Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
General Powers/Sciences?
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject:  General Powers/Sciences?
Subject description: Quick Question
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay.. So for my new faction. Atrum. They have a whole new Set of General powers/Sciences.

And.. i dont know how to do the first three i have in mind.

Specialized Infantary Divions
Battle-Hardened Vehicles
Elite Air Support

Now..
What i need to know.
I need one of those.. cancel out the others. Because.. kinda over balanced if you got all of them.. right? well.. you can only get one so i need to know how to do that. and second..
The Science effects A whole range of things.
Like.. Take for example Battle-Hardened Vehicles, Effects not only veterancy on some vehicles but adds more health. Elite air support, Adds Faster build time, and Better Accuracy, And Specialized Infantary Divions Increases Damage, Range and movement speed-

Askhati
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Battle-hardened Vehicles
- look at how the USA MOAB science gives you a free upgrade which improves the FAB superweapon, and then look at how the USA Composite Armor upgrade increases tank armor. Combining the two effects should give you what you need.

Elite Air Support
- not sure, never tried anything like that.

Spec. Inf. Div
- the damage and range upgrades can be done via copying the code for how the GLA AP Bullets upgrade will increase the damage of the Rebel's main weapon.
- to increase movement speed, you will need an upgrade to change the locomotor of the selected units, done the same way as the China Nuclear Tanks upgrade will improve the speed of the Battlemaster.

Hope that helps. I could explain in more depth, but it's best if you explore and learn these things on your own.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the american tech center, or whatever it's called, has 3 options that are chosen from, and they cancel each other out.

As for purchasable sciences, one science can serve as the prerequisite for another, so you can have like 3 tech trees jus like in ra3.

Askhati
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...yes, but those strategy center 'options' are strategies that you choose, not general sciences. I think Frontlines is looking for a way to make the three sciences available on the science menu, but limiting the player to picking only one.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea..thats what im looking for.. What askhati said..
and i know about how to do the upgrade.. but to have one upgrade effect multiple things..
Like.. Once you get the Upgrade.. or science or whatever you want to call it.. to Chnage not only the multiple units -easy- But to change multiple factors like. speed, damage, and so on

Askhati
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, whenever you change the WeaponSet or Locomotor or add health or whatever, the code block will include a field where you specify which upgrade should trigger this change. Simply put your desired upgrade into all these fields, and the one upgrade will then be responsible for boosting health, speed, weaponry, etc.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay. Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon