Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:32 am
All times are UTC + 0
Command and Conquer: X-Treme Graphix Enhanxment
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [78 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject:  Command and Conquer: X-Treme Graphix Enhanxment
Subject description: This is EXTREME
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to the CNC X-Treme Graphix Enhanxment Contest!

A few members and I decided that ppm lacked a good 2d graphics contest. (That uses programs such as Photoshop) So, we came up with this.

This contest is simple. You take a 2d image from either the TS (FS works) or the YR (RA2 works too) universe and remake it, or redesign it to how you think it should be. This can be anything from menus, loading screens, to sidebars. Please no shp type images. Such as units, etc This is a contest mostly for GUI related things.

However, if you do not wish to make/remake something from the TS or YR universe, let me know. (TD, Generals, RA3) and we can make an exception.

You may not use any prior work in this project. If we catch you using an ripped images you will be removed from the comp.

Judging is simple:

Creativity: Something different, you need to use your right brain for this - 25 points
Flow: Everything works together, there isn't clashing and the final product is appealing - 25 points
Clean: There isn't rough, poorly cut things, etc. - 25 points
Extremeness: How far it deviates from normal, but still remains useable and interesting - 25 points

Judges:
Me
SaneDisruption
m7
Orac

We are looking for more judges, pm me if interested.

Prize(s)
1st:The 1st place winner will recieve a custom rank and an additional prize (working out what that prize will be)
2nd:2nd place prize will be decided soon.
3rd:3rd place prize will be decided soon.

In this contest we encourage you to post WIP's of your work as it developes. This way we get an idea of what you are doing and makes it more fair. Have fun, and the final submission should include your final piece of art, what your new art is supposed to replace, and maybe some WIP shots.

Multiple entries are allowed! If you work faster than others, or want to submit mutlitple entries, this is allowed.

Deadline: November 21st

Last edited by Joshy on Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:28 am; edited 5 times in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm judging. I'm also going to make something as well though, but just for fun.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Short said: it's a Photoshop competition with only C&C GUI stuff as the only limit...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Some other factor that is worth 25 points: Can't think of another factor, check back soon.

EXTREMEness/awesomeness factor?

Last edited by Orac on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:53 am; edited 2 times in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
This can be anything from menus, loading screens, to sidebars. Please no shp type images

In RA2, Loading screens, menus and sidebars (TS aswell) are all SHP images. Confused It would be more clear to just say GUI only, no units or buildings.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

haha, this be interesting #Tongue

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
it's a Photoshop competition with only C&C GUI stuff as the only limit...

Pretty much. Wink

m7 is now a judge. Smile

Quote:
EXTREMEness/awesomeness factor?

Maybe, still deciding Laughing

And Aro, you know what I mean.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might enter... Aro would just win otherwise #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
I might enter... Aro would just win otherwise #Tongue

This just got interesting.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about me and my secret TI menu idea which isn't done with photoshop but 3dsmax?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe I will participate too.

There is just one thing which isn't clear to me:

Can we pick anything else than just those SHPs,
like parts of free photos, TS/TF, RA2/YR renders, etc. ?

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in. But I'm not making any sidebars for sure #Tongue

Wait, what's the prize? #Tongue

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

+500 internets #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
What about me and my secret TI menu idea which isn't done with photoshop but 3dsmax?

We couldn't do that cause all finished products are being released to the public anyhow.

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if miggy is there...

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2d huh, so no voxels.. I'll probably sit this one out.

EDIT: actually, I think I have something in mind

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahaha, I love that banner! xD hilarious.

I may enter..not quite sure what I'd do yet..tho.

hrmyhrmhrm

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
2d huh, so no voxels.. I'll probably sit this one out.

EDIT: actually, I think I have something in mind

No paint-jobs accepted! :p

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds Xciting. Might enter with my first ever made sidebar!

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool old Bolty making sidebars #Tongue look forward to it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
No paint-jobs accepted!

we'll see about that #Tongue

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Last edited by Team Black on Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total

crevio
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I will stay out of this one, I cant wait to see who does what though Very Happy

Hey Joshy, since you are hosting do you have a little spare time? my mod is really kicking my butt, so I was wondering if you could please do me a huge favor and make an infantry guy for me, if not thats o.k. but here is a pic of what I'm looking for, a vietnamese infantry.

"sorry for taking this offtopic joshy"

VietcongMale_01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.83 KB
 Viewed:  8100 Time(s)

VietcongMale_01.jpg

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks nice, but a bit off-topic...

Well if this comp is GUI stuff...have fun everyone!

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice idea. I should try to participate.

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh. Can we start posting WIPs now? #Tongue

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, lot's of replies. Very Happy

Quote:
There is just one thing which isn't clear to me:

Can we pick anything else than just those SHPs,
like parts of free photos, TS/TF, RA2/YR renders, etc. ?

Please explain more, I don't exactly understand what you are saying.

Quote:
Wait, what's the prize?

Banshee said he would give a custom rank to the winner. However, I am planning some additional prizes, stay tuned for that update.

Quote:
2d huh, so no voxels..

Yeah, but I encourage you to enter anyway.

Quote:
Hey Joshy, since you are hosting do you have a little spare time? my mod is really kicking my butt, so I was wondering if you could please do me a huge favor and make an infantry guy for me, if not thats o.k. but here is a pic of what I'm looking for, a vietnamese infantry.

Sorry, I'm having too much fun skating. Razz So, I don't get on my computer very much, and I haven't been modeling anything. Maybe another time, in like, the winter.

To everyone else, I encourage you to enter! All people of all skill levels are welcome!

So far it seems these people show interest:

Altomare
Gufu
Team Black
Aro
Mig Eater
Omegabolt
Ickus
LKO (However, all entries will be public, LKO)
PartyzanPaulzy

And the deadline is now November 21st for those who are slower or lack free time.

Also, a little 'spice' factor has been added. Contestants can submit multiple entries if they desire. So you could make a whole set of YR loading screens if you want. That way, the people that work fast can do multiple things if they want.

And yes, go ahead and post WIP's!

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

was gonna join, nvm.

Last edited by Tony on Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:36 am; edited 2 times in total

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet, I can't wait to start seeing some WIP's! Very Happy

Orac has been added as a judge.

Btw, we are considering adding a cash prize... Wink

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. Me against all these other guys... I think I'm starting to lose some hope here.. Smile

SDKH
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm definitely in on this one.

Though going back to LKO's question, are we allowed to use 3D apps. For example, the standard loading screens for TS have 3D Images in them, like the GDI Titan one.

So what I'm asking is if we made a loading screen could we use 3d elements in our final photo shopped image, Or is it not really in the spirit of things?

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I meant: there are some pictures in MIXes,

there are some renders from Westwood,

there are some pictures around the internet.

So can we use also those renders from WW and
free pictures from the internet?

for example:
I take photo of cow,
CnP cow on Apocalypse hull,
create new loading screen with that.

It was because of this rule:
Quote:
If we catch you using an ripped images you will be removed from the comp.

I am not sure how large the meaning of "ripped images" is in this case. Rolling Eyes

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doesn't "ripped" usually mean "other people's stuff"? ...so free images wouldn't fit into that category. Obviously, finding an image which fits your requirements is going to be difficult, and C/P jobs are usually easy to spot.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you rendered something like a loading screen, I see no reason why you should be punished or disqualified. As long as there is an obvious need for photoshop (which I see there no way you could render it perfectly) then I'm completely for using 3d apps to create new content.

Ripped images would be copy and pasting elements from RA3's sidebar into a RA2 one for instance. If you're going to recreate, redesign it a bit. Don't just morph a copypaste job. (or that's how I understand the ripped images part)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joshy wrote:
LKO (However, all entries will be public, LKO)

I see. In this case i have to reject as it should be TI exclusive. In addition is the deadline way to close to finish everything i've planned.

Good luck to all the contestants anyway.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Go Eno! You have mah support Very Happy

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol two month & you don't think you'll have time to finish it all o.0

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm looking at the judges here and thinking for some reason results will be biased if I enter, I wonder why. #Tongue
I'm still entering anyway, I just need to think of what I'm going to make, at first I thought a sidebar, but now I'm having second thoughts... Also, the competition is looking good, a lot of talented people are showing interest.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would enter, but i dont have the time for teh grafooox.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll let this one pass. I have some PS skills, but I am sure as hell they ain't good enough for this competition. Besides, I'm already busy atm...

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
So what I'm asking is if we made a loading screen could we use 3d elements in our final photo shopped image

Yes, you can do that. Smile

And to sum things up, I agree with what m7 and Orac said

Quote:
Doesn't "ripped" usually mean "other people's stuff"? ...so free images wouldn't fit into that category. Obviously, finding an image which fits your requirements is going to be difficult, and C/P jobs are usually easy to spot.

Quote:
If you rendered something like a loading screen, I see no reason why you should be punished or disqualified. As long as there is an obvious need for photoshop (which I see there no way you could render it perfectly) then I'm completely for using 3d apps to create new content.

Ripped images would be copy and pasting elements from RA3's sidebar into a RA2 one for instance. If you're going to recreate, redesign it a bit. Don't just morph a copypaste job. (or that's how I understand the ripped images part)

@Hyper, you should enter. #Tongue

Anyway, I can't wait to see some WIP's... Very Happy

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Come on Hyper! If you don't then someone else will win #Tongue

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll give it a go Very Happy

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heres my submission

rofl.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  964.33 KB
 Viewed:  7600 Time(s)

rofl.png

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Rico: sweet Very Happy

@Dafool: Alright, good to have an early submission. Smile

MT
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AltomareXD, good luck with your entry. Can't wait to see what you'd make for this.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
heres my submission
Photo realistic. Surprised

SuperMario949
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Funnily foolish one for dafool.

good for the first one,i'll try to make my own mods one and join in,althought i know that it's not allowed.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might make a sidebar...

Edit: a start on the sidebar itself, the icon style, and the font

WIPfont1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.13 KB
 Viewed:  7517 Time(s)

WIPfont1.png

WIPicon1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.22 KB

WIPicon1.png

WIP1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  484.51 KB

WIP1.png

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do we have to submit our entries all at once or can we send one entry after another to someone?

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon