Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:36 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Lost Hope (2-6)
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject:  Lost Hope (2-6) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lost Hope: This once thriving city was at the forefront of many technological and engineering developments. When Tiberium began to spread throughout the region the inhabitants were able to develop ways to harvest and utilize the crystals for themselves. Realizing hefty profits from harvesting the scientists developed ways of accelerating the growth and spread of tiberium, unfortunately the amount of waste from the process was incredible and inevitably found it's way into the river, creating a perfect environment for the infamous thorn substance to spread.

Since then GDI and Nod moved into the picture to duel over the rich tiberium sources, the city was caught in the crossfire and torn to shreds. Globotech was able to evacuate some survivors however many civilians were killed during fierce firefights. The city today stands in tatters and devoid of life, save for the tiberium creatures that roam the area. Despite this GDI and Nod still do battle here as control of such an area could greatly fund a factions war efforts.

(Click to view map in actual size)

Map made by Dudeinabox!

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Word!

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Layout looks tasty and I totally love the lighting. Smile

Only problem I see is that because everything looks red, the otherworldly glow from the Tiberium is kinda smothered. Also, the palette issues with stuff like the Tiberium crystals (the ones on the hills) in isotem or civilian buildings (globotech stuff, the tall walls, bridge repair huts) really do show themselves here... Wasn't there a tag for that in rules.ini you could use to fix things up a little? Hmmm...

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Palette errors on some pieces (mostly some older green things) will definitely get fixed up at some point, those were made before the palette alteration I think, as you can tell by the lack of coloring on the tiles. The buildings that stand out do my head in aswell, I had an idea for a hack which simply allowed the unittem.pal to be effected by the global lighting aswell as isotem.pal, that'd stop them from standing out so much. Razz

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
I had an idea for a hack which simply allowed the unittem.pal to be effected by the global lighting aswell as isotem.pal, that'd stop them from standing out so much. Razz

0_o Realllyyyy . . . . .

!Dee on Msn wrote:
(2:50 PM)!Dee: Could you say to hyper that it would be nice if we could have all the palletes to be effected by map lighting
(2:50 PM)!Dee: it could help loads

=D Bad aro!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh bollocks, my bad. Sorry D. Laughing My memory just isn't what it used to be.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Groovy map!

Q45
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, looking good! Very Happy

The only thing that bothers me is that destroyed bridge southwest from the middle, doesn't look good imo. Confused But otherwise it's great!

Twisted Insurrection's Lead Campaign Developer

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very red. #Tongue

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem I had with the bridges was having to use apply 100 damage at the waypoint, rather than just put the damaged tiles in, I would've used the damaged ones but for some reason I had people walking across water, which wasn't good #Tongue

I'll fix it up and sent it to Aro at some point.

Crimmy: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Eagle 11
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh this looks fun!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon