Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:46 am
All times are UTC + 0
Enable New Campaign
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Endar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject:  Enable New Campaign
Subject description: Can this be done?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been working on a single player project for DTA, but the new campaign button does not do anything. Is there a way to enable that button and bring up a campaign menu?

FekLeyrTarg
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New campaign? Cool. I look forward to play it.
I wish I was able to help you in this matter. I'm sorry.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DTA uses Battle_DTA.ini for the campaign, but considering that file doesn't exist the New Campaign button doesn't do anything. To get it to work, simply copy the Battle.ini file from TS, rename it to Battle_DTA.ini and modify it Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Endar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for the advice.

I got the Battle_DTA file, and I can bring up a mission menu. The problem is that it cannot read the scenario. I've saved them under the extension .map and I have tried the .dpr, but the same thing happens. I'm not sure what could be causing this. I was able to make a custom mission in the normal TS and it loaded.

Oh, I thought I would note that because of some of the land differences in TS, the maps for the missions would not be the same as in TD. That is, unless I can make titles and walls that face the same direction as they do in TD. Oh, and the hovercraft, but that should be easy to add in.

On the other hand, I could change the layout of the mission while keeping the basic objectives the same. I am open to any suggestions if you have any.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A Hovercraft has already been made for DTA 1.10. It was made by DonutArnold for the purpose of singleplayer missions. I already remade the first 4 GDI missions (Crash remade the first 4 Nod missions), but we both lost motivation to continiue. I mainly lost motivation because I couldn't get the AI to produce any units, but I also don't really have time for it anymore; multiplayer is a lot more important and if I'd try to remake all missions, the release of DTA 1.10 would take forever (and it already seems to be taking forever as it is).

Anyway, where I was actually getting at is that I got DTA to read the singleplayer missions just fine. Take in mind that the last line of the Battle.ini file is ignored, so it should always be left empty. I also don't think it matters whether you use .map or .dpr (although I've personally always .map) because you have to specify the extension after Scenario= anyway (for example "Scenario=GDI1A.MAP").

If you still can't get it to work, try making a completely empty singleplayer map (so with nothing on it whatsoever) and see if it loads. Since there's nothing on it, it should work both in DTA and vanilla TS, so if it can't load in regular TS either, something will obviously be wrong with the map.
Naturally you have to use the map editor that's provided with the mod (FinalSun_DTA) to make the singleplayer missions.

As for suggestions... I have personally kept the layout of the maps exactly the same, but adjusted the layout of the bases if there were a lot of walls. If a map has a lot of walls on it, I'd suggest to slightly rotate the entire map you're remaking to an isometric angle, so the layout is actually still the same, but just slightly rotated.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Endar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for the advice. I'll try it later today, when I have time.

I was thinking I could make a unique wall structure that goes horizontally and vertically. Of course, it would not be avaliable to build, but since the old AIs never replaced walling, that should be fine. The problem I do see is whether that wall will work as one.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've already thought of that myself, but unless you make the foundation of the walls 2x2 units will be able to just move in between the individual wall pieces.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then make some impassible terrain. Is that still ingame?

EDIT: Scratch that, obviously that would be weird after you destroyed the wall and still couldnt go through. #Tongue

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Horizontal wall can work. Just do it like this:

The red part is the 'visual' part (the wall which you can see), the gray part are the used tiles. It's not perfect but it's as close as you can get.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, I'll consider implementing horizontal/vertical walls. Any luck getting the singleplayer maps to work btw?

Endar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No luck. I tried an empty mission using Final Sun DTA, but the same thing happens.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you get that same map to work in regular TS? Considering the map is completely empty it shouldn't make a difference, but just in case...
Also, are all of the files in DTA's folder? DTA doesn't read Maps01.mix, Maps02.mix and Maps03.mix.
Also... Did you save the map as a singleplayer map and do you already have experience making singleplayer maps for TS or did you start off with DTA?

Endar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll try the regular TS tonight. I did save it in the folder, and as a single player map. I don't have much experience making missions, but I did make a single player that worked in the regular TS using the regular Final Sun. I have used the regular Final Sun a lot, though it was years ago. It hasn't changed though.

The error occurs when it gets to loading the faction data.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum