Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:47 am
All times are UTC + 0
Engine talk
Moderators: Vefbl4
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 6 [271 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh? XML, if used right is a very fast pipeline, and neater at that.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like XML, so long as the structure is like so:

Code:
<begin>true</end>

And not like:

Code:
<begin>

--headache code goes here--

</all>
            </the>
          </damn>
        </closing>
      </tags>
    </at>
  </the>
</end>

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unit and structure powers would be cool to see. Like in the design plan for the Forgotten in the old WW build of CNC3:

Quote:
The Forgotten had evolved to draw energies out of Tiberium directly in order to power their "unique" abilities. You can think of them like psionics and such if that helps (or even X-men lite), but they were going to have a lot of control over the battlefield and all the flora / fauna on it, as well as being able to negate a lot of Scrin powers via their abilities.

For tech, they used stolen GDI and Nod gear that they modified to their own ends. While not as strong as GDI or as fast as Nod, they were intended to be a very finesse-driven side, since your power pool for every ability on every unit and every production facility was shared (i.e. piece a unit together for 500 energy, or call an ion storm for 2500 energy, use ability X on unit Y for 1000 energy, etc.)

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't really mind not having "real" slopes, as long as there are bridges on hills that you can move your units below.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There will be no slopes. Since , it becomes necessary to do almost 72 different positions on each of slope direction. For every unit.

Thats a big pain in the ass and it really has no big deal.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vefbl4 wrote:
There will be no slopes. Since , it becomes necessary to do almost 72 different positions on each of slope direction. For every unit.

Thats a big pain in the ass and it really has no big deal.

I see. Well anyway, DTA has high bridges despite being flat terrain.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Having an Iron Curtain and Chronosphere SW logic would be a plus for those that want to make a Ra mod. IMO the Chronosphere should be like in the original Ra with "unknown side effects". Phase a unit from point A to point B and then after 2 minutes if the unit hasn't been destroyed yet it will phase back to it's original location. And the second part was the destructive Chrono vortexes that spawned at random locations sometimes when you've used the device.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Btw. I saw ones a strange black cloud in RA. Is this thing you are talking about?

What does it do?

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Move around and zapping everything on its way

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
Move around and zapping everything on its way

That.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its called a Chrono Vortex.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Chrono vortexes that spawned at random locations sometimes when you've used the device.

Un targetable strange cloudish objects which had a tesla weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PZYoV1pwF0

Looks different on PS1 though.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The chrono vortex is awesome. Well it should just suck everything in instead of zapping #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chrono Vortex on the PS1 is a colour changing cloud of death.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On PS1 it kind of looked like a blackish diamond thing that pulsated and changed shape slightly, wonder why it was different. However... I think we're getting off topic of Vef's Engine discussion here, sorry #Tongue.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I played RA on PS1 once, but I don't remember encountering a chrono vortex back then. Any pics/videos of the PS1 vortex?

Quote:
I think we're getting off topic of Vef's Engine discussion here, sorry

Both important subjects to discuss #Tongue

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I played RA on PS1. I saw that thing ones. Its look was so awesome, shape shifting and stuff.

I think it uses vescoroid(hunter-seeker) logic. And vescoroids were planed like a same thing. That makes players shit their pants. Appears on the map, growns and destroys your base.

Btw, that cloud can be defeated by attacking it? And pics of PS version?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PSX version uses a single cell shroud block for its shape, where as the PC version uses some nifty little rendering code.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper wrote:
PSX version uses a single cell shroud block for its shape, where as the PC version uses some nifty little rendering code.

Other way round... just to be pedantic #Tongue

But yea the chrono vortex on the PSX also looked much better.... colourful kinda like wen u hold a magnet up to an old CRC monitor

a few other things like iron curtain fx, teslas fx etc also looked better (more like RA2)

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because PS1 RA1 is better. #Tongue

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Red Alert 95 has a whole new logic for vortex, i dont include any of the DOS games if you mean them.

But its eather the PSX or DOS that uses a shroud drawing logic.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it had those shape shifting effect, right?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
But its eather the PSX or DOS that uses a shroud drawing logic.

Now that you said it, I barely remember something like a shape-shifting shroud in the PSX version. Or then it was in DOS, but it was cool anyway.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

could use both, I loved the rainbow death cloud. very inspirational. :3

I never figured out what the time quake was though :/

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me neither, it never occured to me.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm I remember the chrono causing

1. Chrono vortex
2. Randomly changing the vehicle which u chronoshift to something else (Like a light tank would randomly change to a medium tank)
Anyone else remember this second one or am i just going crazy ?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're going crazy #Tongue Would be quite interesting but unbalanced, think about a Ranger that turned into a Mammoth Tank x)

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Would be quite interesting but unbalanced, think about a Ranger that turned into a Mammoth Tank x)

would it realy be unbalanced? now think about your mammoth turning in to a radar jammer :p

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I forgot to mention that in Ra1 the Chronosphere and Iron Curtain killed the infantry inside the transports.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its because it was possible to make 5 engineers and chronoshift them to enemy con-yard. Unbalanced indeed.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's why there are walls. Smile

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It wasn't just that, it was part of the whole Philadelphia experiment -theme where soldiers would fuse with solid objects when chronoshifted.

Hmm, does the same flag, that allows/prevents demo trucks to detonate when chronoshifted, allow infantry to be teleported inside transports unharmed?

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
It wasn't just that, it was part of the whole Philadelphia experiment -theme where soldiers would fuse with solid objects when chronoshifted.

Indeed, I should have been more clear of what I meant... I didn't mean that as a complaint, I just forgot to include that specialty in my previous posts.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0warfighter0 wrote:
That's why there are walls. Smile

RA AI could not build those. I think? You could specify those with triggers, but thats all.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, the AI couldn't.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a new concept that would be cool: Tiberian Evolution

Basically you have fauna on the map that evolve into a new species after X amount of in-game time, and alternatively (or additionally) some event that triggers the evolution.

This is a gameplay concept that is planned to be featured in TS: Rising for C&C3.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would be a pretty cool concept. Could also do something where buildings can be taken over by Tiberium and damaged unless repaired or built onto concrete, similar to Dune 2000.

Could also do like fauna or green/blue crystal sludge stuff spreading up cliffs or transforming trees, even crystalising vehicles or buildings on the stuff.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Would be a pretty cool concept. Could also do something where buildings can be taken over by Tiberium and damaged unless repaired or built onto concrete, similar to Dune 2000.

Could also do like fauna or green/blue crystal sludge stuff spreading up cliffs or transforming trees, even crystalising vehicles or buildings on the stuff.

The sort of thing that C&C3:TW "Tiberium" was only explained to do(was never put ingame). I think that gameplay wise the Starcraft principle of the Zerg "creep", that is the living ground, could be applied, I guess it could even be compared to the veinhole veins in this sense. It would not have any specific central point that needs to be eliminated like it is with the veinhole monster or the base buildings of the zerg, but rather it begins where the mapper decides, several places even, and starts "crystalizing" the terrain, to use the TW definition, and all buildings and terrain objects and living organisms and vehicles alike that come in contact with it have special "affection/damage" frames that show them being slowly transformed into the crystal, maybe three frames each that display the different phases of crystallization.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Certain units merge to form a bigger and more powerful unit, like the Archon in Starcraft.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't really want to bump but any progress ? All of us would love to try this . Very Happy

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, there is progress.

Version 1.0 of the engine will be made with Gangsters mod RAll. And TS:LR with all those things I want to add will be 2.0.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice . And by nice I mean AWESOME . Hoping to hear more soon .

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome Chronotank.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool, yes. But IMO a Chrono device shouldn't be something you can carry in your portfolio. It should be big, heavy and bulky. Like the one in Ra Aftermath.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I dont really like it just sticking out there.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Yeah I dont really like it just sticking out there.

It should work the same as in ra aftermath with full recharge bar and deploy and select location. I like when the hi-tech element is NOT a luxury for the allies, which it was in Ra2 unfortunately.

Compare:

The only thing that makes this vehicle a chrono tank is simply that "dome" they stuck on top of it. Stupid design.

This looks more believable.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks very impressive.

WoRmINaToR
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
The only thing that makes this vehicle a chrono tank is simply that "dome" they stuck on top of it. Stupid design.

... and that's the reason why they scrapped that idea and put a target painting laser on the guardian tank...

Katz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how about this?

chinook_wip2_184.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.33 KB
 Viewed:  20235 Time(s)

chinook_wip2_184.png

chronotank_render_196.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.13 KB

chronotank_render_196.png

chronotank_wip2_737.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.89 KB

chronotank_wip2_737.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 6 [271 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon