Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:14 am
All times are UTC + 0
Player Checking
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
trevor_madge
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject:  Player Checking
Subject description: any methods?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey I want to know if anyone has a method for checking if all players are present in game. Here's my problem, Half way through the skirmish I have reinforcements come in for all 4 teams, but if there is less than 4 team I get an IE. I understand why I get the IE I just want to know if there was anyway I could get around this.

Dark Templar X
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Set the MinimumPlayers in the [Header] to 4.

trevor_madge
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that does work but that means I can't play 1vs1... I appreciate your help.

Dark Templar X
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Other than that, I don't think there's any player count checking.

trevor_madge
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well Ive tried putting a cell tag at every spawn and attaching each to a trigger, then having so when each individual team enters there specific cell tag zone it will enable the reinforcement trigger. But it didn't work for some reason...

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about if player<x> builds conyard enable trigger etc

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
trevor_madge
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How would I go about making it so it checks player<a> player<b> ect instead of the default ones available?

trevor_madge
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And also is there a universal CON. yard variable?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There isn't a "universal" conyard, just make a trigger for each conyard/side at each of the starting points. You can also code them to deactivate the other two unused ones when it fires etc.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dark Templar X wrote:
Set the MinimumPlayers in the [Header] to 4.

Having similiar issues here -

I changed [Basic]MinPlayer=6

I added MinimumPlayers=6 to [Header]

my pkt reads MinPlayers=6

yet map still loads with only 2 players.

EDIT: Seems in TS for the pkt MinPlayers=>2 works but not in YR - confirmed by Aro

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well if you want all Human players then fail on my idea.
MY IDEA:
Have it so the "extra" spots are where the AI teams are or you could always just do a system like:
Is Player A in game? True=continue and give units/False=do nothing
Is Player B in game? True=continue and give units/False=do nothing
Is Player C in game? True=continue and give units/False=do nothing
Is Player D in game? True=give units/False=do nothing

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@MigEater... Does Player@X work for testing if a player has something? I didn't think it worked for most event checks.

FlyingZ
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Place a small invisible building with a short ranged self-destruct weapon next to each start point. If building by A is destroyed (attached trigger) then A exists. Disable and destroy (no debris/sound) after a second.

Chriss Rock
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could use ConstructionYard, instead of GACNST or NACNST ... it's the name of the ConYard, be it Alleid or Soviet, doesn't matter, it's some sort of an universal name Very Happy. I use this for testing buildings, but it should work in FA, i think. Hope it helps!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the thread is almost one year old, and you can't have triggers check generic conyards AFAIK.

Chriss Rock
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i forgot to check the date, and how was i supposed to know that triggers can't check generic conyards, i ain't no expert mapper Very Happy ...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon