Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:17 am
All times are UTC + 0
[YR] Veteran's Day (2-4)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
xforever
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject:  [YR] Veteran's Day (2-4)
Subject description: my first public map
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*takes deep breath*

Alright, so this is the first map I've decided to go public on. Its called veteran's day. In the middle of this city, is a veteran cemetery. Yet, this city was nuked Sad So, the restless souls of the veterans decide for one last fight against their enemies. (which apparently includes you)

So basically, its a standard map, with an occasional thunderstorm and a zombie uprising while trying to destroy your opponents, but you can handle that right... right?

UPDATED!
-Set a computer as player 5, this will allow you to auto target the zombies
-made ore less squareular

here are some in game shots:
lightning storm

zombies starting to appear

ground zero where the nuke happened. mini map can be seen here:

let me know what you think Wink

haunt.yrm
 Description:
version 3

Download
 Filename:  haunt.yrm
 Filesize:  183.69 KB
 Downloaded:  260 Time(s)

Last edited by xforever on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:13 am; edited 2 times in total

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Besides, how can one say it sucks if they haven't played it yet? :p Anywho, I'll give my imput later on after a game or two on this map #Tongue

/edit
First thing... The nuke at the beginning forces your screen to it, making it so you deploy late... I would say to let the nuke happen slightly later. And for the "Zombie Uprising" you say is in your map, well the problem about that is when I played it they all went after me, and because they are on the civilian faction, player's units don't automatically attack them meaning you gotta click on every single one just to kill... That's one of the things I didn't like about it.

As for the ore fields, they could be more angular then squared.

Other then that, it's an intresting map. Just find a way to make the players go hostile with the civilians and I would say it's an interesting map to play on.
/edit end

xforever
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, fair enough. *fixes*

UPDATED Very Happy

I delayed the beginning jump, so you have time to deploy
I made the ore less square.

I also made you able to attack the zombies. But you need to set a computer as player 5.

if you don't want zombies, don't set a player at 5

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't notice this before, but there is a small ramp error on the map as well where trhe "ground zero" is. For the pleasure of the view, fix it :p Not sure if your new version fixed it, but I just noticed it on the screenshot.

xforever
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whoops. fixed Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon