Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:54 am
All times are UTC + 0
Unit preview.
Moderators: Vefbl4
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [70 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they look like loating, coz shadows are wrong...
contrast is just fine

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Obviously because he's testing the hover locomotor!

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
It may look like some of those tanks and trucks are floating. Yes, they are, we are testing the hover ability.

Quoting Vefb above, from this thread in the fifth post downwards: http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24556

Making the effort of actually looking around for starters could have helped, no?

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This gives me an idea. Is there someone up for the task of rendering the concept art based Tick Tank just so we can see it in the engine as a test?

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why and what for?

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I get by clicking that link is this:

Lol.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

awesome.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will disappoint you. Soon the story will be changed and the game will take place out of the TS, and Westwood univerce.

I hope you still will be interested in the project.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vefbl4 wrote:
I will disappoint you. Soon the story will be changed and the game will take place out of the TS, and Westwood univerce.

I hope you still will be interested in the project.

It's not like your going to turn this into Warcraft, and change the genre into first person shooter, the RTS was probably a hoax to lure one in right? Yes I'm still interested. xP

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, too much issues with EA,copywrights, etc.

Still, the story will become better.

It will be about humanity after a third world war and the time before a alien race will arrive to Earth.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could still mix some story elements from the Tiberium series and others (Halo, Resistance, etc.).

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No there is no need, I can think out my own.

Update.

One of many after war leftovers ,Ratel 90.

y.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  245.23 KB
 Viewed:  10847 Time(s)

y.png

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm,quite curious,how are these stuff coded like?(The units I mean,not the engine.)

Other than that,quite cool.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How far off does all of this go?

Will there be <resource> harvesting, <resource> refineries and <resource> silo's?

Will there be Mcv's, engineers, helipads, powerplants, superweapons, stealth generators, walls, etc?

The key here is function and gameplay similarity. I understand there will be new things, but will there be old things aswell?

What I mean: Is the fundamental change basically just the storyline?

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Units are simular to westowoods shps, nothing special.

Still we use pngs ,later we will change that.

We will try to make all of that harvesting and other stuff. But gameplay will be different, more radical.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA is not known for being picky at these types of projects. There was one time when a game engine called freecnc was under development, and initially EA thought that it was a project that was going to give C&C1 out for a free download under the pirate principle, however when it was clarified that the copyrighted assets were not distributed with the engine, being graphics and sounds, they gave it an ok. You would need to have the original game CD to extract the media files from.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is already settled that it will be changed. It's not a mod now. #Tongue

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ vefbl4
I don't think png is a bad choice! It supports 24 color, and 8 bit alpha, and it's loseless! But that's just my 2 cents Wink

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Late programmer will make a programm that will compress all png's and stuff to one file.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon