Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:39 am
All times are UTC + 0
[YR] Eiffel Island
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Okapis Rule
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject:  [YR] Eiffel Island Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is my map, I thought you would like it. It is my first real map, it took somewhere around 15 hours to make, I have been working on it inconsistently for 9 months or so. I recently really got into it and put some finishing touches on it, including the various triggers, the cars driving around, and the slight ini editing to make it more fun. Try it out and tell me what you think about it.
There is an island in the upper left corner (which I believe is east) that is a tech haven protected by snipers and a "Paris Tower" that you can capture, which allows you to make cosmonauts. I hope you enjoy the work I have put into this map.
Thanks!
Newer version at bottom, I didn't really want to save over the first one.

eiffel island.yrm
 Description:
The map

Download
 Filename:  eiffel island.yrm
 Filesize:  688.99 KB
 Downloaded:  442 Time(s)

Last edited by Okapis Rule on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

zinkin
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: nice one for a begginer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have been making maps seen last year and didnt realise about this website until now lol.... your map is not bad... but i suppose you add more stuff like cliffs, town and bridges. Razz Razz

specter
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Added Minimap Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Added Minimap

minimap.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.76 KB
 Viewed:  4853 Time(s)

minimap.png

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't it sport of unbalanced for the players further away from the island? Surely one would be forced to fight their way all the way through the opposite players?

Okapis Rule
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Only a little for Yuri and Soviets. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Isn't it sport of unbalanced for the players further away from the island? Surely one would be forced to fight their way all the way through the opposite players?
The easiest way to get to the island is by air, and you could go around other players with a helicopter. If you are Soviet, it would be very hard any way because you have no way to turn off their power besides blowing up the actual nuclear reactor. (Also, they have two backup reactors off the map, so this may not work.) Yuri can fly in with floating disks to take out the power, but both will have to make naval ship yards and get through the hordes of boomers and squids. Of course, either could directly attack the tower instead of capturing it, but that would take the fun out of defending the island.

Okapis Rule
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My preferred method of taking the Island is as follows:
@#%&SPOILER ALERT!!!&%#@
Build a nighthawk transport, 5 engineers, and 10 rocketeers. Load the Engineers into the transport and move it and the rocketeers into the topmost section of water. Leave the helicopter there and use the rocketeers to kill the 2 dinosaurs, the 3 nearest gap generators, and the 3 nearest snipers. Then take the helicopter to the middle of the upper right tech base and put one engineer into each building. (Right now, if you go where the gate is or beyond, you will be in range of the tower.) build a barracks nearest the air base and build a spy and a few more rocketeers. Kill the nearest gate and the gate to the nuclear reactor with rocketeers. (some will be shot down.) Disguise the spy as a neutral unit and put him into the nuclear reactor. Take the patriot missiles out with your rocketeers once the power is out. Then go further down and left and take out the cosmonauts. Proceed to kill all of the snipers (they are hidden well) and, if you feel like it, all of the gap generators. Make a spy and 5 engineers, send the disguised spy into the power plant and the engineers into the tower itself. Congratulations, you now have an easy to defend island! Hope that helped, and it takes a long time because it should, with all of the benefits that it gives you.

Okapis Rule
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Edit Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have now added tunnels and some better tiles.

Eiffel Island.yrm
 Description:
The new map

Download
 Filename:  Eiffel Island.yrm
 Filesize:  696.1 KB
 Downloaded:  273 Time(s)

Okapis Rule
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And a little more editing...

Eiffel Island.yrm
 Description:
Latest version

Download
 Filesize:  709.41 KB
 Downloaded:  245 Time(s)

Eiffel Island.yrm
 Description:

Download
 Filesize:  695.94 KB
 Downloaded:  285 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon