Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:52 am
All times are UTC + 0
IMPORTANT - For 3dsmax modellers.
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject:  IMPORTANT - For 3dsmax modellers. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ofcourse,if you knew how to google,then you know of the BFME 2 Mod SDK:

Take it here:

(dead link, see below)

Install it,then try to use it to export stuff.

Now,for some users,there's a problem which appears,saying that some DLE file(NOT DLL!) isn't working.

Now,there's that simple update which helps a lot those who wanna use 3dsmax to export stuff

Here's a link,this stuff I uploaded on Mediafire:

(dead link, see below)

There you can get your update for DirectX.Extract the folder from the .rar file,then go into the folder and install the update.

Have fun to the modellers who wanna use this Wink

EDIT:I forgot to mention,the SDK works for version 7 of 3dsmax.IIRC version 6 worked too,but I'm not risking.

LATER EDIT: Link here on ModDB: https://www.moddb.com/games/cc-generals-zero-hour/downloads/battle-for-middle-earth-ii-mod-sdk-v101

Last edited by Deformat on Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:21 am; edited 3 times in total

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Note: this ain't just a bullshit thread, it is true. I fixed my 3ds max 7 problem.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also,looked in the documentation.It works for 7 and it says that it might work with later versions,but I doubt it,as heard cases in which people were complaining that it doesn't work for Max 8.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where can I download 3ds max 7?
as far as I know, the later versions are the only ones on their site and aren't compatible with the SDK right?

The only searchs I get, bring me to dead links -_-

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank You Madin, that was amazing #Tongue

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahhh, frickin nice man. I've been looking for 3dsMax9 for sometime now. Now I can finally mod Generals and RA3. Thanks for the link Very Happy

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: 3dmax Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Cranium: 3dmax9??? thought you had 11

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do have Max2011, but in order to properly use the ModSDK's you need Max9 and/or Max7. It functions some what in Max2011 but I didnt have the ability to export my models as .w3d/.w3x until now. Razz

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: 3d max Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can you open 3d max 2011 in 09? i have 10 wondering. my model doesn't look so hot when I use the newest voxelizer.....trying to find a way to get a better looking voxel

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, you cannot open Max2011 models with Max9, nor can you open Max2011 models with Max2010. In fact I dont even think you can open Max2010 models with Max9 either. But you can convert them into .3ds or .obj that can then be opened with Max9. the textures, if any, that were applied in previous models wont matter much anyway, They will have to be redone, as it calls for DirectX shaders and d39/.dds textures anyhow. Then you'll have to skin your models. So converting your models to .3ds would probably be best I figure.
Making something for RA2/YR is easy compared to making something for Generals, RA3, or anything else above that. Atleast to me it is.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cranium, just for the record, Generals does not use the same format for 3D models like RA3 or TW.

Maybe one day I should start re-doing some more research on various issues.

Also, I think I forgot to thank Dutchygamer for being my "guinea pig" back then #Tongue

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I'm very aware of that, but thanks anyway.

Cranium wrote:
I didnt have the ability to export my models as .w3d/.w3x until now.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Necro?

Anyone have the Game pack?
link in OP is dead.

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks.
This works for 3ds max 2009. right?

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cranium wrote:
no, you cannot open Max2011 models with Max9, nor can you open Max2011 models with Max2010. In fact I dont even think you can open Max2010 models with Max9 either. But you can convert them into .3ds or .obj that can then be opened with Max9. the textures, if any, that were applied in previous models wont matter much anyway, They will have to be redone, as it calls for DirectX shaders and d39/.dds textures anyhow. Then you'll have to skin your models. So converting your models to .3ds would probably be best I figure.
Making something for RA2/YR is easy compared to making something for Generals, RA3, or anything else above that. Atleast to me it is.

Something I thought I would share. I found something out by trial.....I didn't realize when I brought some models to a friends house and edited them on his computer that he had 3D max 2013. I saved them off and when I tried loading on my system I found there was a problem. I went back to his place & exported them as OBJ and tried to import them and they worked.

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OBJ is a very simple format but doesn't support everything you can do with max (and needed for SAGE games). Avoiding OBJ would be preferable.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated first post with working link.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon