Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:01 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Engine talk
Moderators: Vefbl4
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 6 [271 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

People, your all going offtopic, Vef is making a engine for hes mod, not for your mods. He will code up, or hes mate will code up whatever he needs.

If he kindly makes it Open Source, then code the new ztyping features yourself.

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why do you request something?
it´s their engine and they should at first only add what they really need...
everything else is useless weight...

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What Hyper and Rami said. This isn't some request thread.

Vef, the new engine looks nice.

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MT wrote:
Request:

1. Option to replace any 2d graphic with a 24 bit PNG with transparency.
(have them numbered for multiple frames)

That would be THIS

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Screw request then, they're just... ideas #Tongue Laughing

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks pretty sweet. Is it supporting multiple resolutions or is it fixed and windowed always? Also seems the sidebar is too thin unless you go for a one cameo wide bar.

As long as it works well and actually gets done it should be awesome. Hell you could sell it. #Tongue

Starkiller
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds good.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Looks pretty sweet. Is it supporting multiple resolutions or is it fixed and windowed always? Also seems the sidebar is too thin unless you go for a one cameo wide bar.

As long as it works well and actually gets done it should be awesome. Hell you could sell it. #Tongue

SHUT UP,don't give him ideas #Tongue

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:

SHUT UP,don't give him ideas #Tongue

lol, mind you Alex, them first, and then it's Vef's decision if he will let us use it or not. #Tongue

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Someone please comment something to what I said! I will attach the picture on the front as soon as photobucket quits stubborning and bickering about my login.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The concept was awesome, but I don't think it would be helpful. Seeing what's wrong with your infantry couldn't bother me less; I'd only care about their health bar.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True but you could just do a second health bar for Tiberium poisoning, basically just like the Protoss shield bar, except it fills up instead of decreases. It would make Tiberium a lot more dangerous. You wouldn't even be able to go near it, let alone in it then once the bar is full your infantry start taking damage every so often. Of course dudes wearing Tiberium proof suits (could be an upgrade) would be immune...

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something tells me there's more practical funtions to this feature beyond face value.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That reminds me, whether an infantry unit killed in Tiberium would spawn a Visceroid or not shouldn't be only either "yes" or "no", but instead a random chance.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually it sounds like a useful feature, after all tiberium is supposed to consume everything. It could be a "secondary life bar", when filled, the affected unit will start to take damage. So that way you could represent vehicles being slowly consumed by tiberium (giving them a huge value for it), and infantry dying in it quickly (since they have a low value for their resistance). It could be also used for tiberium based lifeforms and cyborgs, when their bar if filled they would start to heal.

Anyways this has nothing to do with vefbl4's engine, after all it's his engine, and not something for the community.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine wrote:
Actually it sounds like a useful feature, after all tiberium is supposed to consume everything. It could be a "secondary life bar", when filled, the affected unit will start to take damage. So that way you could represent vehicles being slowly consumed by tiberium (giving them a huge value for it)

This doesn't sound like the classic tiberium to me, have I missed something? AFAIK this sounds like the cryptonite-like tiberium that turns everything into more tiberium. Is that what you meant?

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It really is an awesome idea and a feature. Smile

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pepzi wrote:
Machine wrote:
Actually it sounds like a useful feature, after all tiberium is supposed to consume everything. It could be a "secondary life bar", when filled, the affected unit will start to take damage. So that way you could represent vehicles being slowly consumed by tiberium (giving them a huge value for it)

This doesn't sound like the classic tiberium to me, have I missed something? AFAIK this sounds like the cryptonite-like tiberium that turns everything into more tiberium. Is that what you meant?

Most vehicles aren't completely sealed off, especially when damaged.

TD and TS didn't have this, but TD and TS weren't really detailed on battlefield damage, were they?

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dare you to bring something near to the crawler in.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
i dare you to bring something near to the crawler in.

What's the point anyway? This wasn't done simply in the now-under-development C&C4 but also in Universe at War. It feels kinda like EA resorted to this as an excuse to compensate for their lack of creativity and originality.

Edit: There could be some lightbulb ideas coming from this, though. Like say, an alterante Scrin base gameplay or perhaps Cabal, who already loves to build large mechanical monstrosities. There needs to be a faction philosophy that fits this style.

Last edited by Pepzi on Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah but it was a dare.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please note:

OmegaBolt answered before I completed my edit.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or maybe MCVs just have weapons? The Crawler has to deploy to construct anything anyway, so its basically just that.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i played universe at war and the hierachy had a horrible gameplay imo...i couldn't work at all witht he never still standing base.

yeah i totally agree with the more personality for the factions, tough it would be also cool if they were more different than starcraft does their races, it wouldn't be a problem, it's just open mindet, still strategy.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well,all I can say now is that there may be a different logic in harvesting tiberium.

One team will have an ability to build a mobile harvester station that will collect tiberium using small robots,still that,the tiberium that is collected to the mobile station(slave miner) will need to be returned back to refinery using harvester or tiberium carrier plane.It is better since harvesters wount need to run around the tiberium field collecting it.

Different teams will have different unit updates and different update levels.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting.... #Tongue

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd say use factions.

One GDI/Nod faction is vanilla C&C.
One GDI/Nod faction is capable of moving some buildings.
One GDI/Nod faction has a Crawler-like unit, and can create defenses and refineries.
One GDI/Nod faction has one HUGE super building, like in Dark Colony.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had an idea of a small completely moveble GDI faction.It has only 6 tech levels but it can travel around the map with no problem leaving someone behind.

Btw what is "vanilla TS"?

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats an epic idea Shocked

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vanilla is normal.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks like Nod. The spidery shape and all.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm I don't think so. Mechs suit GDI more than Nod, Nod should be lower tech overall (using only a few elements of high tech stuff).

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Hmm I don't think so. Mechs suit GDI more than Nod, Nod should be lower tech overall (using only a few elements of high tech stuff).

Hey,dude,they have banshees,stealth tanks,cyborgs? Smile

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... Huge titan legs would look odd, right #Tongue

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make the legs less spiky and it should suit well

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont know about that.Because it is easier to burrow when they are spiky.

Last edited by Vefbl4 on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vefbl4 wrote:
Hey,dude,they have banshees,stealth tanks,cyborgs? Smile
That's why I said a few elements of high tech, though IMO TS was overboard and Nod was lame.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jesus christ no, ixo you crack me up, how the hell is this NOW innovative?!
i mean EA announces bullshit, literally.
now even haters of that mechanic wanna try a compromise into our shattered cnc realms by having a huge innovation called crawler....WELLL it isn't such a huge innovation because its ANNOUNCED RIGHT ztyping NOW HOW IT WORKS BY EA FOR THE NEXT CNC GAME!
so how about JUST WAITING FOR IT!?
seriously i feel now really relieved...and a bit like i farted a gigantic super mecha death christ 2000 bc ver. 5.01
hell yeah!

Edit: how the hell can you say nod in TS was lame?
it had friggin tick tanks wich could dig into the ground to be awesome!
i mean OK maybe just the concept sketches of the tank were just cool and stylish, when the ingame version looked a lot like these cubical pieces of crap wich were flowing with the liquid of recent vomit's, but who cares it was awesome!

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
i mean EA announces bullshit, literally.
now even haters of that mechanic wanna try a compromise into our shattered cnc realms by having a huge innovation called crawler....WELLL it isn't such a huge innovation because its ANNOUNCED RIGHT ztyping NOW HOW IT WORKS BY EA FOR THE NEXT CNC GAME!
so how about JUST WAITING FOR IT!?
seriously i feel now really relieved...and a bit like i farted a gigantic super mecha death christ 2000 bc ver. 5.01
hell yeah!

Wow....umn....okay, yeah...I kinda agree...

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:

Who's talking about innovative?

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

duuuh lookies, there is actually someone doing a whole engine for the purpose to be creative. but i wouldn't have known myself if it wouuuldn't be the title of the whole threat >_>#

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
wouuuldn't be the title of the whole threat >_>#

Yeah...#Tongue

I do hope the engine uses .inis #Tongue

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
duuuh lookies, there is actually someone doing a whole engine for the purpose to be creative. but i wouldn't have known myself if it wouuuldn't be the title of the whole threat >_>#

I'm just saying that the engine should be as "open" as possible, able to support anything from vanilla C&C to Crawler gameplay.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no crawler gameplay! think of something lese, something new! you know, you have a brain, why is everything tied to vanilla base or crawler? sure there is nothing there isn't it? IT IS !

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pre-constructed bases.

You build your base during X minutes of "cease fire".

Buildings can't be rebuild, but you can construct emergency-barracks and emergency-factories to soften your loss.

Of course, emergency buildings aren't as good as the real thing.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or the buildings automatically rebuild after a short period of time. Would be cool for a game mode.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pre constructed bases is a nice idea
also i'd like to see more diversion in everything between the factions, they should be very different in harvesting, building, and overall mechanic...

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Or the buildings automatically rebuild after a short period of time. Would be cool for a game mode.

Possibly add different gamemodes.

Like realism-mode, with preconstructed bases.

Arcade-mode, with regular C&C gameplay.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I would think having a load of different game modes like YR would be cool. That way you can have capture the flag and stuff like that. Prebuilt could be an option like "enable superweapons" is, rather than being restricted to a gamemode.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 6 [271 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon