Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:06 pm
All times are UTC + 0
G.D.I. Firestorm Cannon.
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [62 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject:  G.D.I. Firestorm Cannon.
Subject description: Special ground defence.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Firestorm Cannon

Strength: Medium
Armour: Medium
Cost: 1400
Power: -60

The Firestorm Cannon is a recent development in G.D.I. Defence. Originally derived from technology used for keeping Tiberium at bay, the Firestorm technology quickly found use as an offensive weapon. When an enemy comes within range the Firestorm Cannon will engage a constant Firestorm stream at the enemy which is devastating lethal for infantry and highly effective against ground units.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My favourite Very Happy

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome dudes! If the front was sloped it'll look epic #Tongue I like the "exhaust".

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoa Surprised

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery good! Smile

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice to see this technology not being forgotten about and instead expanded upon. Smile

MT
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree, this concept looks pretty decent. I do hope the building, when made, lives up to it.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome. No idea why anyone didn't think up of a "Firestorm Cannon" up until now...

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

.B.F.G.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A.F.H.G, actually. #Tongue

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you're both wrong.

H.D.S.B.T.A.B.M.F.G

Translates as:

Holy Dickshits, Batman! That's A Big Motherztyping Gun!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always thought about adding such a thing to my personal mod. But due to the following balancing problems i've never done it.

-a Firestorm weapon is afaik an instant kill weapon, regardless of the targets size (too powerful to be a base defense)
-It would need the power generated by the FS generator, so it can fire only while the FSdefense is active. Though unfortunately isn't there such a logic.

I hope you can fix these issues and find a solution that doesn't only looks like a uber-railgun with bigger particles.

Anyway, that is another really awesome concept. Smile

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol LKO, I think this Firestorm cannon just shoots blobs of Firestorm at people like you would fire AP shells at tanks. #Tongue

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol Destiny, it doesn't. #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Better not be SHP Railgun. #Mad

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, but even if it was why not.?

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There has been lots of mini mods in the past that included firestorm defence turrets and units but they obviously sucked donkey balls.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher wrote:
No, but even if it was why not.?
Because that wouldnt be very inventive.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^^that's what i meant with
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
I hope you can [..] find a solution that doesn't only looks like a uber-railgun with bigger particles.
Wink

But i understand that the TS engine has its restrictions, so i doubt there can be done something completely new.

For example, it would be cool if you could use the FSdefense ChargeToDrain logic in combination with the EMP logic, thus having a superweapon that fires a constant beam in a certain direction as long as the energy for the SW isn't depleted.

*damn, i really have to test this and hope you forgive me, if TI suddenly has a weapon with this logic, in the case this really works*

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No logic exists for that unfortunately Sad.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So have you already figured out how to realize this, or is it still being planned out? :p

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

we have a working logic for this and you'll have to wait to see it in action #Tongue

Hydraw Art on Facebook

jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is going to obbliterate everything that comes near your base.

I think you should replace the Defense Turret idea with an Offense Superweapon.

I mean, the Fire Storm Genorator created an uberdeth laser wall. Why not adapt the uberdeth logic to this?

I think having a turret based off of an uberdeth weapon that did not actually have uberdeth enabled would be a bit inconsistent.

I love the idea, though.

FIRE STORM NUKE xD

"But what about the Tiberium!?"
-Nod Tib Harv, Tib War III

Versace
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome Design!!!! Simply Awesome!!!!!!!! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, Starcraft 2 has since been released (lol), this reminds me a lot of Terran designs. Luckily they rock. #Tongue Hope to finally see this in SHP form...

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was bored and gave a good 20 minutes of messing around with the concept. I have no idea how big that thing is supposed to be so I'd guess it was a 4x4 building like the Obelisk of light. I have no plans for this model so if you want it Morpher, feel free to PM, even though I'm sure theres probably model in existence already in staff.

firestorm cannon.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.21 KB
 Viewed:  20108 Time(s)

firestorm cannon.png

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surprised I love it! But maybe the armours could be closer to the turret .

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Either the armor should be closer to the turret, or it needs a larger base. Otherwise a good model Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Made a quick update after the suggestions. turret base is larger with the Ion, err... firestorm jet exhaust on the side. Well it was fun, if you guys want the model, its your call.

Model can also be used in C&C: 3
has 3966 triangles and 2071 vertices.

firestormcannon_A1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  125.98 KB
 Viewed:  20055 Time(s)

firestormcannon_A1.png

Quote:

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Somebody want to slap some textures on this and animate it?

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A LOT BETTER. Very Happy

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've done turret work before, but I don't have access to TO textures to do the texture work.

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anim is no problem, just no way I'm going to Unwrap UVW this thing (feeling lazy). I'm sure DaTS or Ganster can do the texturing.

FC_anim.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.94 KB
 Viewed:  19970 Time(s)

FC_anim.gif

Quote:

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shoot me the model in .max format. I'll take a look at it and texture it this weekend. (please, TO team, remind me to do this, lest i forget)

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Roaches, that thing is awesome.

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, its a go go! Very Happy. I'll send it shortly to your inbox, in 3DS Max 2010 version. Anywho, I didn't posted this in the staff forum because I left the staff list during my long absence (cause old compy died) and don't have staff access.

@ Orac: Thanks buddy Smile

Quote:

GameMaster0000
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it should move sphere at back to top(maybe higher). It look like stuck the turret placer when it turn around.

Tiberian Sun : True Power - Reality Power Of 5 Factions...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks cool though IMO the barricades should be sloped inwards from the ground towards the building. Looks a little strange with them just sticking out of the ground the way they are.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that is ust, awesome, that is how i imagined it, exactly, super awesome

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Made small adjustments to the shield and moved the FS plasma tank upward a bit according to suggestions by GameMaster and OmegaBolt.

@ Blubb: Do you how good its feels when you say that. I'm glad the model met your concept expectations.

FC_anim2.gif
 Description:
Updated
 Filesize:  118.79 KB
 Viewed:  19766 Time(s)

FC_anim2.gif

Quote:

Last edited by Roaches on Sun May 08, 2011 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That pic has too much AA with the blue background though :p

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The blue background is there to show the visible parts. The Anti-aliasing was intentional because its not final without textures and a good measure to prevent stealing.

Quote:

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i love that thing, give it textureeeesssssss

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What sort of size were you picturing this ingame, btw?

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
What sort of size were you picturing this ingame, btw?

2x2 tiles, same foundation size as the Obelisk of Light

sorry for the late reply.

Quote:

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well... I might have a go at slapping a texture on this.
Thanks for reminding me of this wonderful model, Roaches! #Tongue

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated.

Quote:
Originally modelled by Gamingroach, then altered slightly and textured by me. Still ongoing.

Looks blurry and bad in preview, much less so in the original.

Good job, Orac, looks great! Very Happy

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally I'm not a fan of SHP turrets aside from AA structures. Especially for something that shoots a linear projectile, it will look stupid on sloped terrain.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon