Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Anyone interested in public terrain?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject:  Anyone interested in public terrain? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I've been working on something after taking up terrain. While this is far from complete, and even this shot was just a test. But I figured the public may be interested in this as soon as I finish.

And yes, I know. BLEND IS GOING TO BE DONE, THEY ARE TOO SHARP.

Watch someone completely ignore my text, and tell me to blend them. I'm going to scream.

holyshit.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  169 KB
 Viewed:  2455 Time(s)

holyshit.PNG

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm. Needs to be a little brighter/bluer IMO.

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Public terrain is a great idea Razz

Cliffs, shores, and everything else too?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The aim of these were darker, so it's not as bright and fits in with MadHQ's darker temperate terrain.

EDIT: Yes, everything. Ice, Pavement, shores, cliffs, roads, and cliffbridges.

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, the only thing i see wrong with it, is that it needs to be blended, but other than that it's great Very Happy

LOL

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You suck, Sane. Honestly and truly. Very Happy

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hahahahaha Very Happy

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks quite flat and repetetive.
Some small and very decent hills and valleys would make it much more realistic imo.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not to be rude, but you do know that's just a stock map with the new LATs on it, right?

Keeping the simplicity per lat prevents the game from overdoing it on one lat in one area and causing repetitive issues. While there is some repetition in this these lats, yes, it's minor and works well being repeated.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're asking for realism in RA2?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@m7: what i mean is that you have 8 different clear and 8 different rough ground tiles, while in your preview seem to be only 2 different rough tiles and 1 clear tile.
If you give only 1 or 2 tiles of the 8 a subtle hill/valley, it should remove the flat terrain effect significantly.

Orac wrote:
You're asking for realism in RA2?

Laughing that's a good one.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ConMan wrote:
Public terrain is a great idea

2nd that!

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: tiles Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have been trying to make morphing tiles I used the code from the TEM.ini

[TileSet0041]
SetName = LAT Sand
FileName = Green
TilesInSet = 1
;Morphable = true
LowRadarColor = 10,100,10
HighRadarColor = 10,120,10
ToSnowTheater=64
RequiredForRMG = true
AllowTiberium = true

Put in urbanmd.ini, changing the number as needed and it only shows one tile thats it. Any help? Need to see my full urbanmd.ini?? Do I need to edit the fadata.ini???

[TileSet0180]
SetName = LAT Mud
FileName = TSclat
TilesInSet = 1
;Morphable = true
LowRadarColor = 10,100,10
HighRadarColor = 10,120,10
ToSnowTheater=64
RequiredForRMG = true
AllowTiberium = true
AllowToPlace=yes

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

MT
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the code wrote:
TilesInSet = 1

Quote:
it only shows one tile thats it

Quote:
Any help? Need to see my full urbanmd.ini?? Do I need to edit the fadata.ini???

Hmm. There is something wrong here. XD

Seriously though; try changing that number to 99. It does not matter if you have less than that, it only matters if you have more.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: tile Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The tilesgo from 1, 1a........16,16a. I tried 16 I even tried 32, what it does is shows all tiles, but it doesn't morph like the sand in the original piece from TEMp.ini. When I said it showed only that 1, I meant that it shows that 1 tile in FA2, and when you place it it shows only that 1 tile. Sorry didn't explain that part. I could post my codes if you think it would help

BTW....i do have something given to me by DJBreit but I am still not having any luck making morphing tiles

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Take terrain related issues to your own thread, don't hijack mine.

@LKO: The rough terrain isn't supposed to show variety here. This was a demonstration of the transition tiles. And believe it or not, there are 8 different LATs. I'll tinker with teh code to get it to work out better. Or copy some of the other tiles over and over.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon