Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Crash after "Copy of this Section" during section renaming
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject:  Crash after "Copy of this Section" during section renaming Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When using under Section/New the function "Copy of this Section", VSE 1.38 crashes as soon as i try to rename the section. (same happens also on VSE 1.2)
I can add a number to the string "Copy of Tank", but as soon as i delete a character the program crashes.

The first error message is as follows
Quote:
Access violation at address 0050ABE1 in module 'vxlse_III.exe'. Read of address 00000096.

Then VSE throws millions of error messages like the following.
Quote:
Access violation at address 0050BE82 in module 'vxlse_III.exe'. Read of address 000000A2.

Only way to stop the messages and the program is to kill the program via taskmanager.

\EDIT
this happens not only after "copy of this section", but every time i try to rename a section.

This is especially a problem when selecting one section and then trying to move the visible layer with the keyboard shortcuts. Since you can't deselect the Section selection Dropdown menu, you rename the section as soon as you use a shortcut.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you try the latest revision and see if this problem still happens there? I think Diggory played with the clipboard in the beggining of the year, so I'm not sure if this problem is already fixed.

Simply replace vxlse_iii.exe with the one I linked above.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep it still exists. As soon as i delete only one character of the section name VSE crashes.

However the address in the error message of VSE III 1.39.50 is a different one.

Quote:
Access violation at address 0412624E in module 'vxlse_III.exe'. Read of address 00000099.

after that millions of error messages follow like that one
Quote:
Access violation at address 0412765D in module 'vxlse_III.exe'. Read of address 000000A5.

\EDIT
There is another problem with this new version.
When renaming a section, it doesn't uses the keyboard input to write the character, but uses it as the shortcut for the interface.
e.g. by pressing g, it doesn't writes a "g" but changes to the "darken" button in the toolbar below. pressing s doesn't writes an "s", but changes to the "color selector"

That's why you can't write any character that is linked to a shortcut.
And yes, the cursor flashes behind the section name, so i really have the section name as the current active input field. Wink Pressing h works and adds the character to the name as this is not connected to any shortcut. However adding a second h crashes again VSE.

Public SHPs

Tools

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you renaming the voxel via the menus, or are you just typing the name into the box at the top left of the screen?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At the "Section" dropdown box on the left in the main screen. (just above the toolbar "Tools" with the small buttons)
I haven't found another way to rename an already existing section.

The naming when creating a new section (ctrl+t) works fine.

Public SHPs

Tools

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yar... That would do it. Just let me get you a screen shot of what you should be doing...

EDIT: Here you go.
(If you're doing that, then it shouldn't be breaking, right Banshee?)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep, it works. thanks Orac.

In this case, the name changing in the main window "Section" dropdown menu should be simply deactivated.

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been asking that for awhile now, but for a different reason. Often the name Section box becomes highlighted (sometimes because of changing window etc) & then if you use any keyboard shortcuts it writes it in the box & then the program crashes. There is no way to deselect the names box so the only way to avoid it is to close the program & restart if it happens.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
I've been asking that for awhile now, but for a different reason. Often the name Section box becomes highlighted (sometimes because of changing window etc) & then if you use any keyboard shortcuts it writes it in the box & then the program crashes. There is no way to deselect the names box so the only way to avoid it is to close the program & restart if it happens.

Yep, that is pretty annoying.
However, I found that fiddling the X,Y,Z sliders manually deselected the box.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you Banshee. That's much better now.

Public SHPs

Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum