Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:03 am
All times are UTC + 0
Yuri's Revenge - Missing unit voices
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject:  Yuri's Revenge - Missing unit voices Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wanted to reinstall Yuri's Revenge to make a little modding, just as in the good old times before, and encountered a very weird problem. All the vehicles which are supposed to have unique voices, such as Soviet MCV, Apocalypse and Tesla Tanks, Flak Track and others are completely silent. Other units work normally - Conscripts, Rhinos, Kirovs, etc have their voice working.

When I used XCC Sound Editor, I couldn't find the sound files of "silent" units within game MIXes - but all those Conscripts and Kirovs have their sound files in their proper place.

The game was installed from authentic Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge CDs. I have already used these CDs to install YR on my laptop, and all units had their voice working. I tried to copy the entire game directory from the laptop to the PC, but that didn't help. The affected units still have no voice on PC.

The game was patched successfully - if something were wrong with MIX, the RTPatcher would end up whining about wrong file contents.

What is messed up here and what can I do to fix that? Any help will be very much appreciated.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You may have tried some ra2 mod that left ra2's audio.bag & audio.idx in your ra2 folder... or xcc sound editor did it possibly.
in any case if there is audio.bag/idx in ra2 folder, delete it.

the proper YR audio.bag/idx should be in your langmd.mix/audiomd.mix and be read from there normally unless install screwed up, if so, copy langmd.mix from your laptop and override existing langmd.mix.

Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't tried any modding yet, but I extracted a couple of voices with XCC Sound Editor, and, as you said, there were audio.bag and audio.idx in the game folder. I've deleted these two and all missing voices have reappeared.

Thanks for the help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum