Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:11 pm
All times are UTC + 0
lunar pal
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject:  lunar pal
Subject description: don't bother reading, its a dead issue
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to convert all my pieces over to lunar theater. Why you ask..well here is why. The tilesets listing is all messed up and so disorganized and it can be pain when creating a map. I want to organize it for my map making. It would take me about 2 days to bring over all the pieces I would use (bridges, grass, dirt, pavement fixes and such). There would a some of things I would leave out because I have no use for them. When I started I kinda had a feeling that the grass would be my first issue. I transfered 15 pieces over including a few of my grass pieces and they came up brown (I was kinda expecting this, seeing how the couple of pieces appeared darker in the lunar setting.) Is there any way of adding the proper colors? And if so explain how.

If it can't be done.....What if I reorder the whole list (STOP, don't say anything yet) and when I make my actual mod/campaign file using the XCC Utilities can I place my urban/temp/snow files in there? I know reordering the list will throw off all maps that have been previously created and future maps, but you could disable my mod and return to normal right? I have reordered the list before, thats how I know it will screw up the maps, but right now I am not concerned with old maps. i could convert some of the maps after I finish my work.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Last edited by Nikademis Von Hisson on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So what exactly is the problem? "Is there any way of adding the proper colors" doesn't say much o.0 Are you editing the lunar pal or replacing it or what?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: lunar Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let me try this again.

I want to convert all my pieces over to lunar theater. I will be adding all the pieces that I created for urban plus some of the original pieces and placing them at the end of the lunar ini file. This way its organized and I can zip through and make a map without hunting for tiles. All the like tilesets will be in order. I know it would take me about 2 days to bring over all the pieces I would use (bridges, grass, dirt, pavement fixes and such). My problem is when I bring the grass pieces over to the lunar settings, they come out brown. When I started I kinda had a feeling that the grass would be my first issue. Look at my pic and maybe that will explain it. The top is urban piece, the bottom is lunar. I took my urban piece, copied complete to PS CS3, went back to the TMP Editor 1.05 changed the pal to lunar and then pasted complete over the piece and now the green grass is brown, wrong color.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

K well that's what I thought you meant but the answer seamed so obvious that I wasn't sure...

It's simple, the isolun.pal doesn't have any greens in it (why would the moon need green!) thus you get the closest thing in the pal which is brown.

To fix it you'll need to make a new isolun.pal

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to add to Mig's comment, you would also have to remap all the existing tiles to the new pal or replace them all together.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: back to the drawing board Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Screw that on both accounts.....way too much effort for me now............Thanks Mig and Blade, guess I am working on my second way to organize my ini

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon