel to TS, if we consider C&C3 to be a short, slightly discontiguous interlude... With the highlights of it, rather than its overall design and atmosphere, being of use for C&C4.

Can't really comment on properly without any more details though, but that they've mentioned a darker and grittier approach inspired by the original Westwood releases is a good start. Hopefully they will continue on this path, making the game exponentially grittier, to fit the apocalyptic atmosphere of TS and beyond.

Lastly I would mention that they really should work on more asymmetric maps, as this would particularly fit in with their 'strategic' approach to the game, as they have mentioned it. There should also be CABAL references, if this game is going to weave the overall storyline of the Tiberium saga into a cohesive whole.

Last edited by j4m3sb0nd on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:48 am; edited 2 times in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SaneDisruption wrote:
AltomareXD wrote:

looks to me like a recycled predator with a taped cardboard box on top, with robot arms that shoot magical rail guns

Mine was more poetic. PUNCH! #evil

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

awww poor awo is getting all upswet :3

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shut up or I'll rip your testicles off and make you eat them. Smile

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, i honestly cant say i believe you, but i bet you'd enjoy that a little too much xD

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing Oh it's on!

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now boys don't make me send you to your rooms lmao. Laughing

The mechs look cool except for the front of the Nod one, but the tanks look horrible I prey they change them.

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

those tesla tank thingies you mentioned are twilight tank designs ;P

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Funny I was re-watching this video.

EA is FINALLY going to make Tiberian Twilight.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sometimes a closer look is better...i zoomed the pic in and noticed on those "boxy tanks" that they aren't that boxy, , they are twin barreled chaingun vehicles, i guess you can utilize the predator chassis and upgrade it from the looks, to whatever unit you might want....i dunno but iguess it'll be that way, they aren't really looking bad, i kind of like them.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope it will be something worth playing,not like CNC3 or RA3.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

j4m3sb0nd wrote:
There should also be CABAL references, if this game is going to weave the overall storyline of the Tiberium saga into a cohesive whole.

And not to forget The Forgotten too Wink They only took up a small role in the Tiberium Saga compared to Scrin and CABAL.

need my speed
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How can we remember the forgotten? #Tongue

But yes, they should be in, there should be no expansion or such, since this single game must unveil Kane's plan, and EVERYTHING must be answered. Like, what is Kane? What was teh Tacticus, where did it came from, why was there a Scrin Ship in Tiberian Sun and Renegade, etc.

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last in the Tiberium universe, well done EA, let it die already

I think they have milked this whole "TIBERIUM WARS!!!!11!" saga to its death.

At least if they do release another crappy C&C game after CNC4 I will not be tempted to GIVE A DAMN Rolling Eyes

need my speed
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh but you're wrong. EA needs money. This is something like a market trick, or maybe not, but believe me, the tiberium universe will continue to exist. Only this story, the story that this saga covered, will be over. That's the only thing they said. But they can make up a new story, or simply make thousands of games covering new periods of this story. It's a clever tactic, but not a lie.

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:

I think they have milked this whole "TIBERIUM WARS!!!!11!" saga to its death.

If it's a franchise, you can be sure it does get milked to death. It's not really an EA thing exclusively. Bungie had Halo, Blizzard had Warcraft (check out that MMO which is blizzard's fave cash cow), Maxis had Sims, Ensemble had age of Empires, etc.

The EA stuff just gets more flak because people lurve to bash EA. It feels good to have something out there you can vent your anger on if something is not to your liking, even if you haven't even really bought the game yet (and hence didn't part with your money to begin with).

The white lady~!

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I get the feeling all those deaththreats to APOC worked... the more I hear about C&C4, the more it starts to sound like Tiberian Twilight.

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sindri wrote:
the more I hear about C&C4, the more it starts to sound like Tiberian Twilight.

yeah we had that impression when C&C 3 was in the making.
i bet they will end the story with more holes then swiss cheese.

i'm a bit supriced to see a new tib game so fast, EA must be having a bad year, and a game like CNC is money in the bank.

EALA is everything but loyal to the tiberium universe, not that anything is wrong with adding new ideas.
but they killed off pretty much everything the former games created, just to make a game so fast it takes some "pro" players under 5 mins to finish a game, why anyone would enjoy that is beyond me.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they are just copying what they see other companies do, trying to get into what they see as the best market. Also, I read that TW sold something 700,000 copies in the US, and that RA3 and KW did something like a third of that. I don't know if that was combined or indivual, but that is still alot less.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A crappy company taking a crappy take on an epic franchise.

Wiziwig
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This better not suck; my enjoyment for the franchise went down the shitter as soon as C&C3 came out, and I'm hoping this will be the one to get me back into it.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ugh the last game with a C&C spirit was RA2...

C&C is/was all about simple gameplay, about who can build the largest army first...or use their army in the best way not about "who can click on special abilities first"! The new C&C games are designed for competitive RTS players aka people who has played StarCraft and WarCraft 3 too much. These attempts at making a competitive game ruins the fun, I DON'T want to have 5 minute games....I want at least games which can take up to 30 min, RTS games are not FPS games!

Red Alert was not popular because it was "revolutionary" but because it was simple to pick up and play...RA1 was nearly all about tanks. Who could use a massive tank army in the best way, that was why RA1 was popular, not because it was "balanced" it was not because of anything "revolutionary" it was just about it's pace and simplicity...

C&C4 is C&C elements meets StarCraft and Universe At War...if I want a competitive game with special abilities for almost every unit I go play StarCraft, not a C&C game!

need my speed
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Indeed. I want interesting, long games. Not what we have now, memorizing build orders, oh, I play against Empire, I am Soviets, I should use BO-E1337 if I am on a water map, if not I should use BO-E404. I hate this competive play. Where's the fun in that?

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's fun if you're a tournament faggot.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TBH I wish they are going to throw this game into the garbage can.Period.

Got sick enough of ONLY TIBERIUM KANE SEXEH GIRLS LOLOLOLOL PEW PEW stuff.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be honest, I lost all interest in C&C after Yuri's Revenge (with exception to Generals as that can be pretty fun to play), but hearing that base building is being scrapped just destroys the point of Command and Conquer entirely. Base building was one of the most (If not the most) important things in C&C and now it's being removed? Ridiculous, though I don't plan on buying this, C&C3 (and KW) or RA3 at any point in time so It doesn't even matter. TD through YR were brilliant games and had the real C&C feel, and unfortunately no future C&C game is going to have that feel again... Oh well.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
To be honest, I lost all interest in C&C after Yuri's Revenge (with exception to Generals as that can be pretty fun to play), but hearing that base building is being scrapped just destroys the point of Command and Conquer entirely. Base building was one of the most (If not the most) important things in C&C and now it's being removed? Ridiculous, though I don't plan on buying this, C&C3 (and KW) or RA3 at any point in time so It doesn't even matter. TD through YR were brilliant games and had the real C&C feel, and unfortunately no future C&C game is going to have that feel again... Oh well.

No fear,PPM IS HERE!

Nah.Now on a serious note:Modders will kill this engines slowly,TBH.They are bad games,but they are OK as engines to mod.

But seriously,removing this,adding more of that idea of Counterstrike/WoW idea is making me sick.

CNC4 will be a utter piece of fail.I'd better make a petition to start working on Generals 2,I don't think that they can fail at this,its simply too stupid...

Generals was made to be realist.Those idiots cannot fail at this thing,for Christ's sake,its just copying some models and such,big shit.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No base building=/=CnC nuff said. I'll be expecting to see comments like,"RA3 is shit, CnC3 is worse and CnC4 is even horrible shit Confused "

But why don't they make a new Dune game if their CnCs are epic fails? Rolling Eyes

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&C4 will be fail. I guarantee it. They really should make a new Dune game. I really liked Dune 2000 and Emperor was okay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 5 [212 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!