Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:20 am
All times are UTC + 0
[Modded FA2:YR Map] Freezing Errors?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
crivexp2
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject:  [Modded FA2:YR Map] Freezing Errors?
Subject description: A modded map randomly freezes.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been working off and on with several multiplayer campaign-style maps (in the same style as FlyingZ) over the years. The latest one I've been building freezes at times for no apparent reason, but there's no internal error involved so I have no except.txt to show. I've also tried copying the map, opening it in notepad, copying all the triggers, taskforces, etc. from the original to the copy, and then playing it as any player, but the freezes still occur. I have no clue why though, as no triggers are set to fire and if the game is freezing because of something I do in game, it does so because of something different each time. The only possible reason I have thought of is that the AI gets confused and makes the game crash when I destroy one of their structures. Has anybody else seen/heard of this issue or have a solution for it? I'm attaching the *very* incomplete map.

crivexp_mission1.yrm
 Description:
Problematic Mod Map

Download
 Filename:  crivexp_mission1.yrm
 Filesize:  263.53 KB
 Downloaded:  163 Time(s)

crevio
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try removing your new particle system and see if it still does it. Useually freezing up is from lack of ram and cpu, most times do to animations.

crivexp2
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

crevio, thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't seem to work

I should probably have posted this earlier:
system specs;
intel core 2 duo wolfdale @3.00 GHz
4 GB DDR2 PC2-6400
Radeon 4670 video card with 512MB GDDR3 memory

YR runs under windows 98 compatibility mode
so I'm pretty sure animations aren't an issue.

I've also found a temporary solution to this issue by changing the
BaseUnit= tag under [General] to three random units instead of MCVs. I'm guessing the AI just confuses itself or something. I think I read a topic some time back (yes, I've been lurking for years) about the game getting an IE when no ore was present on the map, maybe that's the problem.

crevio
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So are you getting an IE or is the game just freezing up? and i dont think no ore on the map would cause a problem either. I,ve made plenty of maps with no ore, AI just goes broke and cant build anymore. There are alot of people here with more knowledge on this subject than I have, and I'mm sure one of them will be around to help you. just be patient! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon