Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:29 am
All times are UTC + 0
why is it so messed up?
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject:  why is it so messed up? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So i have the latest proGen mod now and ive kind of been editing SOME of the maps to make them a little more interesting.

but i was also trying to fix some things on some maps with the overall layouts, one that ive been really REALLY trying to fix has been the Demo Generals map, but i dont know what is wrong with it.

can any one tell me why there are so many path finding problems wiht that map, i mean what is wrong with it that ground units have to move half way around the world just to move to the spot that was right beside them.

can any one help me on that?

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

has any one tried fixing/re doing it?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What do you mean? It ain't clear to me.

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry about that, ive talked about it a number of times on different sites and got no replies, saying the same thing 50 times, i forgot to say what the problem was.

my bad.

any ways, the problem is path finding on it, ground units have to move half way around the world just to move to a spot right beside them.

i dont know why or how to fix that because it really bothers me because of that.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, you select a unit, tell it to move a bit to the left, and it circles the map before coming to the location you told it to go to?

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

for the most part yeah, maybe not the entire map but what ever units dotend to take a nice little tour, and half the time they done even end up in the spot that you tell them to, tell them to go there again and the same thing happens.

and from time to time if your trying to place a building in what ever spot, it acts like there is some thing there.

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so i found out what it was, and its so FREAKING STUPID that THIS is whas messed it up.

the objects like random blast mark generators and things like that, ambient sounds or what ever else, ACTUALLY blocks the path of any ground based units.

thou i guess there not really objects, but they can block things, even prevent buildings from being placed.

so there you have it for any one thats been trying to find it out

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon