Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:36 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tunnels in FA2YR
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Okapis Rule
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject:  Tunnels in FA2YR
Subject description: Is there a way to make tunnels in Final Alert Yuri's Revenge?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be nice if I could add functional tunnels to my urban map on Yuri's Revenge, but I don't know if that is possible in Final Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge.
Tell me if there is a way, and if so, how. Thank you!

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need the Terrain Expansion & an edited FAData.ini to add fully working tunnels with FA2. The Terrain Expansion can be found here & here is a guide to editing the FAData.ini.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Okapis Rule
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The website seems to be for sale. Is there any other way I can get the expansion?
And my map would still work fine over the internet, right?

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okapis Rule wrote:
And my map would still work fine over the internet, right?
it do work if the other player also have Terrain Expansion & an edited FAData.ini

Dark Templar X
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They would only need the TX. The modified FAData is just for FinalAlert.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The art work for the tunnels are already in the mix files. You only need to acquire the modified FAData.ini to accomplish this for the tube placement. and tubes are transferrable thru your Map.ini allowing you online play without any problems. You can accomplish this without the TX. The only thing is you most likely will have to do some Tube editing in the Map.ini. You'll find them in the [TUBES] section usually located at the end of map.ini also there are some Tunnel Tutorials around, I recommend you read them.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The standard tunnels in the games mixes are not set up correctly so you need the TX which has fixed & fully working versions.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, but only difference is the tunnel top's match the cliff's terrain. If he just wants to use tunnels for online play he can use whats there. The tunnel logic stills works without the TX.

Okapis Rule
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, and I found an alternate source for the files.

Okapis Rule
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now the terrain expansion is working, but I have installed everything properly and the tunnel connecting tool is no anywhere to be found.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um, Mig posted a link on how to edit the FAData.ini, did you not bother to look? I guess I'll make it a little simplified for you and give you this. goto your FinalAlert directory and replace the FAData.ini with this one. Happy tunnel making Very Happy

FAData.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  FAData.rar
 Filesize:  12.23 KB
 Downloaded:  298 Time(s)

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It should also be noted that the FAData only works with FA2 1.02 IIRC. Also, the TX fixes the lack of enter cursors on tunnels making them easier to use correctly and again IIRC improves pathfinding that involves the tunnels. Besides, if you ware going to play tunnel maps, you want them to look right don't you?

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dont get me wrong, I highly recommend using TX. I was just trying to explain that for online play and ease of use without having to worry about the other people having the required files, that he can use whats there and make them work. They just have to be done right.

Okapis Rule
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did the bug fixing part already. I downloaded your text file, and it was the exact same. There is no tunnel editor in the sidebar.

Okapis Rule
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And how do you get version 1.02 IIRC?

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, a small detail I over looked was the fact that the FAData.ini with tunnels only works with the 102 version as Blade had reminded me above. But anyway you can get it here.
http://xwis.net/downloads/fa2yr102.exe

Okapis Rule
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool, thanks everyone, it's working perfectly now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon