Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
For Vista and Win 7 Hamachi users
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject:  For Vista and Win 7 Hamachi users Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
The following steps are the least you'll need to do in order to play most games:
How the metrics and the Hamachi properties should look like in Vista.

1. After installing Hamachi, run it once and insure you've configured your firewall properly and have set port forwarding on your router(s) (if you have one).

2. Re-prioritize your network adapter order:

For XP/2000: Start > Control Panel > Network Connections, then, on the menu bar, click Advanced > Advanced Settings and put Hamachi at the top of the list.

For Vista: Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center, then, on the left side panel, click on 'Manage Network Connections'. Now press Alt, click on Advanced > Advanced Settings and put Hamachi at the top of the list.

For Windows 7: Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center, then, on the left side panel, click on 'Change adapter settings'. Now press Alt, click on Advanced > Advanced Settings and put Hamachi at the top of the list.

3. Configure the gateway and metrics:

In Network Connections right click on Hamachi > Properties, select TCP/IP(v4) > Properties > Advanced. Ensure that the default gateway is 5.0.0.1, if not, then add/edit it and set its metric to Automatic (this is the Gateway Metric).
Below 'Default gateways' tick 'Automatic metric' (this is the Interface Metric).

Quick notice: Some users have reported that their internet connection fails when Hamachi is turned on. Removing the Hamachi gateway (5.0.0.1) should resolve the problem. It is not known why this is happening, but it might be the ISP's fault. Entering a Gateway Metric manually (for example, the default "1500") can restore the internet connection, but gaming functionality may still not be available.

4. If you're running Vista disable TCP/IPv6 (untick it in the Hamachi properties)

5. If you're running Vista ensure that Hamachi appears in the 'Network and Sharing Center' as a 'Private Network' .
If it doesn't, then press customize (at Hamachi, of course) and set it to 'Private Network'.

6. Reboot.

7. Create/Join a Hamachi network and check to see if you can ping/chat with one another. If either one of these don't work ensure you haven't forgotten anything and check again. Still not working? check section 3.1 and 3.2 of the 'Advanced Guide' below.

8. The game host must be running Vista when playing with XP users!

For those who want know where to find this and to view the advanced guide:

logmeinwiki.com

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you!

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am buying a new PC soon, so I am gonig to need this.
Just a question, will this work with the UDP dll? or is this the IPX only?

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Problem!
I need help here Tony(or someone else who knows)

You see those red rings? I have to fill in these with something vaild, otherwise this dont work.
So what should I write there?

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Forget above, this picture made me slow my above problem:

I tested this with another guy(he use XP SP2).
I enterd Network, I saw his name, I created a game, he joined me. Then when I press ready game say: "xxx do noy have this map".
In other words, this do not work
Note that we also tried he creating, no diffrence.

I guess there is no solution

BTW has anyone tested this on RA2/YR? Nowhere in that guide does it say that this work for RA2

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uhmm if you use the UDP patch (wsock32.dll) you don't have to mess with those settings at all.

You just fire up Hamachi and host a network game

and make sure everyone on the game uses the UDP patch or else it will not work.

If Hamachi still doesn't work try using a older version such as 1.0.1.5 1.0.1.5 works best for old games regardless if they use UDP or not.

Last edited by Tore on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I use UDP method. It still didnt work with Hamachi 1.0.1.5
It wont work no mather what version I have becuse RA2 UDP method require NWLink IPX, and fvcking Vista and Win7 dont have that.

When I used 1.0.1.5(on both computers offcourse), I could launch the game, but then the screen went black(crashed).

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When you use the UDP patch, it NO LONGER USES IPX.

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got it to working(UDP).

- The creator must be the XP user, if the Win7 user create, it wont work.
- The XP user should not install NWLink IPX
- Hamachi should have topp priority on advanced settings
- Win7 user should have TCP/IPv4 and TCP/IPv6 enabled or disabled. If one is enabled and other one is disabled, it wont work.

In a hour, I am going to test this how lagfree and smooth this is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon