Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:59 am
All times are UTC + 0
YR Red:Hour
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject:  YR Red:Hour
Subject description: yes another RA2 -> Zero Hour mod
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course heavily inspired by YR:ZH and the apparently cancelled AG:RH. The name is like YR:ZH because when designing the the Main menu and loading screen I had only a few minutes to come up with it. (I used the Photoshop in my tech class since I don't have it myself)

This mod does contain "ripped" assets and for more reasons than that will 100% positively NOT be released. Any screenshots I post are not directed at them but just happen to appear in it please do not get in a uproar. I don't want the massive fight that happened in April War's private mod's topic. My mod doesn't contain nearly that many ripped assets as his but does contain some, mainly due to my lack of skill and attention span to create the awesome GFX used by the community's mods and that the public assets leave my plan short on GFX as I usually plan first, mod later and worrying about getting the proper GFX first is just too much of a pain. As a note, I tend to act as if I'm making a private mod, it is just for show and mindset; I am presenting this to my real life friend and I'd like it to seem proffessional. I ask the community to remain mature and not over react to me using ripped assets and to keep in mind that when it comes to private mods the rules are different. Thank you.

Before posting please keep in mind the note above. I am leaving it to you to conduct yourself in a mature and constructive manner. If not, I will request that this thread be locked. This is a forum of ideas and suggestions, not insults and squabling.

More info to come soon. I will be testing my first alpha* with my friend tommorrow, Updates will come then. Editted in this post. (just for the intro)

If I feel up to it, I'll type out what my ideas are in a little bit.

*as noted in the paragraph above, this is mearly to sound for proffessional

For right now, I ask what are your views on the different factions and their battle tactics?

ra2ts_l.png
 Description:
Main Menu
 Filesize:  670.85 KB
 Viewed:  4394 Time(s)

ra2ts_l.png

Last edited by Darkstorm on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:45 am; edited 2 times in total

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

afaik, its okay to have some ripped assets so long its private... I could be wrong about this though, be careful man.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh, I put that since the whole thing on this topic. It is ok, at least banshee is fine with it. I just wanted to make people aware that I don't want them commenting or getting angry that there may be another mod's assets on a screen shot, I am just putting in there for flavor to balance the game out.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Changed thread name. I had two working names, YR Red:Hour and YR: Generals. YRRH was easier to appreviate and had more flare. For some reason I thought I named it YR: Generals. Anyhow, added the main screen pic.

Sorry for Double Post btw, I just wanted it make a second to show, first, that they are different topics (as in gists of your statements not a new section for posts) and also to show that it's an update.

Dark Templar X
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We have two of these slated for public release. Mine, YRTG, and geno's, YRZH. I don't think a private one would be that great, even with shit nicked from other mods.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also don't forget about YR: Generals mod. It's hosted at Revora.

And agreed with Dark Templar.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only reason I'm making a private one is:
1) I'm impatient
2) I have control over the Generals
3) I have control over the units

And to be honest, I've never seen YRTG or YR: Generals.

EDIT: No one seems interested and my schedule is very random so I think I'll let this thread die.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!