Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:32 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Final alert 2 stopped loading ra2 and yuri's revenge
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject:  Final alert 2 stopped loading ra2 and yuri's revenge
Subject description: doesnt show + signs on stuff, vehicles and stuff not listed
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had it working before, then it stopped. It may of been triggered from me keep renaming Ra2 folders, or deleteing them, making new ones, copying new ones, renaming, and etc (i have like 11 mods) but that never was a problem before... now The program sorta does wierd things. Everything is vague of what it mentions (sorta like instead of sand or grass it would say ground 1 or something).

Here is a picture. I turned off administator controls thingy so nothing can be run as administer and not be required to run as administer.

As stated before, I did click new, it does this aswell when i do loading.

Untitled.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.5 KB
 Viewed:  5575 Time(s)

Untitled.jpg

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Go to Options -> Settings, and see if the directory it loads its files from is still correct Wink

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New problem. Now I can not even run Final alert at all. Just shows me this whenever I start it. Even though I did not do anything to it. :mad:

Untitled.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  50.62 KB
 Viewed:  5536 Time(s)

Untitled.jpg

DrKyle1357
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm.. I got that same error earlier today, but I started it up again and it ran fine.

ARustySpoon
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you have any ra2.csf files in your directory? Occasionally that can give some errors for some reason. Try shutting down some processes too if you have a lower end computer.

Dark Templar X
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Run As Administrator. That seems to fix FA2 and Vista issues.

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont have to run it as administer... i have that administer control shutted off. Also I tried to post last night but Internet died that the problem is fixed. I had to switch RA2 folders. the one with my mod causes the problem but my none modded RA2 folder works fine. So i think it might be Npatch AE since I never tried it with npatch ae and only SE... but did anyone else here ever tried Npatch AE with final alert? I want to make sure if its me or the npatch before I try to fix it.

By the way, removing ra2.csf did not do anything Sad

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:11 am    Post subject: Npatch Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I ran the NPatch and the RockPatch and FA worked fine. I know you have the admin turned off, but if you havent tried it, it can help. I think I had an issue than once I ran as admin it ran fine, not sure if i had to do that with Vista or Win 7.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Dark Templar X
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wardeathfun wrote:
i dont have to run it as administer... i have that administer control shutted off. Also I tried to post last night but Internet died that the problem is fixed.

You realize that FA2 should run with elevated permissions, don't you? Nature of the application.

But since you said it worked without your mod, why does it need to work with your mod? FA2 accepts one location for RA2, not multiple ones. It looks for the registry key that points to RA2's EXE so it's not surprising that it works in the regular directory and not your new one. Swap the directory names and see if that works. I've run NPSE with FA2 just fine before.

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always renamed the folders based on if im using them or not. It needs to work for my mod natrually because making campaigns are kinda impossible unless you have all the units... plus i wanted to convert all the westwood maps to assualt. Also I ranned npatchse on final alert 2, but not AE. Thats why i asked if AE works or not. If you have administer crap turned off, everything runs as if you said yes to administers :p plus i tried it with admin on... does nothing.

I guess It does not matter. If i figure out whats the problem I will just deal with it.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: FA2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, heres a thought. Place all utilities in a separate folder. I have my game in C:\Westwood and I created a new folder C:\ Utilities Main. Inside this one I have separate folders for each Utility program that I have. And any folder I don't use I leave alone, because sooner or later if you change it, it could come back to bite you in the ass or arse (for you British people, lol)

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

omg, this is crazy. I always been assuming it was npatch ae (even though someone above said it runs fine for them), but i just made another RA2 folder without npatch AE or any hack installed, just a normal ra2 game with the expand added, and rules/arts.

Well, same problem popped up. Assuming it was something to do with maybe, the map program tries to read the mix files looking for ra2 stuff but, i deleted it, and no go. still lacks the + drop down options. However, when I deleted Rulesmd.ini, it worked. So it must be something added to rulesmd.ini that is making this happen Dx

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: FA2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The left is my C: listing, the middle is my C:\Westwood\RA2 listing, and the right is my Utilities Main listing.

I create a folder in Utilities main (EX: Final Alert) Unpack it there. I don't know about you, but I wasn't paying attention when I first installed it and found it mad 2 copies in that folder. I have run NP and RP and no problems with FA2 reading anything

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I discovered what caused it.

It was the buildingtypes list. I had the values of

WP{=
WP}=
WP|=
W"=

etc. One of the keys there makes final alert just not work. There is many missing junk all over so who knows whats causing that, but atleast now i can place stuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon