Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:55 am
All times are UTC + 0
Engine talk
Moderators: Vefbl4
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 6 [271 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I kind off thouth about that.Capture the flag mode is nice,but instead of flag we use somekind of a box with some chemical stuff.First you find it on the center of the map and then hold it,for 3 minutes.And you win.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah like Gears of War 2 Submission mode, where there is a neutral guy you have to take hostage and bring him back to a designated (though random) spot on the map and hold him there for a few seconds.

Could also have like a King of the Hill mode where there is one capture point in the middle that you have to hold to gain points. First to a certain number of points wins.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We find the tacitus? win.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL, could do a mode where if you find and hold the Tacitus you get some secret uber weaponry.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could do that on Normal TS/RA2.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...yeah but then you wouldnt have the awesome LR universe around you.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use the Tacitus as the "flag" then...

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Raining back here... Heh. I told you what happens when I'm bored...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a little bit art deco. #Tongue

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AltomareXD wrote:
Raining back here... Heh. I told you what happens when I'm bored...

Thats basicly telling me to get out of the way eh? xD

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some ideas:

Cyborg assimilation plant.

Use a Cyborg Reaper to webb down enemy soldiers, then send a "infantry harvester" to capture and hold the soldiers within itself, then return to a Cyborg plant to unload them inside the building. There could be a modified dropship bay menu where you instead have options of which Cyborg type to convert each soldier into. The price is cheaper when done this way.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or the harvester could churn them out on the battlefield (though it would obviously take a few seconds to do so).

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This.

Untitled-2 copy.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  97.32 KB
 Viewed:  18596 Time(s)

Untitled-2 copy.png

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FAR too generic...

Think outside the box, you cant just put two fonts together and not think about the actualy theme of the project. Altomares at least has some type of C&C feel...

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alto´s would fit more a 20s/30s mod/tc

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper wrote:
FAR too generic...

Think outside the box, you cant just put two fonts together and not think about the actualy theme of the project. Altomares at least has some type of C&C feel...

Um,man.Think that Alto's looks more like a logo for Art-deco,whilst mine does have a slight relationship with this.

Show off something better before you start to comment #Tongue

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Both don't fit.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper is the best at logos, none of you will ever take his place. Razz

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like your idea Pepzi.

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Hyper is the best at logos, none of you will ever take his place. Razz

Still bored... I'm at school nao.

vertical.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  120.46 KB
 Viewed:  18529 Time(s)

vertical.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't like that huge text, and Deformat's is too generic.

MT
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will this engine allow TSLR to work easily on online (compared to the hassle of setting up that TS brought)?

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A bit early to tell?

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Question, will this engine allow TSLR have physics and support for more death animations for a single warhead, you know, to avoid that weird way that everyone dies in the same way #Tongue

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes.

Update.It needs some fixing.

nbmgbh.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.92 KB
 Viewed:  18398 Time(s)

nbmgbh.png

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

awesome work Very Happy

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehe, this is TS engine, only you can change it #Tongue

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i suggest you using 3d model for unit rater than shp or vxl. i want own RTS engine too but too bad my friend who's programmer don't want to make RTS game. - -"

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@holy: 555+ Why doesn't he want to help you Holy? #Tongue

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Holy:No,if people want a game in which 3D models are used,they may use TW.This is YR and its made to be 2D.

If it will be 2D,the only good thing he can do is to make it use unlimited pallete.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Deformat: ...dude...wtf? 3D models in 2D view, THINK TOTAL ANNIHILATION, THINK SUNAGE >.>

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Hehe, this is TS engine, only you can change it

What?

Quote:
@Deformat: ...dude...wtf? 3D models in 2D view, THINK TOTAL ANNIHILATION, THINK SUNAGE >.>

I thought they used voxels.

Also,I think there is too much stupid offtopic talk. Confused

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iirc, Total Annihilation was the first RTS to ever use 3D for all the units and structures #Tongue

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vefbl4 wrote:

Well,create a comment thread(For the whole mod,in which you can nag people when updates come to,lets say,the new engine) and a different thread in which you can post info about the engine,but keep it closed.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:
vefbl4 wrote:

Well,create a comment thread(For the whole mod,in which you can nag people when updates come to,lets say,the new engine) and a different thread in which you can post info about the engine,but keep it closed.

I agree.For now on this thread is for engine talk. Smile

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vefbl4 wrote:
Deformat wrote:
vefbl4 wrote:

I agree.For now on this thread is for engine talk. Smile

Btw,should the remap be oldstyled?(some parts of units and buildings are red,blue,etc.)

Or it should be the new way I was thinking about,like,making an arrow looking,remapble animation around the unit.

Or should it be the selection box with a remap?

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hard to say.. sometimes remap on part of a unit/building/whatever makes it look great..then again, sometimes it's just in the way.

I would like to see an ingame of your proposed new method(s) #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Old style, but let it blend in with the lighting. In TS, like you know, remapable units/buildings only get affected by the ambient lighting, not colourful lighting.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New style plox :3

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vefbl4 wrote:

Btw,should the remap be oldstyled?(some parts of units and buildings are red,blue,etc.)

Or it should be the new way I was thinking about,like,making an arrow looking,remapble animation around the unit.

Or should it be the selection box with a remap?

I think a combination of oldstyle and a remappable selection box would be good.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Old style.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the reason i suggest to make the unit as 3d [ 3d unit on 2d map ] because i though every people who know to use 3d program will know about 3d model can make easier than voxel or shp and it support 3d card! [who don't have it since today = =" ] .

in term of voxel you need to work on it pixel by pixel and check normal like mad [ok you can use 3d program to make it but it doesn't make sense if you can use 3d program why you need to use it just for making voxel? use it make 3d model and use it immediately isn't fatser and better?] and they texture detail doesn't look clean and clear as 3d texture. more than that if you still using isomatic view that can't pan or zoom camera. i can't see any reason to use ton of poly just for product some tank that have detail as voxel.

in term of shp finally you end up to make it from 3d program it's ok you don't need to care much about polygon but the main problem is the game can't show every detail you add even you make your infantry model look like epic make they model in Unreal tournament3 with that problem how different from shp and Lowpolygon 3d?. and 3d-->shp convert stage is something that wast my time so much not like 3d that you can animation compile and use it rightnow.

well it's just idea however it's your engine truly i have more reason than this but my English skill is too limit to explain it all but i still cheer you make the engine that display 3d unit in 2d terrain. just ask your self what the point you choose to using voxel if you even can make the engine support 3d model. #Tongue

@inzane krazy
you use 555+ instend LOL you can speak my language? [ number 5 spell in language "Ha" ]

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Holy: exactly what I mean Deformat.

I have Thai friends too you know xD

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good work with the shadows, it already shows similar lighting in landscapes as TS.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. Smile But this is the type of light we want to simulate.Its not the TS one. Razz

yerydhrtyh.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  154.42 KB
 Viewed:  17938 Time(s)

yerydhrtyh.png

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quite cool.I imagine doing streets this way,and I guess it will be really cool.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It does look as if the ground is lowered and raised from the lighting. An interesting effect.

Engine is promising.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can the light be centred on the cell borders only? A single building or a street which is on the cell would always have the lighting being a bit off.

sorry to come back to the remap discussion, but how about tinting the whole unit/building with the remap? This could be done for example in a shader (if you use one, which i would advice), where you simply change the color of a pixel and blend it with the remap color.

You could also specify a certain degree at which the remap blends with the unit, so it doesn't turns completely red/blue etc.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those shadows are not final.

I dont know nothing about shaders in 2d games. Smile Need more information about them.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How are you making this BTW?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 6 [271 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon